Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 am

This is the beluga whale from Battat's Terra series. I think it is a pleasant-looking figure that makes a great companion for the Wild Safari Sea Life version. We'll compare them here.

(As you can see, there is no blowhole sculpted. If needed, I think it could be carved, painted, or drawn on.)

Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 am

Smile More pictures of them together…

…along with the Toob and Good Luck Mini figures…

…and just for fun, the little ones together:

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Nice beluga(s)

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Fantastic comparison! They surely work nicely togethe! I think the Battat figure is very decent and nice enough to collectors of sealife figures. I confess my ignorance and I am not sure blowholes are really that visible when these animals are underwater. Though, they should really make something of it. :)

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:22 pm

The blowhole is very visible on live spécimens. It is easy to see on this spotless white skin.
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 pm

I will probably carve a slight horizontal notch and lightly shade it. Though I think even a pen would work, because they close it underwater, plus it isn't visible from all angles.

On a side note, does anyone know how well this Safari and the Papo beluga go together? I've been curious about that...

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:00 am

@Bowhead Whale wrote:
The blowhole is very visible on live spécimens. It is easy to see on this spotless white skin.

Thanks for your reply. It is good to have you with us. Very Happy

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:05 am

Wonderful comparisons cheers

Thankyou for sharing Applause

It seems very hard to find pictures of the back of an underwater beluga, but I BW is our expert , of course Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd   

Back to top Go down

Battat Terra Beluga Whale: walkaround and comparison with Safari Ltd
Page 1 of 1