Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Sean's collection displays updated!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Interesting dinosaurs in this cabinet.

Big cngratulations again. Applause Applause

The real run of dinosaurs will show up in the next batch of photos!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
sbell

PostSubject: Hemnes 2B   Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm

And now the bottom half of this cabinet!

Many dinosaurs...but not as many as there once were. And then some squishy backbone-less things!

These may be the most crowded shelves; there's always some kind of issue with making things fit well. So I'll revisit again someday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thanks!

It needs some reorganizing...the dinos are a little crowded!

It's one helpful thing about these photos--I can see what is working as a display, and what isn't! I've already shuffled around the non-dino reptiles shelf. Of course, when I finally get the CollectA Estemennosuchus, then the whole thing will have to be blown up again!

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Hemnes 3A   Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 am

And now! The last cabinet!

First, top of the cabinet...kind of a mix of things...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then the shelves (top of first half).

First one is all Starlux, plus a few other breakables and resins...

And then fish! So many fish! Mostly the various freshwater ones from various companies. I think a lot of my restructuring and even selling off had as much to do with giving these a better display!

More tomorrow-ish!

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 am

Phantastic!!

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 am

Again I have failed a couple of days, but such a joy to catch up cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Again I have failed a couple of days, but such a joy to catch up cheers

To be fair, I've kind of fallen off my rhythm anyway, so it should give you some time!

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Hemnes 3A   Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:50 pm

And the bottom half...it's a marine bonanza! All sharks, larger fish, and marine reptiles!

As a kid, I would never have believed there would be this many shark toys...I remember when such a thing was pretty much an impossibility.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Fantastic collection Very Happy Applause cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:56 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Hemnes 4A   Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 am

So, here I am on the last stretch...top of the last cabinet side!

More fish! Big ones this time! And the beginning of the mammal shelves...

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 am

Very impressive Shocked

So many teeth Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Hemnes 4B   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:16 am

Well, here it is--the last shelves in the room! There are other models, scattered about the house...and I will get to those eventually (which is why so pretty obvious models are missing from here...like the Leedsichthys and Ptilodus).

But this lot is entirely prehistoric mammals...and rays. So many rays!

Hope you enjoy the shelves...as they were a few weeks ago! There are always new things here and there to add!

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:05 am

Wow,  can you please share closer pics and the specie names of the monochrome rays please. And for the black ray with the yellow spots too? What brand are they?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 am

A wonderful journey round your shelves cheers
And not a speck of dust Shocked Laughing

Great to see several prehistoric Bullyland mammals Very Happy

Who could imagine that rays can have so many colours ? Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing with us , dear Sean flower

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:20 pm

You're all welcome, of course.

The black with yellow ray is from AAA. I have it as a Thornback skate, although it's tough to tell--it is a paint variation on their 'small stingray' although given the thorns and thick tail, it's not a stingray.

As for the other rays, they are stretchy models from Club Earth

They are a bat ray, mobula ray, torpedo ray, sawfish and dasyatid stingray. The two sets you see here are ones I picked up a few years ago in Florida (along with a Sun Wai stingray, and Se World Eagle ray and leopard shark...that I bought from the airport because I won't go to Sea World).

On the shelf is one other Torpedo ray, a pearlescent gold. That set I bought several years back (the sawfish since ripped though).

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Very impressive array of fishes! Seeing this makes me wonder why they're not a stronger mainstream focus, but there's plenty to collect anyway. Your golden torpedo ray looks stunning.

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm

You're all welcome, of course.

The black with yellow ray is from AAA. I have it as a Thornback skate, although it's tough to tell--it is a paint variation on their 'small stingray' although given the thorns and thick tail, it's not a stingray.

As for the other rays, they are stretchy models from Club Earth

They are a bat ray, mobula ray, torpedo ray, sawfish and dasyatid stingray. The two sets you see here are ones I picked up a few years ago in Florida (along with a Sun Wai stingray, and Se World Eagle ray and leopard shark...that I bought from the airport because I won't go to Sea World).

On the shelf is one other Torpedo ray, a pearlescent gold. That set I bought several years back (the sawfish since ripped though).

Thank you. The rays are interesting. You bought that AAA ray in that colour? I only know him brown. And what is the little shark in that pic?

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 pm

That's a Sea World-branded leopard shark (same with the spotted eagle ray). There's nothing clear on them about who made them.

And yes, that's the AAA ray in the colour I got it in. Not sure what the source was.

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:56 pm

That's a Sea World-branded leopard shark (same with the spotted eagle ray). There's nothing clear on them about who made them.

And yes, that's the AAA ray in the colour I got it in. Not sure what the source was.

Thanks again, than i will open my eyes for AAA colour variations :)

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:27 pm

It is almost shocking to watch your displays. Your collection is much more diversified and blue than I ever expected. Laughing
Really impressive, Sean, a joy to watch. Which one is the AAA ray you're talking about? I'd love to put it on TAI and preferrably, if Andreas also show a picture of his color variant. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 pm

It is almost shocking to watch your displays. Your collection is much more diversified and blue than I ever expected. Laughing
Really impressive, Sean, a joy to watch. Which one is the AAA ray you're talking about? I'd love to put it on TAI and preferrably, if Andreas also show a picture of his color variant. Very Happy

Thanks Roger.

Of course, some of these photos are now out of date...the collection continues to grow, just slowly.

As for the ray, it is the black one with the yellow spots. Most of us will be familiar with it as the classic dull brown one. I am guessing that this is a later run.

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:01 am

So, here I am on the last stretch...top of the last cabinet side!

More fish! Big ones this time! And the beginning of the mammal shelves...

Lovely Basilosaurus! I want it too:)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks Roger.

Of course, some of these photos are now out of date...the collection continues to grow, just slowly.

As for the ray, it is the black one with the yellow spots. Most of us will be familiar with it as the classic dull brown one. I am guessing that this is a later run.

Thanks Sean, is the other color variant [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It is identified on TAI as the small stingray, do you have the larger version too? Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Thanks Roger.

Thanks Sean, is the other color variant [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It is identified on TAI as the small stingray, do you have the larger version too? Very Happy

Yes, that's the one. I once had the big one, many years ago (and the small brown one) but I don't anymore. Just this spotted one now!

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks Roger.

What a interesting variation

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Thanks Roger.

What a interesting variation

It really is--I remember thinking that the colouring made it worth getting, since as a figure it's not great. For one thing, it's a skate, not a ray! Hard to nail down a species...I should go through my Rays of the World book to see if I can pick out one...I went with starry, but that doesn't feel right.

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:00 pm

What a lovely collection you have!!!

Papo: 46
Safari: 66
Mojo fun: 17
Playmobil: 93
Other: 195
~
schleich count: 903
~
Total: 1472

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks Roger.

Yes, that's the one. I once had the big one, many years ago (and the small brown one) but I don't anymore. Just this spotted one now!

Thanks Sean! Sorry for boring you with more questions. We have another pair on TAI, called devilfish, they seem to be the same figures we are talking about qalthough they do not look like devilfishes at all. Here is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - the latter identified as a winter skate that seems to be a better approach but not sure it is either. Could you confirm if these are the same we are talking? If they are, I will sort it better on TAI. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:50 am

Thanks Roger.

Thanks Sean! Sorry for boring you with more questions. We have another pair on TAI, called devilfish, they seem to be the same figures we are talking about qalthough they do not look like devilfishes at all. Here is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - the latter identified as a winter skate that seems to be a better approach but not sure it is either. Could you confirm if these are the same we are talking? If they are, I will sort it better on TAI. Very Happy

Hey Roger,

Yes, the ones I had were labelled as 'devil fish' as well. But this one has no markings other than 'China'. So it could be a repainted knockoff? Of a AAA figure? Outrageous!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks Roger.

Hey Roger,

Yes, the ones I had were labelled as 'devil fish' as well. But this one has no markings other than 'China'. So it could be a repainted knockoff? Of a AAA figure? Outrageous!

Laughing We never know if a non marked AAA is a knockoff or just a non marked AAA Very Happy Well, as there isn't such a thing as a double pair of AAA rays, I deleted the extra pair on TAI and preserved those called devilfish. I mmerged both small versions in the same page once they're the same and I am just identifying them generically as stingrays once they are not for sure devilfish and unlikely they're winter skates. The pointy snout of the figure looks much more like a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] than properly like a Winter skate. It looks like a Dasyatidae to me. scratch I don't know yet what to do with your figure but I will check if those on TAI are marked. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks Roger.

Hey Roger,

Laughing We never know if a non marked AAA is a knockoff  or just a non marked AAA Very Happy Well, as there isn't such a thing as a double pair of AAA rays, I deleted the extra pair on TAI and preserved those called devilfish. I mmerged both small versions in the same page once they're the same and I am just identifying them generically as stingrays once they are not for sure devilfish and unlikely they're winter skates. The pointy snout of the figure looks much more like a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] than properly like a Winter skate. It looks like a Dasyatidae to me. scratch I don't know yet what to do with your figure but I will check if those on TAI are marked. Very Happy

They can't be dasyatids (or any other Myliobatiformes). Their tail is not rod or whip like with a barb (admittedly, not normally included on toys!), there are distinct bumps/scutes on the dorsal surface, and two distinct dorsal fins on the end of the tail. This means it has to be a Rajiforme of some kind:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:52 pm

They can't be dasyatids (or any other Myliobatiformes). Their tail is not rod or whip like with a barb (admittedly, not normally included on toys!), there are distinct bumps/scutes on the dorsal surface, and two distinct dorsal fins on the end of the tail. This means it has to be a Rajiforme of some kind:

I did know you would be the perfect person to ask. Curiously the only catalogue of AAA we know, the Italian one, calls it a razza gigante, I believe that's the Italian name to giant skate (Dipturus gigas) - It is not easy to find pictures of it online, here is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - could it be a good guess?

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:09 am

I did know you would be the perfect person to ask. Curiously the only catalogue of AAA we know, the Italian one, calls it a razza gigante, I believe that's the Italian name to giant skate (Dipturus gigas) - It is not easy to find pictures of it online, here is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - could it be a good guess?

Given the long nose of Dipturus, I don't think that's it. From my Rays of the World volume (1000 pages of ray illustration! Whoo!), it is most like a rajid or, almost more likely, a bathyrajid. There are even some that have similar dark body-light spot patterns (not exact of course but similar). I don't think it's a winter skate.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   

Back to top Go down

Sean's collection displays updated!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2