Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Goat or sheep - can you help?

Go down 
+6
signatus
Dum_my
SUSANNE
Roger
lucky luke
Fisva
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Goat or sheep - can you help? Empty
PostSubject: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello again my dear friends! It has been a long time since I've been here. I am glad to announce that it's a high time for me to revive Agataland and come back with many various ideas. I realised I don't want to leave sculpting at all, even though recently I feel like I've lost an interest and creativity. Nevertheless, I want to start everything all over again.
After a 3-year break I've made a decision to undertake an ambitious project - I wanted to sculpt Nilgiri tahr. However, my husband told me it looks more like a sheep rather than a goat Evil or Very Mad so now I'm completely stuck. Indeed, I took wrong measurements. Perhaps you could help me out? Do you have any ideas what species could I turn it into?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Fisva on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Hello Agata, happy to see you again and follow your plans. for the moment it looks more like a sheep ...

Very Happy cheers queenflower study scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 12:03 am

Hello Agata! flower I am so happy that you're back! Very Happy Very Happy
Your husband is right, your figure looks more like a sheep. I'd rather to see that species of tahr but maybe you could turn it into a Dall's sheep. Idea

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 8:24 am

WONDERFUL to see you back, dear friend cheers

And wonderful to see that you are still making your charming, lovely models bounce Very Happy

I agree with Roger, it could be a fantastic Dall's sheep Very Happy

PS : Searching for photos of Dall's sheep, half of them were dead because of ridiculous proud hunters. What is to be proud of ? They killed a beautyful, living , wild animal with modern technology, and I am sure they weren't even hungry Suspect Sad

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks guys! I'm happy to hear from you again! I've though about changing it into Dall's sheep already and I think I will stick to that idea Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

PS : Searching for photos of Dall's sheep, half of them were dead because of ridiculous proud hunters. What is to be proud of ? They killed a beautyful, living , wild animal with modern technology, and I am sure they weren't even hungry Suspect Sad

I know Susanne! I googled "Dall's sheep" and all the pictures were of dead animals Evil or Very Mad That species is so magnificent, I will never understand why people are so proud of killing them Sad

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:12 pm

that will be a wonderfull sheep :)

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 4:46 pm

I think looks like a nice and lovely sheep. Very Happy But with a little more fierceness and savagery you can turn it into a Dall´s sheep

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Thank you guys for such a nice response! I think I've managed to change the shape of the body, as well as the shape of the head. I'm still thinking about repositioning the front legs since I still struggle to get rid of the habit of making the side of the body too "flat". Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with the result, I thought I will have to make the sculpture from scratch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 9:04 pm

It looks a lot like a female Dall Sheep indeed!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Oooh!!!!! looks like it could be a Nilgiri or Arabian Tahr Smile Smile Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 6:23 pm

It is beauuutyful cheers I love you bounce Applause cheers

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Very nice SHEEP . Applause

Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 8:49 am

Nice model! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 11:47 pm

Good progress. I hope your project is still on. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Goat or sheep - can you help?   Goat or sheep - can you help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Goat or sheep - can you help?
Page 1 of 1