Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Debate: Papo vs. Schleich

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Papo vs. Schleich   Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Interesting topic! I think that each company has it's own strengths and weaknesses like most people here.

Dogs: This definitely goes to Papo for their unusual breed selection and level of detail. Schleich's dogs used to be just as good, but unfortunately the new ones can't compete. Even if I didn't mind the smaller scale, they still lack musculature and realism.

Big Cats: This goes to Papo as well. For some reason, this company seems to excel in some areas much more than others and their big cats are pretty much the best on the market, especially their tigers.

Domestic Cats: Schleich still has some of the best domestic kitties, and if you've seen their recent grey and black ones, they seem to be getting much better at them each year. Let's hope they keep the scale the same and don't make small ones.

Horses: Schleich has traditionally had some of the best horses on the market. That being said, I've noticed the quality has recently started to slip, but I still think they're better than Papo horses in general.

Dinosaurs: Tie. Papo dinosaurs are amazingly detailed while Schleich dinosaurs have very unique colors and style. Neither one are my thing (I personally prefer Battat/Terra and CollectA) but I can understand why both lines are quite popular amongst collectors.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Papo vs. Schleich   Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:38 pm

I am giving my two cents as well.

I am primarily a collector of Schleich, because it is the only brand commonly available in The Netherlands.
I also find the Schleich horses [of which I evidently have the most] more appealing than Papo's. While Papo's horses are very nice, Schleich has always been more natural to me. Papo is to me, even compared to the new schleich horses, more toyish.
Papo, how ever, is very good with dinosaurs and dogs and I am starting to gather some more papo dogs lately.

Schleich still has my top spot, even though I find CollectA and Safari more and more aesthetically appealing in their wild life and CollectA and Breyer with their horses. I have my breyer and CollectA for these reasons.
My Schleich collection, how ever is not just there to be pretty. I make stories and build a whole world around then in which I like to lose myself when times get hard at home.

Papo: 12
Safari: 13
Mojo fun: 4
Playmobil: 49
Other: 11
~
schleich count: 469
~
Total: 586

Colelction Archiving Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com

Debate: Papo vs. Schleich
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8