Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)

Go down 
+4
Bowhead Whale
stargatedalek
halichoeres
SUSANNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) Empty
PostSubject: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Several years ago I planted some wild crocus. Now they turn up strange places, and the bumble bees love them Very Happy

And it is time for the suggestions for the new SUY of May  sunny
Sorry it is a bit late, but we still have plenty of time Wink

Please remember that each of us can only make one suggestion each month . Very Happy

And a little thing I would like to ask : Please make it clear if you write one of the already suggested topics in order to support it.
For instance, if somebody has suggested "Green Animals", and you just write "Green Animals" , I may be so sleepy/senile, that I think it is your suggestion, and write it two times  geek  Laughing
Instead write "I like Green Animals" or  "I support Green Animals" or such  drunken

Have fun cheers

1) Butterflies and Moths

2) Fresh water fish

3) Mustangs

4) Animals in an attack/defense position....

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Animals hatching or being born

stargatedalek

stargatedalek

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:05 pm

Perhaps more general than that, figures that are recognizable as juvenile animals.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Hali, - is this what you mean ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
We could perhaps chnge the name to "hatching & being borne" Very Happy

Stargate , - juvenile could be a huge topic. Just think of all the foals . What about new borne babies ? Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Butterflies and Moths.
Back to top Go down
stargatedalek

stargatedalek

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 10:48 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Hali, - is this what you mean ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
We could perhaps chnge the name to "hatching & being borne" Very Happy

Stargate , - juvenile could be a huge topic. Just think of all the foals . What about new borne babies ? Very Happy
Foals are likely common enough they could receive their own grouping entirely. The same could likely be said of baby wolves and elephants.

Unfortunately new-borne becomes incredibly subjective outside of mammals. A lot of reptiles and fish for example can only be identified as "not an adult", despite being anywhere from practically newly hatched to near sexual maturity, and some can only be identified as juveniles at all because of their context (IE part of a life cycle series, or being in a specific scale).

Perhaps splitting by mammal vs not-mammal, domestic vs wild, or by size (larger or smaller than a human), could alleviate the overcrowding?

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Some Juveniles have another colouration than their adult parents. Some examples are the Yellow Boxfish, the Sharkray or all Tapir species.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 pm

I wasn't aware of that topic! I was actually thinking of, for example, ichthyosaur figures that show them giving live birth. I imagine there aren't very many other animals represented giving live birth, so I figured I would add hatching things for more variety. Perhaps it is better instead to add the live-birth figures to the existing hatching SUY.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am

Freshwater fishes :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 pm

stargatedalek wrote:

Perhaps splitting by mammal vs not-mammal, domestic vs wild, or by size (larger or smaller than a human), could alleviate the overcrowding?

Great idea ! Which one do you suggest ? bounce Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 5:40 pm

halichoeres wrote:
I wasn't aware of that topic! I was actually thinking of, for example, ichthyosaur figures that show them giving live birth. I imagine there aren't very many other animals represented giving live birth, so I figured I would add hatching things for more variety. Perhaps it is better instead to add the live-birth figures to the existing hatching SUY.

Yes !!! cheers I was also thinking of the ichthyosaur Very Happy
I am very busy this wekend, - will do it Tuesday.
Should I forget, please remind me drunken

stargatedalek

stargatedalek

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 8:30 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
stargatedalek wrote:

I would go with mammals vs non-mammals, since that's doesn't leave any room for confusion like the others do (IE, what about animals that are not domestic but still common as pets?).

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Mustangs Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 9:55 pm

stargatedalek wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
stargatedalek wrote:

I would go with mammals vs non-mammals, since that's doesn't leave any room for confusion like the others do (IE, what about animals that are not domestic but still common as pets?).

Hmmm, - isn't "Mammals" much too large ? scratch Rolling Eyes
Should we go for non-mammal juveniles first perhaps ? Then we can split up the rest later Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 12:35 am

I think frogs would be a great idea... :)
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 1:46 am

Animals in an attack/defense position

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm

TheAnimalStudyGuy wrote:
I think frogs would be a great idea... :)

Yes, it is a good idea, - and we have it already for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)   Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Your suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of May 2018 :-)
Page 1 of 1