Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems

Go down 
+2
widukind
diegomouracampos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

Country/State : Brazil/São Paulo

Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems Empty
PostSubject: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:44 am

Hey!

I'm a brazilian biologist and I collect brazilian faunal figures! Recently I got new ones, so I decided to take some pics dividing them according to Brazilian ecoregions. If you know any other brazilian animal that is not here, please let me know! They're hard to find because no brand sells them here (weird, isn't it?). Hope y'all enjoy and learn a little bit

Brazilian savannah, the Cerrado:

(Toco toucan, golden-blue macaw, maned wolf and the giant anteater

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Amazon jungle part 1.:

Brazilian tapyr and its calf, Alligator and its calf (I know it's the american alligator, I'm gonna re-paint it to become the brazilian one) and a red macaw

Amazon jungle part 2:

Howler monkey, black jaguar, manatee and the harpy eagle

Brazilian wetlands, the pantanal:

Green anaconda, blue macaw, jaguar, capybara and its cubs and a roseata spoonbill

Brazilian pseudo-desert, the Caatinga:

Puma, Rattlesnake and the tamandua small anteater

Atlantic Rainforest:

Green beak toucan, three toed sloth, ocelot, boa and a tree frog

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:36 am

Welcome here :) very nice collection and a phantastic presentation. It could be a suggestion for a SUY :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 10:46 am

This information is one treasure. study study study

Very interesting.

great photos, congratulations. flower

halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:45 pm

What a great way to organize a collection. Nice photos. For such a biodiverse country, it seems not very many animals from there get made into figures. Are you aware of the Kabaya Amazon series? Only part of it is listed on TAI (http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Kabaya) but there are some cool figures. I suppose the Safari Incredible Creatures squirrel monkey is a bit large to fit in with your other animals.

diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 pm

widukind wrote:
Welcome here :)  very nice collection and a phantastic presentation. It could be a suggestion for a SUY :)

Thank you! What's an SUY?
Back to top Go down
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:13 pm

halichoeres wrote:
What a great way to organize a collection. Nice photos. For such a biodiverse country, it seems not very many animals from there get made into figures. Are you aware of the Kabaya Amazon series? Only part of it is listed on TAI (http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Kabaya) but there are some cool figures. I suppose the Safari Incredible Creatures squirrel monkey is a bit large to fit in with your other animals.

I know, right? I'm still dying for a giant river otter and a rhea, no company seems to enjoy it! Sad(

I'm def gonna check TAI! the ones from wikipedia I already have from other collections, do you remember any other animal I might find about it?
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 4:39 pm

widukind wrote:
Welcome here :)  very nice collection and a phantastic presentation. It could be a suggestion for a SUY :)
Very Happy cheers Applause
Congratulations nice presentation!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 am

diegomouracampos wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thank you! What's an SUY?

look here Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 am

diegomouracampos wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

I know, right? I'm still dying for a giant river otter and a rhea, no company seems to enjoy it! Sad(

I'm def gonna check TAI! the ones from wikipedia I already have from other collections, do you remember any other animal I might find about it?

I wrote for other animals in your other post :)

A rhea is made by the vintage brand from France, Starlux. And there is a very cheap figurine in a no name set with South American animals. But very small

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 5:00 am

Very nice figures. But I always thought that Rattlesnakes only live in North America.
Back to top Go down
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 8:35 am

widukind wrote:
diegomouracampos wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

A rhea is made by the vintage brand from France, Starlux. And there is a very cheap figurine in a no name set with South American animals. But very small

I've just checked the other animals! Nice!

Do you know how big is that Rhea from Starlux? It looks kinda small. So many Emus and Ostriches, only two rare Rheas Sad haha

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 8:37 am

diegomouracampos wrote:
widukind wrote:
diegomouracampos wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

Do you know how big is that Rhea from Starlux? It looks kinda small. So many Emus and Ostriches, only two rare Rheas Sad haha

Yes, Starlux is smaller than Schleich or the other Major brands.

Back to top Go down
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 8:41 am

Megaptera wrote:
Very nice figures. But I always thought that Rattlesnakes only live in North America.

Noo! They rank second on number of snake accidents here in Brazil, the first one is for the lancehead vipers. We even own a massive production of specific rattlesnake anti-venom serum.
Back to top Go down
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 8:43 am

widukind wrote:
diegomouracampos wrote:
widukind wrote:
diegomouracampos wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

Yes, Starlux is smaller than Schleich or the other Major brands.

I'm honestly considering finding a not very detailed and not so big Ostrich and repainting it as a Rhea lol Emu has a different neck position, but an Ostrich with not much of a detailed can be made into a Rhea
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 10:31 am

good luck

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 am

Ok:) very interesting. So, I've learned a new fact:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems   Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems Empty

Back to top Go down

Brazilian animals sorted by ecosystems
Page 1 of 1