Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests?   Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests? EmptyWed May 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi STS, I know I’ve been pretty inactive as the years have gone by, but I’ve picked up some minor collecting in the last year or so. Outside of fish and birds, I’ve had an interest in prehistoric animals. I have started a diorama that represents the Ordovician – Permian oceans, and a separate Ediacaran/Cambrian diorama. I know STS has a yearly banner contest, a figure of the year contest, custom animal swap, and SUY once a month. Has anyone considered photography and diorama contests? I know DTF and ATF do similar contests with photography and dioramas. I think it would be a pretty fun and inclusive idea! Feel free to comment your opinions and suggestions.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests?   Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi, Emma ! Good to see you ! Very Happy
Great to see you are so active with your collection cheers

In your list we must also add "Model(s)-of-the-year" Wink

Such a contest sounds like fun,  both to see, and for those who have a diorrama .
The question is , if we can find somebody to manage it ?
What about yourself ?

If nobody wants to manage suchg a project , perhaps easier is to make a topic about dioramas, - or to suggest it as a SUY ?

What do others think ?

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests?   Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 2:31 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Hi, Emma ! Good to see you ! Very Happy
Great to see you are so active with your collection cheers

In your list we must also add "Model(s)-of-the-year" Wink

Such a contest sounds like fun,  both to see, and for those who have a diorrama .
The question is , if we can find somebody to manage it ?
What about yourself ?

If nobody wants to manage suchg a project , perhaps easier is to make a topic about dioramas, - or to suggest it as a SUY ?

What do others think ?

Hi Susanne and Emma

SUY sounds a good idea as a platform for a competition.

However, how to we arrive at a winner?

These sorts of contests are harder than organising a football tournament as the overall winner is the team that reaches the final and beats the opposition

Finding a winner for Best Diorama is subjective and may require a list of criteria to aid judging.

Perhaps the hardest part, mentioned by Susanne, is finding someone to organise the competition.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests?   Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Yearly diorama and photoshoot contests?
Page 1 of 1