Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review

Go down 
+4
widukind
landrover
Gwaine
Wildheart
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  Empty
PostSubject: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyMon May 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello everyone!

I have purchased the Papo fennec (desert fox) today and I have to say I love this small toy!
The details are wonderful for the price (€4.7), except for its face.
I did not like the paint job around the snout, the eyes and the ears, so I had to repaint those areas!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I find it far superior to the Safari ltd. and CollectA counterparts. If you haven’t yet decided which one to purchase, I would say this one is the better option!

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyMon May 28, 2018 5:41 pm

What a wonderful repaint! It turned out amazing ^^

I'd have to disagree on the supriority over the CollectA model, but I am biased towards CollectA xP

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyMon May 28, 2018 7:01 pm

it's a change that improves the appearance Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyMon May 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Beautieful repain Mihnea. It looks that your are interested in this hobby again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyMon May 28, 2018 8:47 pm

widukind wrote:
Beautieful repain Mihnea. It looks that your are interested in this hobby again :)

I have made some more purchases recently, I never actually quit! Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyMon May 28, 2018 10:02 pm

HI, dear Mihnea  affraid
How great to see you here again !!! cheers
And from your avatar it seems that you are now a grown up man  Very Happy  Applause

NOW it is a truely wonderful little desert fox cheers

Thankyou for showing us flower

Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyMon May 28, 2018 11:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
HI, dear Mihnea  affraid
How great to see you here again !!! cheers
And from your avatar it seems that you are now a grown up man  Very Happy  Applause

NOW it is a truely wonderful little desert fox cheers

Thankyou for showing us flower

Glad to be back! Very Happy will post some updates on the collection very soon!

Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi Mihnea,

Did you remove any original paint? If you did, what solution you used?
Thank you.

Seeway
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 9:33 pm

Seeway wrote:
Hi Mihnea,

Thank you.

Seeway

I simply painted a thin layer over the original

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 11:46 pm

Great work Mihnea and glad of seeing you posting again! Very Happy
Our friend and talented sculptor Doug Watson will surely excuse me but his fennec is not also my favorite and Safari's seems a little behind, though, there are some points on CollectA figure that I find somewhat nicer than Papo's. Papo's delicate legs, overall design and realistic texture are surely very good points favouring this figure but CollectA's is also very good and especially appealing. Curiously, Schleich, the Queen of cuteness, never made a fennec.

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyWed May 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Wildheart wrote:
Seeway wrote:
Hi Mihnea,

Thank you.

Seeway

I simply painted a thin layer over the original

Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Roger wrote:
Our friend and talented sculptor Doug Watson will surely excuse me but his fennec is not also my favorite and Safari's seems a little behind, though, there are some points on CollectA figure that I find somewhat nicer than Papo's. Papo's delicate legs, overall design and realistic texture are surely very good points favouring this figure but CollectA's is also very good and especially appealing. Curiously, Schleich, the Queen of cuteness, never made a fennec.

I love the Papo Fennec Fox. But I agree with Roger that the CollectA one is also excellent. I'm not sure which one I'd choose if limited to just one...probably Papo. (I should confess though that I'm often a bit hypercritical of CollectA, whereas my bias tends to make me assume Papo can do no wrong. I'm also usually a fan of Safari, but did not end up getting their fennec fox -- it really didn't "grab" me.)

It is odd that Schleich never made a Fennec!

Sorry to peak my head in and then disappear. I hope you are all doing well!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 7:30 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Roger wrote:

I love the Papo Fennec Fox. But I agree with Roger that the CollectA one is also excellent. I'm not sure which one I'd choose if limited to just one...probably Papo. (I should confess though that I'm often a bit hypercritical of CollectA, whereas my bias tends to make me assume Papo can do no wrong. I'm also usually a fan of Safari, but did not end up getting their fennec fox -- it really didn't "grab" me.)

It is odd that Schleich never made a Fennec!

Sorry to peak my head in and then disappear. I hope you are all doing well!

Nice to ear of you Scott! Very Happy I also hope you're doing well. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review    Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review  Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo fennec / desert fox repaint and review
Page 1 of 1