Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Custom Trouble

Go down 
+2
A-J
Leo_Tho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leo_Tho

Leo_Tho

Country/State : UK

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 11:55 am

Hi! I'm Leo,

I have just started customising schleich models again. Does anyone know a way to make pastel transfer well on to a model? Right now I paint the model with a acrylic base but when I brush on soft pastels it does not transfer.

i'v read a bit but most people suggest produces that will make the model glossy which is a look i dont really like.
Any suggestions? confused
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 12:46 pm

An acrylic base sounds like a good start.
I use a workable fixative for inbetween the pastel layers and that works really good (and it's not glossy)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Have you primered the model first? You will want to spray the model with primer (or you can paint on thin layers of gesso) before adding paint Smile It's also important to note that it's going to take several layers of pastel in order to see any major difference. Seal each layer, let dry, then "paint" on another layer. Start light and gradually bring in darker colors. Adding too much of a darker color at one time will cause the paintjob to appear grainy. You will also get a grainy, muddled mess without sealing each layer in between. I would recommend waiting at least 30-45 minutes for the sealer to try before applying the next layer. Pastels take a lot of layers and tons of patience Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Welcome here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Leo_Tho

Leo_Tho

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 pm

Ahhh thank you for all the tips, I'll be sure to try them. Smile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 10:02 pm

Welcome here, Leo Very Happy

I am sure you can find good help here with so many great re-painters around Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 11:52 am

If you don't like glossy look, use a varnish with matt finish, you can add gloss on the eyes later if you like it Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Ana wrote:
If you don't like glossy look, use a varnish with matt finish, you can add gloss on the eyes later if you like it Smile

WOW ! That is a good idea ! I will steal it, if you don't mind Wink

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ana wrote:

WOW ! That is a good idea ! I will steal it, if you don't mind Wink

I feel a bit of irony in your comment, Susanne Laughing

Sorry if I didn't explain it more clearly. There are several kinds of varnish sprays, often the same company produces 3 versions like matt, glossy and satin. A nice example is Valejo, I use them most of the time. My favorite is satin but I recently started trying matt and it's good too, gives a very matt finish. For the gloss (for eyes) the simplest (and often cheapest) solution is transparent nail polish.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 3:03 pm

Thankyou, Anna Very Happy

Leo_Tho

Leo_Tho

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Thank you for all the tips, I'll post the finished result as soon as I finished (only have 1 more model to go) the tips have helped me out.
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 am

Leo_Tho wrote:
... 'll post the finished result as soon as I finished (only have 1 more model to go) the tips have helped me out.

I'm very curious what the results will look like bounce cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Sponsored content

Custom Trouble  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Trouble    Custom Trouble  Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Trouble
Page 1 of 1