Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019

Go down 
+11
lucky luke
SUSANNE
CWGross
shadoweon
javito
Megaptera
Roger
widukind
Gwaine
bmathison1972
aschuck
15 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Well, I saw some of you have started threads about Schleich and CollectA for 2019, so here is my contribution: a thread for Safari Ltd 2019. So, what are your wishes? I myself would personally like to see an Incredible Creatures Earthworm, or a Leatherback Sea Turtle. At this point, I have sent in many suggestions to the folks at Safari (These suggestions were sent via my sales rep, since I'm a retailer). Anyway, I can't remember all of my suggestions, so here's a few that I recently came up with:

Incredible Creatures: Earthworm, Leatherback Sea Turtle, Hummingbird, Soa-soa Lizard, Gecko (Any species), Fruit Bat.

Wildlife Wonders: Bactrian Camel, Arctic Wolf (Lying).

Safari Farm: New Dwarf Lop Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chicks, Rabbit Babies, Guinea Pig Babies, Swan Cygnets.

Wild Safari Prehistoric: Andrewsarchus, Arsinotherium, and MORE MAMMALS! Please!

Wings of the World: Hummingbird, Pigeon, Seagull, New Condor, Great Gray Owl, Northern Saw-whet Owl, Spotted Owl.

Wild Safari Sea Life: Finless Porpoise, Coral Reef Fish (Any sorts really), Electric Eel, Deep Sea Fish (any species), Finless Porpoise Calf, Dall's Porpoise, Bryde's Whale, Narwhal Calf, Narwhal.

And that's it for now. Well, let me know if you have any wishes, it's always nice to hear from all of you.

Anna

P.S. A Crocodile Life Cycle would be interesting too, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm

So, I never understood these 'wish lists'; I think most people are setting themselves up for disappointment, or come up with really odd selections that are likely to never get made. However, this is one of the more thoughtful wish lists I have seen, and includes animals within the realm of possibility for Safari (although Safari does appear to be getting more bold). Plus it mirrors some I imagine for the Incredible Creatures line.

Keeping with the theme of taxonomic diversity that Safari did this year with their I.C. line, here is what I would envision (not wish for, per se, but could see Safari making):

MAMMAL: naked mole rat/vampire bat (resting; not flying)/pygmy fairy armadillo
BIRD: hummingbird/small passerine of sorts
FISH: mudskipper/sarcastic fringehead [mouth open, of course]
AMPHIBIAN: Surinam toad/Japanese firebell toad/axolotl/olm
REPTILE: chuckwalla/gecko or sorts/colubrid snake of sorts
INVERT: mantis shrimp/crayfish/tardigrade/leech [an earthworm is more likely, but a leech would be more interesting--I fear an earthworm would be a re-release of the life cycle figure]
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:15 pm

This should go to the Safari LTD specific section tho. I am sure the mods can work their magic.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

A next good year like 2018 with any new species :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Gwaine wrote:
This should go to the Safari LTD specific section tho. I am sure the mods can work their magic.

Yes, some magic applied and done! Laughing

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Yes, some magic applied and done! Laughing

Yay for the mods!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:02 pm

I would like to see a Boto or another River Dolphin:)
Back to top Go down
javito

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 pm

I understand Safari is an American brand, so it tends to focus especially on North-American fauna. And as much as it has offered us incredible species such as this year's Black-tailed Jackrabbit or North-American Porcupine, I would also like to see more South-American animals in their future range of products, since I think it is the less represented continent.

As a collector of mainly mammals, I would like to see the following species:

- Spectacled Bear (so we can have all the bear species).
- Vicuña (so we can have all the camelids).
- Marsh Deer
- Pampas Deer
- Any of the two Pudu
- Any of the two Huemul
- Giant Otter
- Giant Armadillo
- Pink fairy Armadillo
- Paca
- Any Agouti species
- Vinegar Dog
- Short-eared Dog
- Culpeo Fox
- Southern Gray Fox
- Plains Viscacha
- Mountain Viscacha
- Patagonian Mara
- Andean Cat
- Jaguaroundi
- Margay
- Pampas Cat
- Any coati species
- Bald Uacari
- Saki
- Any Capuchin Monkey
- Emperor Tamarin

But anyway, I will be happy if they give us as many unusual and daring species as they have done this year!
Back to top Go down
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 pm

A canadian goose, a wildlife wonders arctic wolf, a female elk and calf, and a mule deer of some sort would be my main wishes from Safari for the coming year.

CWGross

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:30 am

It's hard for me to distinguish what I personally happen to want from what a commercially viable wish list would be :)

I think Safari should get around to making a mountain goat, bighorn sheep, and Canada goose. I'd like to see their go at a wood buffalo as well, and maybe a golden eagle. After that, it's just the prehistoric mammals I want, like a Columbian mammoth, stag moose, short-faced bear, and other kinds of giant sloths besides the standard Megatherium (i.e.: Jefferson's, Harlan's, and Shasta).
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 am

A lemur TOOB bounce Very Happy

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 9:06 pm

My big wish 1st: Dall Sheep Very Happy scratch drunken bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 10:58 pm

CWGross wrote:
It's hard for me to distinguish what I personally happen to want from what a commercially viable wish list would be :)

Oh, don't we all suffer from this limitation!

I only collect Safari's prehistoric line, and I'd like to see more prehistoric themed Toobs, perhaps a Devonian Toob, a Permian Toob, a prehistoric amphibians Toob?

For the full sized line, weird things like Paleozoic and Triassic synapsids, turtles like Calcarichelys, prehistoric fishes, pterosaurs, notosuchian crocodiles. But of course I'll still buy the dinosaurs, because they tend to be the best versions of their respective species around.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 8:53 am

halichoeres wrote:
..... I'd like to see more prehistoric themed Toobs, perhaps a Devonian Toob, a Permian Toob,.....

A great idea to make toobs with animals from different periods Applause
Sometimes I have tried to lear how old the different kinds are, but I find that it is almost impossible to remember ...the visual help from little models would be wonderful cheers

Only, - they need to double check with somebody who knows about it.
Not like the "Feathered dinosaurs" :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am almost sure that the apatosaurus and the chasmosaurus had no feathers at all scratch

halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Ha ha, I wonder if they included those because they worried that if all the dinosaurs were feathered they would look too much alike.

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: News from safari   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi guys,

Well, I just learned from my sales rep, that the product developers have a pretty good idea of what is in store for 2019. Unfortunately, we, as collectors, won't know what the products are until November of this year. But while we wait, we can still speculate about what's coming out. Also, if they (Safari), do come out with an Incredible Creatures earthworm, I do hope it's poseable. If it isn't, then I wouldn't buy this figure for my collection. Oh well, we'll just have to see. Hey, also I like the idea of a columbian mammoth. Although Safari did some really good renditions of prehistoric mammals this year, I would like to see more prehistoric mammals than dinosaurs in the coming years. By the way, have any of you seen the wild safari macrauchenia? In my opinion, it is really a great figure. Well, I have to go now, but I'll try and write you all later.

Anna

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: 2019 Safari Ltd Mythical Realms?   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 3:46 am

Hi Everybody,

Hey, have any of you got any ideas for the lines of dragons and/or mythical realms as far as Safari Ltd wishes for 2019? If so, then reply to this post. I've already suggested many of my ideas to my sales rep, and Right now, I'm compiling a list of your ideas, to present to him. So, if any of you have ideas for the dragons, or mythical realms, let me know.

Also, here are some ideas that I have come up with:

Mythical Realms: Dryad, Vampire.

Dragons: Iceberg Dragon.

Well, I'll be sure to include these ideas on my list.

Anna

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 3:14 am

Toobs:
- Evolution of man skulls
- Seals

WW:
- Dromedary camel

Dragons:
- Tusk dragon

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 3:59 am

I wish one camelid of south america : the Guanaco.

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 1:04 am

Mythology:

- Mummy
- Skeleton
- Grim Reaper
- Zombie Horse
- Vampire
- Gargoyle flying/attacking (not as stone statue)

World of Science:

- Horse Skeleton
- Dog Skeleton
- Whale Skeleton

aschuck

PostSubject: New Ideas for Dinosaurs (These are from my head)   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 am

Hi Everybody,

Well, I've done it! I've created a dimetrodon with wings, and another one with feathers. These ideas are recorded in my fictional creatures document, which I have yet to post here, but at least the ideas are written down. So, what do you guys think? Do you like some of the new ideas? I'm sure that if I had my own plastic figure making company, I would specialize in the ideas recorded in my document. Wouldn't that be great? unfortunately, that sort of dream probably won't happen for a while. But in the meantime, it would be nice if you could share your impressions of these ideas with me. As far as actually producing my ideas goes, I can't show you pictures yet. I will, however, try to describe the dimetrodon with wings:

He's just standing there, on all four feet, his eagle's wings folded along his sides. The ridge on his back sticks up a little above his wings.

I'm sure that if this figure were life size, it might be huge, but at this point it's hard to tell. Well, if any of you read this, and like these ideas, then write me. That's all for now

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 am

Please, can we see a picture ? It is kind of hard to imagine Laughing

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Safari Ltd Rumors for the coming years.   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 2:39 am

Dear Sts Friends,

Well, a while back, I heard from my sales rep that the developers at Safari have a general idea of what's coming for 2020, and 2021. Of course, we don't know this for sure, it's only something I heard. At any rate, I thought I should let you all know, just for your information. As for news from 2019, well, they (Safari), are working on the 2019 catalog. As with last year, I/we won't know anything until october at the earliest. In the meantime, I will keep you all informed.

Anna

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 3:32 pm

aschuck wrote:

Dear Sts Friends,

Well, a while back, I heard from my sales rep that the developers at Safari have a general idea of what's coming for 2020, and 2021.  Of course, we don't know this for sure, it's only something I heard.  At any rate, I thought I should let you all know, just for your information.  As for news from 2019, well, they (Safari), are working on the 2019 catalog.  As with last year, I/we won't know anything until october at the earliest.  In the meantime, I will keep you all informed.  

Anna

Thanks Anna, we will wait for your news and thanks for your commitment. Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Dall's Sheep
Mule Deer
Coati
Crab eating raccoon
Vicuna
Bush dog
Common Rhea
American crocodile
Grey fox
Margay
Tayra
White lipped peccary
Mountain Tapir
Marsh Deer
Pampas Deer

Shorthorn
Mammoth Jack donkey
Santa Gertrudis
Pony of America
Poland China pig
Spotted Draught
Angora Goat
Anglo Nubian goat

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019   Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd Wishes for 2019
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: