Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology) Empty
PostSubject: Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)   Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology) EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 5:27 am

This was a personal request on the ATF, but I am posting here, too: the Life Cycle of a Mosquito, by Safari LTD, Safariology, originally released in 2014. As someone who studies the medical aspects of insects as well, this was a welcome treat! Over a short period, Safari LTD released several insect life cycles and this is probably my favorite.

The mosquito is not attributable to a given species (although the egg raft and length of palps in the adult rule-out the malaria-spreading anophelines).

Not a bad set; the adult is a bit stout, but that is to be expected when real mosquitoes are spindly: the figure needs to be sturdy enough to prevent breakage and not be too sharp as to risk injury to children.

On to the pics:

eggs:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

larva:

pupa:

adult:

whole cycle:

in a mini-diorama:

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)   Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology) EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 8:27 am

How very interesting Very Happy
This is a beautiful life cycle.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)   Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology) EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Nice set

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)   Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology) EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Seeing that you made this topic, I was very eager to see what you could say and how you like it bounce

Great that you like it, and also thankyou for a bit about what species. study

You photos are perfect as always, - and what a delightful diorama cheers

I wished that Safari would make more nice Lifecycle sets Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)   Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology) EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 2:11 am

Lifecycles are among the most interesting and educative sets in this hobby. I find quit brave from Safari that they made already a good number of them and surely the mosquito one is one of the boldest. Almost everyone have mosquitos around and probably most of us, myself included, never thought how a mosquito larva could look like. Curiously, whilst the adulte is probably too generic once it is not so hard to find mosquito moulds to use, the larva may much probably be the key to help identifying at least the genus.

PostSubject: Re: Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)   Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology) Empty

Back to top Go down

Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari LTD - Safariology)
Page 1 of 1