Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  


Share | 
 

 NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gast
Guest



PostSubject: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 am

Avaliable in May and June, I wanna get them at one!!!





Back to top Go down
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1418

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Very cool, thank you for the information, and especially the photos. I'm going to ask one of my friends to keep their eyes open to see when they are available, I like the markhor and water buffalo the best, but the cats/wolf set is really nice also.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Gast
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Could anyone tell me more about this creature? Is it cross-breeded ? I never seen this animal before.....

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:35 pm

monsterhouse wrote:
Could anyone tell me more about this creature? Is it cross-breeded ? I never seen this animal before.....
It's a Jacob sheep isn't it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gast
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:54 pm

@HKHollinstone wrote:
monsterhouse wrote:
Could anyone tell me more about this creature? Is it cross-breeded ? I never seen this animal before.....
It's a Jacob sheep isn't it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_(sheep)

Thanks fro telling, i learned something new today
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Great heads, if they would only produce bodies to go with them...

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 29224

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Great stuff!! Very Happy

Andreas
Back to top Go down
robertelephant



Joined : 2010-06-20
Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 am

sorry guys the sheep is a MANX LOUGHTAN , not sure if my spelling is coreect its a long tome since I looked after these way back in my zoo career, you were close with jacobs but they are spanish descent and white with large black or brown spots- but also 4 horned.
The Manx sheep come from Isle of Man , in Britain, and are descended from Viking sheep, their closest descendants are CASTLEMILK MOORIT sheep which look very similar but rarely attain such big horns.Both are very similar to wild european mouflon- all domestic sheeps descendants - in that the lambs are tiny, they have almost hairy type wool, cannot be herded by sheepdogs [they scatter] and are very very wild in temperment- dificult to catch or handle.
Both breeds are- at least were when I looked after them in the 80's- considered endangered by the rare breeds survial trust, the Scottish Castlemilks especially so.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23412

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:25 am

eThanks Robert, this guys are incredibly strange, while searching I saw the name and is almost the same (manx loaghtan)! It's new for me! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 48
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5427

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:52 am

The details is really fine!! Just look at the lion & tiger. How I wish they can also made to papo sizes? Laughing Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
sorry guys the sheep is a MANX LOUGHTAN , not sure if my spelling is coreect its a long tome since I looked after these way back in my zoo career, you were close with jacobs but they are spanish descent and white with large black or brown spots- but also 4 horned.
The Manx sheep come from Isle of Man , in Britain, and are descended from Viking sheep, their closest descendants are CASTLEMILK MOORIT sheep which look very similar but rarely attain such big horns.Both are very similar to wild european mouflon- all domestic sheeps descendants - in that the lambs are tiny, they have almost hairy type wool, cannot be herded by sheepdogs [they scatter] and are very very wild in temperment- dificult to catch or handle.
Both breeds are- at least were when I looked after them in the 80's- considered endangered by the rare breeds survial trust, the Scottish Castlemilks especially so.
Thanks for correcting me Robert, I wasn't sure - they do look very similar. Very interesting read :)

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
robertelephant



Joined : 2010-06-20
Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 am

Hey Harriet I lived in your part of the world not too long ago and I could see the Isle of Man on a clear day!
when you get this model it'll be special for your collection as Cumbrians always felt an affinity for the Manx! Un fortunatley as far as I know no ones made a herdwicke sheep yet, surprising as everyone says they are "sooo cute!"
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hey Harriet I lived in your part of the world not too long ago and I could see the Isle of Man on a clear day!
when you get this model it'll be special for your collection as Cumbrians always felt an affinity for the Manx! Un fortunatley as far as I know no ones made a herdwicke sheep yet, surprising as everyone says they are "sooo cute!"
Thanks Robert - I'm not actually a Cumbrian but I have lived up here for the most part of my life, 11 years. I'm not a sheep expert but I think the breeds that I see around the farm and on the fells are the Scottish Black Face and Swaledale sheep.
So you must have lived in Whitehaven area?

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 56
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 am

Great stuff MH!
Thanks for showing us here! Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 38
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1442

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 am

I wish they would make the entire animal rather than just the heads then I would buy all of them. Those antelope heads they did were phenomenal but such a shame they just made the head.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15094

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:39 am

Schleichzoo wrote:
I wish they would make the entire animal rather than just the heads then I would buy all of them. Those antelope heads they did were phenomenal but such a shame they just made the head.

Absolutely agree with you What a Face

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 56
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Me to, is is much better to have the whole animal, instead of just a part... Shocked

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 38
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1442

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Me to, is is much better to have the whole animal, instead of just a part... Shocked

Yes Willy bu tI would prefer just a part if I am having roast dinner......lol I couldnt do with the whole animal.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 56
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   Fri May 06, 2011 7:19 am

You could be very hungry one day Numaan?!?! Rolling Eyes

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   

Back to top Go down
 
NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» First Sculpt: Head Hunter
» Huge Earthquake hits Japan, generates tsunamis
» Comics which just make you hang your head in shame
» Clutch head screwdrivers?
» Head Gasket Issues RR, RRC, D1 & D2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Takara Tomy-
Jump to: