Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2018 Schleich - Triceratops

Go down 
+7
Ana
A.R.Garcia
Bloodrayne
Roger
Kikimalou
widukind
costicuba
11 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

2018 Schleich - Triceratops Empty
PostSubject: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyTue 09 Jan 2018, 17:09

This new Schleich Triceratops for sure look`s interesting and different , compared to
the other Triceratops models, which we know.

The red details on the skin, makes it look unique
and in my point of view, it is a nice touch Very Happy

Now, again I`m not a Dino expert, but I think, that it is a very nice Triceratops.
It has a very natural walking pose, which I really like ..and also a very nice head.

The head I think is a bit big for this body ....or the body not massive enough..., but
there are other members, more well-informed than me and they will tell better Wink

Let`s see this guy :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now, I think, that the Schleich sculpting style of the texture is a bit too visible , which makes the style a bit `` overwhelmed ``
and `` redundant ``. But maybe it is not so scanty...
The same we can see on the Indian Rhino for example .

One special photo for TAI :

All in all, I like this model. And it is my first, big Triceratops model :)
That`s why I can`t compare it with other, but I choose this Schleich Pentaceratops , with a similar sculpting style :

Thank`s for watching sunny

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyTue 09 Jan 2018, 17:11

Nice dinosaur too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyTue 09 Jan 2018, 17:39

I like the walking pose of this one, by far the best Triceratops made by Schleich.

Thank you for the pics Kosta cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyTue 09 Jan 2018, 18:40

I also agree this is the best Schleich triceratops of ever but it is important to tell that previous ones were not a big deal. The pose is captivating, no doubts, it increases the rhino like look that is often associated to triceratops. However, I think the new Safari triceratops will get most of the atention of dino lovers. From some years ago, the texture turned in a important point of sales for a figure. The perception of what is detailed or not is now quite based on it among customers. Now scales are sculpted individually and deep, wrincles look like canyons and everything start getting exagerated. Try to compare last elephants with previous ones. Obviously those are tendencies and a point of balance will be found in the future.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyTue 09 Jan 2018, 19:23

It is true, too much details kill details.

About Safari Ltd, I'm still in love with the previous triceratops

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyTue 09 Jan 2018, 20:24

costicuba wrote:

...Now, I think, that the Schleich sculpting style of the texture is a bit too visible , which makes the style a bit `` overwhelmed ``
and `` redundant ``. ...

Kikimalou wrote:

Isn't it wonderful everybody has a different idea of what's beautiful?  sunny

The very visible style the artist used on this Triceratops to sculpt every individual scale is exactly why I like this Triceratops so much.
The smaller ones around the eyes, the bigger ones on the legs, fluent, so it doesn't interfere with the moving limbs.
I just can't stop looking.

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018, 07:25

Thanks Kosta, I was curious to see more of this one- I like it. It has a captivating (as Roger says) presence and sense of life that outweighs accuracy subtleties. Triceratops had a big head so I think the size is okay. Regarding texture, based on available evidence Triceratops was one of the more "textured" dinosaurs we know of, so this model can get away with it better than others. I don't like the beak/horn texture, though.

Kikimalou wrote:
About Safari Ltd, I'm still in love with the previous triceratops
I agree. Actually, in 2008 this was the first dinosaur/animal I bought in years (look where that figure has led me! What a Face ) The new one is at the very top of my list, though (and has a very reasonable price).

Counting the two less-acquirable PNSO models, this makes four nice Triceratopses in a short span of time.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018, 12:11

Thank you for sharing and congratulations! I think it's a very nice triceratops, I love the walking pose! cheers Texture is indeed overdone, but it's not a big issue for me.
I only dislike the colours, looks like meat and blood, sorry Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018, 13:49

I like this triceratops very much !!! It has this very natural way to move ! Very Happy
And your fine photos surely do it justice cheers

Ana wrote:
.....I only dislike the colours, looks like meat and blood, sorry Rolling Eyes

affraid pale Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018, 15:28

Thank you all, for your comments sunny

SUSANNE wrote:

Ana wrote:
.....I only dislike the colours, looks like meat and blood, sorry Rolling Eyes

affraid pale Laughing

Laughing lol! Laughing

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018, 20:31

Very nice Triceratops! Thank for sharing the photographs. He looks a lot better than I thought. I would still eventually like to see someone make a good 1:40 scale version. Most of the new ones are either too big or don't follow the skeletal material close enough, although this one certainly isn't bad.

Takama

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018, 21:38

Elephantine feet. URGH

But still the Best Trike that this company has made.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018, 22:37

Bloodrayne wrote:
costicuba wrote:

...Now, I think, that the Schleich sculpting style of the texture is a bit too visible , which makes the style a bit `` overwhelmed ``
and `` redundant ``. ...

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree with you. In this case I like all the little scales and small details. I might have to get this guy for my shelves.

Isn't it wonderful everybody has a different idea of what's beautiful?  sunny

The very visible style the artist used on this Triceratops to sculpt every individual scale is exactly why I like this Triceratops so much.
The smaller ones around the eyes, the bigger ones on the legs, fluent, so it doesn't interfere with the moving limbs.
I just can't stop looking.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Schleich - Triceratops   2018 Schleich - Triceratops Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 Schleich - Triceratops
Page 1 of 1