Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2018 CollectA Plains Zebra

Go down 
+3
Night Elf
SUSANNE
SeanieP
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

2018 CollectA Plains Zebra Empty
PostSubject: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyTue 03 Jul 2018, 04:07

These photos don't do this model justice. It is a fantastic zebra. Although my favorite is the former Schleich Zebras (Not the 2018 ones), but this is my second favorite. And what an improvement from their first Zebra. Very realistic details. Without shadow stripes, I assume this is an east African Plains Zebra and not a southern species. Enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyTue 03 Jul 2018, 09:05

It is a beautyful zebra ! cheers
I love the head, which shows how nervous and extremely alert they are.
The paintwork is very good also Very Happy

Now I just googeled the zebra sub species, and am chocked to see that most are nearly threatened with extinction affraid
Perhaps a bit like passenger pigions. There were so many that we thought they would last forever, but when Homo Sapiens puts their mind to it, they can ruin everything pale

Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyTue 03 Jul 2018, 10:41

Oh my. I need this one! drunken

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyTue 03 Jul 2018, 13:23

Wow !

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyTue 03 Jul 2018, 18:09

Very beautiful cheers
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 03:37

Congrats Shawn!
Where did you get them? Mine has unbarred belly and inner sides of upper legs - like the pattern of Grevy's.
Thanks.

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 15:58

donny ong wrote:
Congrats Shawn!
Where did you get them? Mine has unbarred belly and inner sides of upper legs - like the pattern of Grevy's.
Thanks.

I got these two and my CollectA Hippo on Ebay. I could not wait for it to be available at the online stores!

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 16:13

SeanieP wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Congrats Shawn!
Thanks.

I got these two and my CollectA Hippo on Ebay. I could not wait for it to be available at the online stores!

Thx Shawn. They are available at MiniZoo.
Could you please tell me the ebay store? Or the website? I'd like to buy it. Many thanks.

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 16:18

donny ong wrote:
SeanieP wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Congrats Shawn!
Thanks.

Could you please tell me the ebay store? Or the website? I'd like to buy it. Many thanks.

here are two links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 16:24

SeanieP wrote:
donny ong wrote:
SeanieP wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Congrats Shawn!
Thanks.

here are two links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many thanks for your help Shawn. I will check it.

Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 16:30

Shawn, the first link shows photo of the unbarred one. Did you buy it from this store or the second link?

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 16:37

donny ong wrote:
Congrats Shawn!
Thanks.

Oh Donny, I meant to get back to you. You caught me. I extended the stripes myself to its belly as well as the inside legs and connected a few body stripes. I looked up plains zebra stripes on the Net and showed the stripes go under the belly and go up most of the way in the inside of the legs. So I made my own stripes by a quick paint job.

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyWed 04 Jul 2018, 16:48

SeanieP wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Congrats Shawn!
Thanks.

Oh Donny, I meant to get back to you. You caught me. I extended the stripes myself to its belly as well as the inside legs and connected a few body stripes. I looked up plains zebra stripes on the Net and showed the stripes go under the belly and go up most of the way in the inside of the legs. So I made my own stripes by a quick paint job.

That explains everything Shawn. Of course the correct pattern is the barred one. That's why I was so anxious to get one. Great job with the stripes. I thought it was the company painting.

Anyway I really appreciate your help Shawn.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra EmptyThu 05 Jul 2018, 18:04

Lovely Zebra

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 CollectA Plains Zebra   2018 CollectA Plains Zebra Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 CollectA Plains Zebra
Page 1 of 1