Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problemsunny Time to bring your SUGGESTION for the SUY of March sunny

Share | 

Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 pm

In march i had some old lead dogs, made in England as they say under their belly, sold to me as Britains, but i have my thought about that, and i am still researching about them.
(I know now, that they are made by Timpo Toys in their "My Pets" series)... Laughing
But here are the pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The whole lot.

5002 Timpo Toys My Pets German Shepherddog or Alsatian.

5006 Timpo Toys My Pets Pointer.

5004 Timpo Toys My Pets St.Bernhard.

5001 Timpo Toys My Pets Borzoi, which lost a part of his leg, because i tried to bend it the right way, so it needs some repairing.

But this one is made by Britains, post-war 1950's, a Giant Pandacub walking.

To see, that the exact same mould was still used in the 1970's for their hardplastic Brown Bear Cub.

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Very nice Willy!
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:27 am

Congratulations, Willy! The dogs are from the "MY PETS" series by TIMPO (the toys of our childhood!).

They are dolls house scale, and many were bought for dolls house use.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This pic is from a 1950's Timpo catalogue. We can send you a scan of this catalogue if you would like it.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks people!
Yes, i knew it since this morning Sue and Lesley.
Richard Lewis from The Toy Box informed me about them.
I knew i had this picture of the catalogue somewhere on my computer, but i couldn't find it yesterday, But now you mentioned it, i found it again, as i have a lot of catalogues scanned in my computer, but thanks anyway you both! :)

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:40 pm

I love the dogs! Congratulations Willy bounce cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Congratulations!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congratulations, Willy! The dogs are from the "MY PETS" series by TIMPO (the toys of our childhood!).

They are dolls house scale, and many were bought for dolls house use.

This pic is from a 1950's Timpo catalogue. We can send you a scan of this catalogue if you would like it.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Thank you so much Sue and Lesley for sharing the copy of the Timpos 1950s catalogue and information. I love learning about all these older figures and really appreciate sharing your knowledge / expertise. Do you also have some of the dog figures collected?

To Willy, do you collect every animal figure? Do you have other Timpos or maybe the dollhouse? scratch
I really don't know how you keep track of them all? :)
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks, Suebeedo!

Yes, we have some of the dogs, and we are always happy to scan catalogue pages for our friends on this forum!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 pm

They are wonderful figuers, Willy ! Congratulations flower

But if you go breaking their legs, you had better send them to me..I will look after them Rolling Eyes

I adore that Borzoi !!!! We almost never see figueres of the gazehounds, but I can see on the catalogue that there is a greyhound, too drunken

Yes, Sue and Lesley, - you two are a real asset to this forum flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks to you all people!
Yes Lesley and Sue, i do collect every animal model i can lay my hands on... Shocked
And i know each one that i have, and were i got it from most of the time... Rolling Eyes Laughing
But i dont have the doll-house, that is to far off for me, but i do have lots of plastic Timpo Toy animal-models indeed, these are my first lead models from this manufaturer. Very Happy
Yes Susanne, those gazehounds are rare in modelling, i think i have only one or two in my whole collection...
The Borzoi is in repair now, and it was stupid to try to bend the leg in the good position to fast indeed, because lead figurines break easily... Crying or Very sad
Anyway, it would be nice to find more of these series, as they are quit old, and pre-war. Cool
I paid only 8,50 euro for them together, including shipment... cheers king

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:05 pm

When were they produced?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Tue May 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Interesting that the giant panda became a small brown bear. I have to say, to me it looks more like a brown bear cub than a panda.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Tue May 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Interesting that the giant panda became a small brown bear. I have to say, to me it looks more like a brown bear cub than a panda.

Welcome here

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Tue May 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi, Rogerpgvg ! Wellcome here Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Tue May 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Welcome rogerpgvg. Indeed, Britains used the same molds for its Pandas and brown bears in the Holowcast lead period, they made a real differnt panda in their plastic period.

Holowcastlead family from 1939

Plastic Giant panda from 1961

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome messages. I've introduced myself here:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...   

Back to top Go down

Some old English lead dog and panda Figurines came in last month...
Page 1 of 1