Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  


Share | 
 

 Joy City Ltd.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3271

PostSubject: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 am

Joy City Ltd. is a Hong Kong located brand that produces die cast farm/car sets, but they produced some plastic animal figurine tubes as well. They were founded in 1997 and have produced tubes for the German supermarket chain Aldi (Nord).

This brand has been introduced to STS by Andreas earlier, but there wasn't much on TAi about it. So I took some time to figure out their series, especially their tubes. I wanted to share some of my findings and would like to ask your help to complete the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

These are the tube series that I was able to find:


  • 4300-01 Horses Tube
  • 4300-02 Desert Life Tube
  • 4300-03 Wildlife Tube
  • 4300-04 Farm Life Tube
  • 4300-05 Coral Reef Tube
  • 4300-06 Baby Sea Life Tube
  • 4300-07 Jurassic Age Tube
  • 4300-08 Pets Tube
  • 4300-09 Animal Farm Tube
  • 4300-10 Prehistoric Life Tube


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the Joy City Ltd. tubes really look like the Safari Ltd TOOBS. But they are not exactly the same! It surely isn't a coincidence that most of the Joy City Ltd. tubes have the same themes and species as the Safari Ltd ones, but the molds are definitely different. So they aren't exact copies. Some are painted differently and in some cases there are completely different species!

Here, some examples:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joy City Ltd. 4300-02 Desert Life Tube

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safari Ltd 682504 Desert TOOB

As you can see, all species are heavily inspired by the ones from the Safari Ltd TOOB, but the molds are slightly different.

Here another example:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joy City Ltd. 4300-05 Coral Reef Tube

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safari Ltd 699104 Coral Reef TOOB

Here 10 out of 12 figurines are pretty much the same, whilst Joy City Ltd. replaces Safari Ltd's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Some of the other figurines have a slightly different paint job, such as the shell.

It's hardly to be missed that the Joy City Ltd. tubes are heavily inspired on the Safari Ltd TOOBS. Some figurines are slightly different, but I can't find differences in the molds from a few figurines. But still, new figurines to be collected!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3271

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:08 pm

And now I need some help to complete the information on TAi! cheers

Andreas (and others with Joy City Ltd. in their collection), would you be so kind to add pictures of the figurines you own to TAi? Very Happy

And here for the matter of identification.

Joy City Ltd. 4300-05 Coral Reef Tube
Can someone help me identify these fish?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joy City Ltd. 4300-07 Jurassic Age Tube
I've identified these dinosaurs as following (from the top left to the bottom right):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stegosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Triceratops
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus (looking to the head it could be a Brachiosaurus as well, but the posture reminded me more of an Apatosaurus)
Gallimimus?
Parasaurolophus
Oviraptor
I DON'T KNOW THIS ONE!! Velociraptor? It sure doesn't look that friendly Laughing
Spinosaurus
Pteranodon

Please let me know your thoughts about the dinosaurs. And please help me out with the raptor-one!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3271

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:12 pm

Here are the only two Joy City Ltd. figurines I own:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joy City Ltd. 4300-02 Desert Life Tube Coyote

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joy City Ltd. 4300-06 Baby Sea Life Tube

Of course my main priority with Joy City Ltd. is to get the baby manatee from the 4300-06 Baby Sea Life Tube bounce Very Happy

Which Joy City Ltd. figurines do you have?? Please share your pictures, I'd love to see them!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
halichoeres

avatar

Country/State : Illinois, USA
Age : 36
Joined : 2015-03-31
Posts : 241

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 pm

The sauropod is an Argentinosaurus, the gray-and-black carnivore is Giganotosaurus, and the set includes both Gallimimus and Compsognathus. I'm not 100% sure which is which, but I think the one you guessed was Gallimimus is marked Compsognathus, and the one you've IDed as Oviraptor is marked Gallimimus.

The Prehistoric Life set:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The hominin is shown on their web site, but at least one collector I know didn't get one in his tube. The others are Indricotherium (=Paraceratherium), amphicyonid, Pterodactylus, Dolichorhynchops, Odontochelys, Mammuthus, Smilodon, Sarcosuchus, Doedicurus, Plesiosaurus, and a phorusrhacid.

Anyway, this set includes fewer obvious knockoffs than some of the others, and the only Odontochelys that I know of.
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 29223

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:01 pm

I will look Julie :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3271

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you so much for the information and identification! I'll make sure to change it in TAi Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I will look Julie :)

Thanks in advance, Andreas! cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 41
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Incredible! Where are those toobs available?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 66
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32417

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 pm

GREAT job you did !!! bounce cheers Applause Very Happy

Are they marked in any way ? Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 29223

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Incredible! Where are those toobs available?

In AldoNord shop i have seen. But only for a short time each year.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3271

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Are they marked in any way ? Very Happy

Yes they are, quite the same way as the Safari Ltd TOOB figurines. They're marked with their species' name and 'Joy City Ltd.'. Maybe 'China' as well, but I have to check that to be sure scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Incredible! Where are those toobs available?

In AldoNord shop i have seen. But only for a short time each year.

Aldi is a German supermarket, but they can be found in the Netherlands as well. But I have never seen these tubes in the Dutch Aldi shops, unfortunately!

Andreas, if you see them again, would you please share it with us? If so, I can visit a Dutch Aldi to see if they sell these tubes as well!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 29223

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Are they marked in any way ? Very Happy

Yes they are, quite the same way as the Safari Ltd TOOB figurines. They're marked with their species' name and 'Joy City Ltd.'. Maybe 'China' as well, but I have to check that to be sure scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Incredible! Where are those toobs available?

In AldoNord shop i have seen. But only for a short time each year.

Aldi is a German supermarket, but they can be found in the Netherlands as well. But I have never seen these tubes in the Dutch Aldi shops, unfortunately!

Andreas, if you see them again, would you please share it with us? If so, I can visit a Dutch Aldi to see if they sell these tubes as well!

I will do it :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3271

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Andreas, if you see them again, would you please share it with us? If so, I can visit a Dutch Aldi to see if they sell these tubes as well!

I will do it :)

Thank you most kindly! cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
QuollMate

avatar

Country/State : Colorado & Arizona
Age : 18
Joined : 2013-05-21
Posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And now I need some help to complete the information on TAi! cheers

Andreas (and others with Joy City Ltd. in their collection), would you be so kind to add pictures of the figurines you own to TAi? Very Happy

And here for the matter of identification.

Joy City Ltd. 4300-05 Coral Reef Tube
Can someone help me identify these fish?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joy City Ltd. 4300-07 Jurassic Age Tube
I've identified these dinosaurs as following (from the top left to the bottom right):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stegosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Triceratops
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus (looking to the head it could be a Brachiosaurus as well, but the posture reminded me more of an Apatosaurus)
Gallimimus?
Parasaurolophus
Oviraptor
I DON'T KNOW THIS ONE!! Velociraptor? It sure doesn't look that friendly Laughing
Spinosaurus
Pteranodon

Please let me know your thoughts about the dinosaurs. And please help me out with the raptor-one!


The two tropical fish are: bicolor angelfish and peppermint angelfish.

_________________
Follow me on Instagram:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Searchlist:

COG Ltd. Aysheaia

K&M Pacific Sea Nettle
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 29223

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And now I need some help to complete the information on TAi! cheers

Andreas (and others with Joy City Ltd. in their collection), would you be so kind to add pictures of the figurines you own to TAi? Very Happy

And here for the matter of identification.

Joy City Ltd. 4300-05 Coral Reef Tube
Can someone help me identify these fish?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joy City Ltd. 4300-07 Jurassic Age Tube
I've identified these dinosaurs as following (from the top left to the bottom right):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stegosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Triceratops
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus (looking to the head it could be a Brachiosaurus as well, but the posture reminded me more of an Apatosaurus)
Gallimimus?
Parasaurolophus
Oviraptor
I DON'T KNOW THIS ONE!! Velociraptor? It sure doesn't look that friendly Laughing
Spinosaurus
Pteranodon

Please let me know your thoughts about the dinosaurs. And please help me out with the raptor-one!


The two tropical fish are: bicolor angelfish and peppermint angelfish.

Inter3sting, i never have seen the peppermint angelfish before. Now i have to find this figure again :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd.   

Back to top Go down
 
Joy City Ltd.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Free City of Gierburg - Board & Scenery
» the mordheim city "BURN SMASHERS" wip orcs
» BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP
» Ostmark State Officials - the Mordheim City Watch
» Build Your City Contest - Voting

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: