Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Wow he looks great!! bounce

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:10 pm

That horse looks absolutely smashing, Andy! drunken Blue roan is such a gorgeous colour! That's going to be a lucky new owner! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Since A-J received her swap repaint from me and showed it in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I decided to share some photos I made during the repainting process Smile This repaint was extremely fun to do, and it really encouraged me to do more repaints! cheers I only have to learn to photograph the repaint during every step, because I forgot some steps this time What a Face I used acrylics paint and I finished it with varnish.

So here is the repaint I did for A-J! It's supposed to be a bat-eared fox (Otocyon megalotis) and it was done on the 2017 Papo fennec fox model ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Of course, first a photograph of the original figurine:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I first washed the figurine with soap, because I heard that the paint sticks better this way. The first painting step was to paint the figurine completely black. I did two layers of black paint, just to be sure. But I forgot to photograph this step, but I think you can all imagine the Papo fennec fox in black Laughing

The next step was to add a dark shade of brown. I didn't cover the complete figurine, because some parts (such as the legs) were supposed to stay black. So here's the fox with the first layers of dark brown:

And of course I miss some photographs of the process here. I did several layers of brown on top of the old ones, working with a lighter shade every time. And it was important that there was a clear contrast in the face, resulting in the bat-eared fox's mask.

And here's the painting process as good as finished! I painted the eyes dark brown with black vertical pupils. I gave the nails a grey touch.

I put a layer of matt varnish on top of the fur and glossy varnish on the eyes and nose. Here he's ready to be photographed in my little studio:

And of course a good photograph is part of the process as well, including a close-up (and I still need a macro lens):

I hope it's recognizable as a bat-eared fox. It was extremely fun to do! cheers

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm

He is beautiful Julie! cheers Absolutely adorable I love you So much fun watching your progress too! Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 am

Julie, of course a fox is always a good idea. Very interesting that repaint of the Papo fennec in a bat-eared. Surely the mould works well and it is recognizable. Lucky owner. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Shipping deadline was the 12th - if you have not yet shipped and have not contacted me otherwise, please PM me ASAP!

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Thank you so much, LeeAnn and Roger! cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down
A-J

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Since A-J received her swap repaint from me and showed it in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I decided to share some photos I made during the repainting process Smile This repaint was extremely fun to do, and it really encouraged me to do more repaints! cheers I only have to learn to photograph the repaint during every step, because I forgot some steps this time What a Face I used acrylics paint and I finished it with varnish......

.....I hope it's recognizable as a bat-eared fox. It was extremely fun to do! cheers

cheers  It's really nice to see the process!

That reminds me,  I said I would share the process of the swap figure I made for Ana. So here it is :

Here's the model I started with

I removed some bits

Added some

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Added several layers of white-ish paint

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

More paint

That was about it.  I had quite a lot of fun finding the reference pictures and resource information about the breed.  Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Wow, that's amazing transformation! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:11 am

Very interesting to see the whole process. Thanks a lot for showing and please keep expanding your talent. flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Wonderful to see these transformations cheers

Thankyou very much both of you flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   

Back to top Go down

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2