Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's 2018 Arrivals!

Go down 
+11
barracudacat
NightLioness
costicuba
Ana
widukind
SUSANNE
landrover
Liiolii
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Roger
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Roger's 2018 Arrivals! Empty
PostSubject: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

2017 was a really hard year for my personal life, I could keep collectin due to the good friends of this forum but it was so troubled that I haven't opened a topic to show my additions. They were not many but surely very good and I may show them in a different context.
The important is that 2018 is starting and I hope my life takes a better way as well as I wish the same to all of you.
So, I decided to open a 2018 topic and my first additions just arrived yesterday!
Easy to guess, it was Susanne, always very kind and supportive, she even sent back to me some figures I asked her to keep while I was trying to find a house to live with some stability.
Among them, four gifts that are very wanted recent releases!

Starting with Papo, the umissable Fennec, my collection of foxes couldn't survive without it.
I never got very impressed with it but having it in my hands it is a quite different story. I didn't liked the dropped back but, the pose is quite natural considering the way hindlegs are flexed, in contrast with the straight forelegs. The painting is also nice, they gave a good sand color and they haven't forgot to paint the tip of tail in a dark color as it is usual in this species.Eyes have pupils and the texture is very good, especially on tail.
Legs are softer than usual but it is what allowed the company to make the delicate legs these creatures have. On the other hand, ears are quite thick and hard. What I really dislike is the number 1705 printed on ventral side, it is excessively visible. :(By the way, figure is Made in PRC.

More pictures on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another unmissable figure is the Papo ocelot. The first of this species in my collection. We are always asking for new felines by Papo once they seem to make lots of tigers. The fact, is that they are not an old company and they already presented us several wild cat species and they still are the best in this matter even if a pontual species could be rivaled by another brand.
I find the figure very decent, it is naturally much smaller than a lion, the level of detail could not be compared but the sculpt is more than good. I think also that the painting is nice, considering it is a species with a complicated pattern and I doubt it could be mass produced with a more complex paintwork.
Contrarily to the Fennec, it has no number printed and it reads Made in China instead of Made in PRC. scratch  The reason why one is marked China and the other PRC, is Chinese to me. Rolling Eyes

Also two highlights of 2018 were included. The surprising release of a American porcupine by Safari. This is one of the most unpredictable species to be released. This animal is a nightmare to be sculpted as a toy. Safari was brave enough to release it and the result is quite nice in my opinion. My compliments to the company. cheers It is important to notice that the figure is quite sturdy and it was expectable to find a softer material to a sculpt of this kind.
0617 is also printed in this figure but it is very well hidden, not disturbing the appearance of the figure. A last note to the way legs are posed, a nice detail.

Finally, another fox, the new Schleich Arctic Fox. Schleich was not needing a new Arctic fox, they could have made a fennec, for instance. Though, as it represents an improvement to the previous figure, more detailed eyes, more convincent fur texture, I think it ended being a good decision and likely among the best Schleich for 2018.

More pictures on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Schleich 2018 Arctic Fox

Collecting was one of the best decisions of my life once it made me to know you , Susanne! I love you

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Nice, Roger! Man, I do love that North American porcupine :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:16 am

Beautiful additions, each one is a fantastic model.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Liiolii

Liiolii

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 am

Very nice newcomers, congrats! I wish you all the best for year 2018, Roger! As an occupational therapist I know that everyone should have a certain hobby or interest which gives you energy and joy when you have hard times. Collecting is one way to express yourself. It's not only purchasing new items to your collection but also interaction with other collectors, and ideally, even making new friends!

Roger wrote:

Legs are softer than usual

I noticed that, too! And the numbercode is too visible, indeed. Lovely little creature, however!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks Blaine, Paige and Katja! Katja, you are completely right, more than collecting as a kind of therapy, the support of the friends of this community is priceless and motivating. Very Happy
bmathison1972 wrote:
Nice, Roger! Man, I do love that North American porcupine :)

Just get it, Blaine! Nobody made it before, it is a great figure and an iconic mammal of North America. It is also not as big as some collectors may think. I am not also a collector of arthropods and you can see the amazing Papo scorpion in my collection. By the way, here is a quick comparison picture with these.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Very nice arrivals. Applause

Interesting Papo scorpion.

congrats.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 pm

I am so happy that others are as delighted by tha porcupine as I am cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 7:47 pm

The american porcupine is a absolutly must have. And the other animals are beautieful too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Many thanks Fernando, Susanne and Andreas! Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Beautiful newcomers! Congratulations! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 2:48 am

Roger, I also wish you this , 2018 to be a wonderful and very happy year for you ... not like the 2017 :)
And I`m sure, like the start of this wonderful topic, the start and the whole new year will be wonderful for you sunny
And big HURREYYY for our so generous danish Queen - Susanne cheers cheers cheers

``Collecting was one of the best decisions of my life once it made me to know you , Susanne! I love you ``
- I love that ! :)

Great newcommers, congratulations for all of them :)

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 am

Is is great to see new additions from you Roger!
Abselutely, the Papo Fennec fox had to be in your fox collection! Very Happy
Love how friends here help each other!
It is much bigger than giving information or links, friendships here save collections. <3

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 5:23 pm

These are wonderful new additions!  I had the same problem and couldn't get much during 2017 either. Here's hoping 2018 will continue to turn things around.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 1:21 am

Thanks, Anna, Kosta, Karin and Barracuda for your supportive words and for watching this topic. Very Happy

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Roger, I am really happy that this topic will be started again and I wish very much that we will see many of your newcomers here this year. I really have missed it! cheers sunny

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 pm

lovely new additions Roger!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 am

Thanks Yvette and Gerry! I hope to continue updating this topic. Surely not with lots of new additions but certainly with love and enthusiasm. flower

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 am

Dear Roger, it's great to see some additions from you again! And nice photographs as well Smile I'm glad you're able to get some of your storaged collection back. Much respect to the collectors who helped you out! cheers I really hope things will keep on going better for you. For now, it's great you got some additions. I really like your Papo fennec, I'm so happy that I own it as well. It's such a nice figurine, and Papo happily surprised us with a fennec and ocelot in the same year! Now lets see if the other brand will provide us with more fox species the upcoming years. I would most definitely don't mind!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 8:37 am

Oh my gosh, Roger! I'm so excited to see you have opened a new additions topic again! Very Happy

I am glad that everything has gotten better for you though and I can only hope it continues to get better. Glad to see other collectors are helping out with getting you all those lovely foxes as well! Very Happy (Which reminds me...I have a Takara TOMY Ania fox waiting for you.) Wink

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2018 Arrivals!   Roger's 2018 Arrivals! Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's 2018 Arrivals!
Page 1 of 1