Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Time to turn in your idea for the SUY of October Very Happy

Share | 

Butterflies (Fascinations - Metal Earth)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Butterflies (Fascinations - Metal Earth)   Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:09 pm

This will be a thread for an overall review of the Butterflies set by Fascinations - Metal Earth, new for 2017. Metal earth has many metal model kits, and I normally do not like metal or metal kits, but since the models in this set are painted accurately (above and below), I decided to give them a try. There are eight figures in the set. At the time of this initial post, I only have two assembled (I will add them as I do them--might take time due to other commitments).

The set includes eight species, all North American, and at the time of this initial writing, one is a new species for me. I am having trouble manipulating the metal to get the pieces to fit into the near-microscopic holes, LOL, so I decided to build the bodies and wings separately, and then glue the wings to the body. Not ideal, but it suits my purposes.

I only have two assembled, and they have 100 mm wingspans, so assuming they are all the same size, will range from slightly under to slightly over 1:1 ratio.

On to the models, as I make them. Because they are smooth metal, I am finding them hard to photograph well, so I apologize for less than optimal images.

1. Red admiral, Vanessa atalanta.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. Red-spotted purple, Limenitis arthemis.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...more to come over upcoming weeks, or possibly months.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Butterflies (Fascinations - Metal Earth)   Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Nice figurines again :)

Butterflies (Fascinations - Metal Earth)
Page 1 of 1