Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Fri 15 Dec 2017, 20:24

After the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], we are now grouping a very interesting series of reptiles and amphibians. Figures are marked 1995 and only four are known until now.
Please, if anyone have more info about this series, just share here!

p.s.: About the charming toad, does anyone know the species? Is it a cane toad? scratch

Green Iguana
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Desert Horned Lizard

Malagasy Giant Chameleon

Toad

Pictures are from Beatrice but the chameleon that is from Christophe. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Roger on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 20:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Fri 15 Dec 2017, 20:27

The toad picture is not displaying.

Widukind recently posted a melagassy giant chameleon as well (not sure it's from the same year or not).

New Ray continues to amaze me with their diversity and figures. Did these just kind of fly under the radar for years?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Fri 15 Dec 2017, 20:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The toad picture is not displaying.

Widukind recently posted a melagassy giant chameleon as well (not sure it's from the same year or not).

New Ray continues to amaze me with their diversity and figures. Did these just kind of fly under the radar for years?

Thanks for your observations. Toad pic is fixed now and chameleon is marked 1995, likely from this series too as you pointed. cheers First post was updated accordingly.
Yes, these figures are often illusive or we see them so randomly that we almost forgot. The chameleon is a good example, I've seen it and when building the series page, I've lost it. That's one of the reasons why it is good to group them on TAI or in a thread. It turn collecting life easier. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Sat 16 Dec 2017, 00:58

A wonderful serie and i think there are any more, like the bird serie.

The chameleon found the way from France to Germany, it is only the same :)

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Sat 16 Dec 2017, 01:16

I have to add that the lizards and the toad have no species name on it. Just marked New Ray 1995 (and "made in China" of course) - all rather tiny, not big as on the birds (the marking, not the figures themselves which are bigger than the birds).

So is the Chameleon marked with species? (because it is named precisely on TAI, not only "Chameleon")
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Sat 16 Dec 2017, 03:07

WOW !!!! affraid cheers Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Sun 17 Dec 2017, 01:59

I have to add that the lizards and the toad have no species name on it. Just marked New Ray 1995 (and "made in China" of course) - all rather tiny, not big as on the birds (the marking, not the figures themselves which are bigger than the birds).

So is the Chameleon marked with species? (because it is named precisely on TAI, not only "Chameleon")

Not marked with specie name :)

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 06:52

I just now discovered these topics, with some figures I've never seen before! The iguana and horned lizard have a special charm, the chameleon is exquisite, and the toad is in an interesting defensive pose- all special pieces for a collection. The older New-Ray animals I remember (the zoo/wildlife types) came in a plastic, cardboard-backed hanger, two to a set, with a piece of accessory scenery. I wonder if these others came in sets of two as well?

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 07:06

I'm not good enough with my amphibian IDs, but I've been around cane toads, and that's no Cane toad.

It looks familiar, but I can't quite figure out what it is!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 07:28

I wouldn't be surprised if the toad remains unidentifiable to a specific species, with those colors. Maybe the common toad is the most likely reference for that pose, and the spots, disregarding the super-saturated color (the horned lizard and iguana are really bright, too).

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 07:33

I wouldn't be surprised if the toad remains unidentifiable to a specific species, with those colors. Maybe the common toad is the most likely reference for that pose, and the spots, disregarding the super-saturated color (the horned lizard and iguana are really bright, too).

The globular shape is definitely reminiscent of a particular type of toad. Just not sure which.

Wait--spadefoot toads! They kind of have that shape! As just an example, not sure if that is an accurate guess.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 07:55

I was thinking it was just puffed up, like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But you're right about spadefoot toads fitting the shape, too... scratch

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 08:26

an inflated common toad makes the most sense. I grew up with spadefoots in the deserts of central/southern AZ, and it doesn't strike me for a spadefoot.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 13:09

Not marked with specie name :)

Of course this chameleon is a chameleon, but it looks like a Malagasy giant chameleon, at least more than any other species.

an inflated common toad makes the most sense. I grew up with spadefoots in the deserts of central/southern AZ, and it doesn't strike me for a spadefoot.

Yes it lets me think about an odd coloured common toad.

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    Thu 28 Dec 2017, 18:45

I am so glad you are trying to find out a good species match for this beautiful New-Ray figure. Of course cane toad is a bad guess once it was my guess. Laughing It is a fact that New-Ray use vibrant colors and that their figures are found in several color variants, though, also toads have several morphs and there are, at least, 3 toad species known as common toads. The Asian, European and American. I think we agree all it is a true toad made of plastic. Laughing

Rare red morph of an European common toad. Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Picture of an Eastern American toad from Virginia Herpetelogical Society website.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...    

Back to top Go down

New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibian series...
Page 1 of 1