Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) Empty
PostSubject: review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)   review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 8:47 pm

I recently realized Colorata's older beetle sets have not been reviewed. And I am off a couple days and have time to spare. So, here is Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles from the Real Figure Box set (original date of release unknown). While this is one of the earliest sets I acquired after discovering the Japanese manufacturers, I have to admit neither this set (nor the stag beetles, to be reviewed shortly) really 'grabbed' me. They are nice figures, but for some reason these earlier Colorata sets never excited me like others.

There are six figures in this set, and there is nothing you have not seen a dozen times already by either myself or Beetle Guy. Pretty standard fare for scaraebaeoid sets. Like older Colorata sets, the figures are made of a softer plastic. They are slightly larger than their contemporary gashapon figures by Kaiyodo and Furuta. There is minimal assembly (legs need to be attached). All figures come with a log of sorts, and there is a peg to securely (but not permanently) attach the figure to the log. Since these are among some of my earlier figures, they were displayed unprotected, hence you might see dust on some of them. Also like most Colorata sets, their is a neat booklet with lots of information on the species (in Japanese and English!)

This will be an abbreviated review, I am going to forgo my usual listing of other versions of these species, since they have all been done on numerous occasions.

On to the pics, in the order they are listed in the accompanying booklet.

1. Dynastes hercules.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. Dynastes neptunus.

3. Megasoma elephas.

4. Chalcosoma caucasus.

5. Eupatorus gracilicornis.

6. Allomyrina dichotoma.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) Empty
PostSubject: Re: review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)   review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Also a phantastic box :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)   review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 11:26 pm

So I love Colorata and from the Real Figure Box, I hope, when possible, to get the Penguins of the World set.
You're rigt, nothing really new here, at least in terms of species, but it is always very interesting to know what was done. These are missing on TAI, I will bookmark your review to remember using your pictures when I have the chance. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)   review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am

Very beautyful models Very Happy

I know you write that the date of release is unknown, but do you have an idea of the approximate time ? study

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)   review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 3:20 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Very beautyful models Very Happy

I know you write that the date of release is unknown, but do you have an idea of the approximate time ? study

Well, I bought them in 2009 (maybe early 2010), but have no idea how long they had been on the market when I bought them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)   review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box) Empty

Back to top Go down

review: Tropical Rain Forest: Rhinoceros Beetles (Colorata - Real Figure Box)
Page 1 of 1