Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...

Go down 
+9
Duck-Anch-Amun
Kikimalou
sbell
A.R.Garcia
SUSANNE
Froggie
widukind
bmathison1972
Roger
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  Empty
PostSubject: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 12:24 am

After the Bird series, we are now grouping a very interesting series of reptiles and amphibians. Figures are marked 1995 and only four are known until now.
Please, if anyone have more info about this series, just share here!

p.s.: About the charming toad, does anyone know the species? Is it a cane toad? scratch

Green Iguana
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Desert Horned Lizard, red variant

Desert Horned Lizard, red variant, blue variant

Chameleon (brown)

Chameleon (yellow)

Toad

Last edited by Roger on Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 12:27 am

The toad picture is not displaying.

Widukind recently posted a melagassy giant chameleon as well (not sure it's from the same year or not).

New Ray continues to amaze me with their diversity and figures. Did these just kind of fly under the radar for years?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
The toad picture is not displaying.

Widukind recently posted a melagassy giant chameleon as well (not sure it's from the same year or not).

New Ray continues to amaze me with their diversity and figures. Did these just kind of fly under the radar for years?

Thanks for your observations. Toad pic is fixed now and chameleon is marked 1995, likely from this series too as you pointed. cheers First post was updated accordingly.
Yes, these figures are often illusive or we see them so randomly that we almost forgot. The chameleon is a good example, I've seen it and when building the series page, I've lost it. That's one of the reasons why it is good to group them on TAI or in a thread. It turn collecting life easier. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 4:58 am

A wonderful serie and i think there are any more, like the bird serie.

The chameleon found the way from France to Germany, it is only the same :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 5:16 am

I have to add that the lizards and the toad have no species name on it. Just marked New Ray 1995 (and "made in China" of course) - all rather tiny, not big as on the birds (the marking, not the figures themselves which are bigger than the birds).

So is the Chameleon marked with species? (because it is named precisely on TAI, not only "Chameleon")
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 7:07 am

WOW !!!! affraid cheers Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:59 am

Froggie wrote:
I have to add that the lizards and the toad have no species name on it. Just marked New Ray 1995 (and "made in China" of course) - all rather tiny, not big as on the birds (the marking, not the figures themselves which are bigger than the birds).

So is the Chameleon marked with species? (because it is named precisely on TAI, not only "Chameleon")

Not marked with specie name :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 10:52 am

I just now discovered these topics, with some figures I've never seen before! The iguana and horned lizard have a special charm, the chameleon is exquisite, and the toad is in an interesting defensive pose- all special pieces for a collection. The older New-Ray animals I remember (the zoo/wildlife types) came in a plastic, cardboard-backed hanger, two to a set, with a piece of accessory scenery. I wonder if these others came in sets of two as well?

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 am

I'm not good enough with my amphibian IDs, but I've been around cane toads, and that's no Cane toad.

It looks familiar, but I can't quite figure out what it is!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:28 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the toad remains unidentifiable to a specific species, with those colors. Maybe the common toad is the most likely reference for that pose, and the spots, disregarding the super-saturated color (the horned lizard and iguana are really bright, too).

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:33 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the toad remains unidentifiable to a specific species, with those colors. Maybe the common toad is the most likely reference for that pose, and the spots, disregarding the super-saturated color (the horned lizard and iguana are really bright, too).

The globular shape is definitely reminiscent of a particular type of toad. Just not sure which.

Wait--spadefoot toads! They kind of have that shape! As just an example, not sure if that is an accurate guess.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:55 am

I was thinking it was just puffed up, like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But you're right about spadefoot toads fitting the shape, too... scratch

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 12:26 pm

an inflated common toad makes the most sense. I grew up with spadefoots in the deserts of central/southern AZ, and it doesn't strike me for a spadefoot.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 5:09 pm

widukind wrote:
Froggie wrote:

Not marked with specie name :)

Of course this chameleon is a chameleon, but it looks like a Malagasy giant chameleon, at least more than any other species.

bmathison1972 wrote:
an inflated common toad makes the most sense. I grew up with spadefoots in the deserts of central/southern AZ, and it doesn't strike me for a spadefoot.

Yes it lets me think about an odd coloured common toad.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 10:45 pm

I am so glad you are trying to find out a good species match for this beautiful New-Ray figure. Of course cane toad is a bad guess once it was my guess. Laughing It is a fact that New-Ray use vibrant colors and that their figures are found in several color variants, though, also toads have several morphs and there are, at least, 3 toad species known as common toads. The Asian, European and American. I think we agree all it is a true toad made of plastic. Laughing

Rare red morph of an European common toad. Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Picture of an Eastern American toad from Virginia Herpetelogical Society website.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyFri May 22, 2020 12:02 pm

I recovered the pictures of this topic and updated with Fernando's blue horned lizard.
We also know now that some more amphibians exist, here some for sale
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyFri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm

It is amazing , - a whole series cheers

BTW, yesterday I saw that Duck-Anch-Amun got a yellow chamelion ;D

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyFri May 22, 2020 9:58 pm

As I got new informations about New-Ray (already posted in the TAI photo thread):

And as Susanne already wrote, here a photo of the chameleon (yellow variation). It´s marked with "New-Ray 1995 Made in China".
The picture can be used for TAI (sorry, I´m not so talented concerning photos...)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyFri May 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I like this kind of collective contributions in a topic dedicated to a certain series. It helps a lot to sort things and sometimes we find really great surprises.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , your photo is more then talented, it seems to represent the ability of some humans to behave as chameleons just because of a little money.Laughing
You even reply to @A.R.Garcia question and your post is a step forward regarding this subject.
Seeing how beautiful is that chameleon figure, I wonder which other surprises are reserved. bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat May 23, 2020 2:21 am

It is just wonderful drunken

And nice photos too Wink

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptySat May 23, 2020 3:52 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 6:08 am

Fernando provided pictures of these frogs and toads.
Could anyone help me with the species identification?

This one seems to be a true frog, (Ranidae), notice the hind paws adapted to water.

This one seems to be a tru toad, (Bufonidae), it is warty,  have a stocky body and short legs. which species?

This beautiful model seems to represent a tree frog (Hylidae ), notice the forward facing eyes and the adhesive pads on toes and fingers, but which one shows these colors?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 6:43 am

affraid

Holy Hamster Shocked

They are just magnificent models cheers

Untill recently I was so naive that I thought New-Ray made rather primitive ( charming, but...) models, and here we see such rare and beautyful models drunken

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 6:47 am

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 8:17 am

flower flower

Thanks ,Roger, Susanne and Andreas.

Every day we find more animals of the New-Ray line . A great job awaits Roger.

I have other animals , with different colors, more photos soon.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...    New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...  Empty

Back to top Go down

New-Ray 1995 Reptiles and Amphibians series...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next