Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Vote for the SUY of June ! Klick HERE sunny

Share | 

Paint comes off easily on 2016 African elephants from Schleich

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skidrow

Country/State : USA/CA

PostSubject: Paint comes off easily on 2016 African elephants from Schleich   Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:20 am

Hello everyone,

As some of you already may know, I am pretty new with Schleich. I started to buy some animals because of my son a few weeks ago. He loves them and I do love them too, but I have a little problem with the African elephants (2016 male and female) we bought.

I think these are the latest African elephants versions from Schleich, and we bought them less than two weeks ago. They are made in Tunisia. They are beautiful. Actually they are my son's favorites, but I've noticed that the paint comes off easily with little use. We don't even know how this happens and continue to happen. Ears, tails, but now one of them looks really bad with all the head with white spots. Is this normal for the paint to come off easily?

You can see in the pictures white spots on the front head, ears, tails, etc. Pictures can tell that it is not a big deal. At least not yet, but I took these pictures a few days ago. Now they have more, and it looks like it will continue to happen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paint comes off easily on 2016 African elephants from Schleich   Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Schleich used to be very careful with the quality control. To be fair, most collectors used with Schleich quality standards, complained often about the quality issues of other company figures. Since some years ago, Schleich learly lowered their quality to reduce the manufacturing expenses. It is bad, obviously, because figures were really good in terms of quality finish and we were used with it, though, their prices continue increasing and most of these figures now do not worth the money they ask anymore. Sad

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paint comes off easily on 2016 African elephants from Schleich   Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Roger is right ! With a few exceptions ( there were some yellow cows..) the quality used to be very good.

If you have the time and energy, I think you should tell them.
They need to know that people and their children are unhappy about it Shocked

You can find their mail address at the bottom of this page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  .

skidrow

Country/State : USA/CA

PostSubject: Re: Paint comes off easily on 2016 African elephants from Schleich   Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:06 am

Thank you both for your replies.

Wow! This is pretty new for me. It is a pity that Schleich's quality has been decreasing lately while the prices increasing. So this is common. Something definitely not good to know. It is a pity because their figures are great. My son likes them. He liked them since the first time he saw them. They are very realistic and safe for children as well, but it is not worth it if the paint comes off easily for the price we pay.

What brands have the best quality standards nowadays? I've seen some animals from another brand the other day. I think the brand was Safari ltd, but I didn't like them to be honest. Schleich seems way better. Maybe the ones I saw were not the best figures of the brand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If you have the time and energy, I think you should tell them.
They need to know that people and their children are unhappy about it Shocked

Suzanne, I will let them know.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint comes off easily on 2016 African elephants from Schleich   

Back to top Go down

Paint comes off easily on 2016 African elephants from Schleich
Page 1 of 1