Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) Empty
PostSubject: Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)   Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Review of the complete set of hornets by BREAK Co., LTD. Year of release unknown (possibly 2017 or 2018?). I was unfamiliar with this company, let along set, until Beetle Guy on ATF alerted me to it. The company also seems to make sets of scarbaeoid beetles and (I think) freshwater crabs and crayfish, but in the latter two they are different colors of the same species).

The set comes with four figures, each representing a different species; three of the species are 'unique'/new to toy form (as far as I know)! All four figures are roughly 40 mm in length and comparable to the Kaiyodo Choco Q Animatales and Capsule Q Insect Pest Hygiene set figures. They are not quite as realistic as the Kaiyodo figures, but pretty darn close! It looks like there are two sculpts with two paint jobs each.

They are all single-piece plastic. They have a strap which attached by means of a screw on the underside. The screws come out easily, leaving a tiny non-obtrusive hole on the underside.

With these there are now five species in the genus Vespa (Funrise Toys made the common hornet, V. crabro).

The set (with an example of an accompanying card):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1. Giant Asian hornet, Vespa mandarina.
This is the only figure that has been made previously (to my knowledge). The others I have are by Kaiyodo (two aforementioned sets), Yujin, Subarudo, and Rement. I also have a larva by Shineg.

2. black-tailed hornet, Vespa ducalis
Similar to above but the tip of the abdomen is black.

3. yellow-legged hornet, Vespa velutina.

4. Japanese yellow hornet, Vespa simillima.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)   Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 12:25 am

It is absolutely interesting what you discovered for yourself :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)   Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm

A great,k wonderful find for your great, wonderful collection cheers

PS : Is it possible that you can tell me in a few words what the difference between a wasp and a hornet is ? study scratch

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)   Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 4:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

PS : Is it possible that you can tell me in a few words what the difference between a wasp and a hornet is ? study scratch

I hornet is just one king of wasp, like a rhinoceros beetle is a kind of scarab beetle. Typically hornets are in the genus Vespa and related.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)   Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 5:22 pm

I've never heard before about the company and I find these figures very interesting. In a quick search I haven't found anything about them, I'd surely love to know more about it. Thanks for showing. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)   Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 1:05 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I hornet is just one king of wasp, like a rhinoceros beetle is a kind of scarab beetle. Typically hornets are in the genus Vespa and related.

Thankyou very much flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)   Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD) Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Realistic Hornet Straps (BREAK Co., LTD)
Page 1 of 1