Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! Empty
PostSubject: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptySun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm

I found these toobs (together with several other toobs) in a store in Leeuwarden.
Of course I could not resist to take a few (five in total XD)

These are new toobs from Wild Republic and are for sale in their web-shop: HERE.

First up is the dolphin and whale toob:

Thoughts:
The dolphins and whales are a bit cartoony in my opinion. They are made out of a somewhat flexible plastic, a bit rubbery feeling.
Yet they are sturdy enough to 'stand' on their flippers/fins. The species described on the website are:
Beluga whale, blue whale, sperm whale, orca, narwhal, humpback whale, spotted dolphin, common dolphin, Atlantic dolphin, dusky dolphin, and bottlenose dolphin.
The beluga whale, blue whale, sperm whale, orca, narwhal, humpback whale and bottlenose dolphin are really recognizable.
The dusky, common and Atlantic dolphins can be seen in the remaining three dolphins left. Although, imho, those markings could have been stronger to make them more recognizable.
And a spotted dolphin?? There are two bottlenose dolphins, but no spotted dolphin. The difference between the two species is the spots, which neither of those two has.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next one is the pets:

Thoughts:
These are great for every pet lover! XD
Not only the common species kept as pets such as the dog and cat are in this toob, but also the more unusual ones, like a snake, iguana and a hermit crab.
They are not all the same style, as the dog really reminds me of a PV, while the guinea pig and the hamster are bigger and more cartoony.
It is 50/50 for me, I like some but not all. Favorites are the dog, iguana and the ferret.

Last one is the African Family toob:

Thoughts:
I really like this toob! It contains four families: elephants, cheetahs, giraffes and lions.
Male, female and a young. Although gender is not shown in the elephants, cheetahs and giraffes Wink
The you are so cute and I can already imagine so many photo options with these. <3

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptySun May 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Karin, thanks for showing these new WR tubes! Wild Republic surprised us with them, especially the whales and dolphins showing a good range of species. Though, they don't see as nice as they used to be 20 years ago. They show, however, some concern with diversity and some interest considering the species. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyMon May 28, 2018 9:14 am

Roger wrote:
Karin, thanks for showing these new WR tubes! Wild Republic surprised us with them, especially the whales and dolphins showing a good range of species. Though, they don't see as nice as they used to be 20 years ago. They show, however, some concern with diversity and some interest considering the species. Very Happy

Yes, the specie range is great but they looks like very cheap made in China figurines. I have they too and especially the beluga and the narwhale are not nice.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyMon May 28, 2018 10:32 am

Wonderful surprise cheers

I agree with Roger, - it is great to see several species of dolphins !!! Very Happy

The pets tube is nice also, - but who keeps hermit crabs as pets ? Shocked

I love the families cheers

Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyWed May 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Looks like the 'Atlantic dolphin' is supposed to be an Atlantic white-sided dolphin :) which would make it the first figure ever made of that species.

Do they still sell this toob in the shop you got them from? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyWed May 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Balaenoptera wrote:
Looks like the 'Atlantic dolphin' is supposed to be an Atlantic white-sided dolphin :) which would make it the first figure ever made of that species.

Kaiyodo and Colorata both made Atlantic white sided dolphins :)

Ze hadden er best wat, alleen niet goed gekeken of ze dubbele hadden. Heb geen idee XD

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyThu May 31, 2018 8:25 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Balaenoptera wrote:

Karin, aren't these Pacific white-sided dolphins instead? scratch

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyThu May 31, 2018 8:39 pm

Roger wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
Balaenoptera wrote:

Oh yes, that is true indeed Roger!
Thank you for clarifying that Very Happy
Cetaceans always gets me confused when it comes to their locations Laughing
Same with orcas!!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 12:32 am

NightLioness wrote:
Roger wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
Balaenoptera wrote:

Same with orcas!!

Laughing! To be fair, oceans have no real borders, everything seems pacific there. But, Japanese toys naturally favour Pacific creatures. Talking about Japan, even the Pearl Harbour attack was a Pacific thing. bom Laughing

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Roger wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
Roger wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
Balaenoptera wrote:

Same with orcas!!

Laughing! To be fair, oceans have no real borders, everything seems pacific there. But, Japanese toys naturally favour Pacific creatures. Talking about Japan, even the Pearl Harbour attack was a Pacific thing. bom Laughing

That is true! XD

PostSubject: Re: New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!   New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets! Empty

Back to top Go down

New toobs: whales and dolphins, African Family and Pets!
Page 1 of 1