Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar

Go down 
+2
bmathison1972
Froggie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar Empty
PostSubject: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 8:38 am

Recently I got in a lot this pupa on stick, about which I knew before, and surprisingly there was a fitting caterpillar, too.
Now I was wondering if there might be also a butterfly. And I am wondering if there are more species.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This set is marked:

Mourning Cloak caterpillar 2
Mourning Cloak chrysalis 2

No year unfortunately. Both have this 2, so these are numbered as set, not as single items.
And hasn't there to be a set "1" at least?

I know about different coloured pupas:

always thought they were just color versions, but obviously they are different species?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi froggie, very interesting but I am not familiar with these either. The only mourning cloak I am familiar with is the adult by Toy Major.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Never seen before :) nice catch !!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Very rare figures of K&M , congratulations. Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 10:47 pm

I really tried to search for it online as well as I checked Wild Republic catalogue and I haven't found anything. Just a little reference to a mourning cloak lifecycle set, made by BugFolk at ATF. scratch You are always finding illusive things and when there is an arthropod missing on Blaine's collection, it tells a lot about how rare it may be. Very Happy

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Roger wrote:
I really tried to search for it online as well as I checked Wild Republic catalogue and I haven't found anything. Just a little reference to a mourning cloak lifecycle set, made by BugFolk at ATF. scratch You are always finding illusive things and when there is an arthropod missing on Blaine's collection, it tells a lot about how rare it may be. Very Happy

The mourning cloak life cycle (which I think is actually a Morpho) mentioned on ATF is by AAA.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

The mourning cloak life cycle (which I think is actually a Morpho) mentioned on ATF is by AAA.

Thank you for checking the link I provided and for clearing it up. Very Happy

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 1:32 pm

I was able to hunt another set down, marked with "4" - the monarch butterfly set: caterpillar, chrysalis and imago. Now I know for sure that there is an adult butterfly in the set. Makes me even more longing for that mourning cloak figure!

Interestingly the butterfly is marked on the belly with 2, while the wings are marked with "4" and the species name. And it looks as if the wings are not one part with the body but glued together with it.

Now I have at least two more sets to find!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Big congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Aaaack! Froggie, where do you find these?!?!? Did ya get another ;-)

Froggie is the only person on this forum I think who can make me jealous! hahaha
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:50 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Aaaack! Froggie, where do you find these?!?!? Did ya get another ;-)

Froggie is the only person on this forum I think who can make me jealous! hahaha

Not only you Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 pm

I don't have any relevant news about this subject but I want to informe that they have now a page at Toy Animal Wiki that will be completed as long as more information is known. Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 3:26 am

I got the monarch butterfly set new in package on eBay earlier this year. I don't have pics of the packaging but I can get some for you if you wish.

I also recently acquired a K&M Silvery Blue adult and caterpillar (but no pupa unfortunately) and a complete set of a K&M White Admiral Butterfly adult, caterpillar and pupa. I haven't taken official photos of any of them yet but will get around to hopefully Sunday.

Here's pics that I do have of them:

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm

these were on eBay?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:04 pm

Wow, rare catch

Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:19 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
these were on eBay?!?!?!

Yes! First one was in a random lot of mixed brand animals and the second was listed under a used life cycle set lot.

PostSubject: Re: K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar   K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M butterfly pupa and caterpillar
Page 1 of 1