Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Suggestions for the SUY of July, click HERE sunny

Share | 

Really, really good PV starfish copies, help.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Really, really good PV starfish copies, help.    Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:24 pm

So, I thought I was lucky to have found the complete PV starfish series in a Marktplaats lot. The starfish where between a lot of other animals and only parts or the front was showing of some of them. Not knowing these could be copies, I bought the lot and they got in today.
Yet, to my sadness they are copies, but so good that I could not believe they where copies. I asked Fallon on Instagram and with her help, showing her original PV starfish, I now know they are fake. The front look exactly like the original, yet, on the bottom, there is only China and a number and a little hole in the middle of the starfish. No PV mark, no species and no year.

But how are these so well made?! Is there a brand or a method to how they look so similar? Does anyone seen these? Know something about them? I am very confused and puzzled right now, please help XD

Photos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Really, really good PV starfish copies, help.    Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 am

Bump :)

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Really, really good PV starfish copies, help.    Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:35 am

Karin, I think you're lucky anyway. According to you, the quality is basically the same, so you are enjoying the same good pieces. I really didn't mind having non marked starfishes like these. If they are not PV marked, likely they were not marketed as Play Visions but... it is good to remember that PV hasn't manufactured their pieces, they were mostly manufactured by Chinese companies. There's the chance that the moulds were used by these manufacturers to provide figures to other brands what means that these could be the exact same figures but just not sold under Play Visions series. Maybe not knock-offs but also not PV. I love them and it is nicer when they're marked with species name, though, we all know what they intend to represent and how beautiful they are. Like a Star @ heaven

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Really, really good PV starfish copies, help.    Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:28 am

I have that copies too! I think same producer only other branding :)

PostSubject: Re: Really, really good PV starfish copies, help.    

Back to top Go down

Really, really good PV starfish copies, help.
Page 1 of 1