Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

cheers santa Time for the suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of December. Click here cheers santa

Share | 

Wranglergirl's Collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wranglergirl

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Wranglergirl's Collection   Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:32 am

Hi guys,

I have loved model animals since before I can remember! For years when I was a child I was always allowed to pick out an animal figure from the gift shop whenever I went to the zoo. While many of those figures have now passed on to other hands, my passion for collecting model animals has never left me.

I began my modern collection with a fairly strong focus on schleich horses, but over the years, it has grown to include other animals as well as other brands.The vast majority of my collection lives in Canada (likely approaching 1000 figures though I don't have an exact number). I am currently living in New Zealand and have started to build a lovely little collection here, which will somehow need to be brought back home to Canada next year.

Here are some photos of my NZ collection currently. I apologize for the terrible photo quality. One model not pictured (a native NZ Tuatara made by Science and Nature)

2018 Exclusive Horses
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Other Schleich Horses
Custom by a local here in NZ
Australian and New Zealand Native Species
Pets and other wildlife

NZ Collection Count: 32 Figures

Schleich: 16
Science and Nature: 9
MOJO: 5
CollectA: 1
Papo: 1

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:42 pm

So you opened your own topic, great! Your previous entry were merged with all other collections as we told you. You have already a good number of Schleich exclusives, but as I mentioned before, I love especially that you collect New Zealand native animals. You may also consider Southlands Replicas, they will surely get New Zealand more represented in their range in the future once they're now more focused in Australia. Though, their figures are top quality!

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 pm

I relly like your collection with many species and several brands. Isn't that a Mojo calf you have ? Very Happy

wranglergirl

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So you opened your own topic, great! Your previous entry were merged with all other collections as we told you. You have already a good number of Schleich exclusives, but as I mentioned before, I love especially that you collect New Zealand native animals. You may also consider Southlands Replicas, they will surely get New Zealand more represented in their range in the future once they're now more focused in Australia. Though, their figures are top quality!

Hi Roger,

I did indeed. Figured that would be a fun way to get involved on the forum and show off my collection a bit. :)

I would love to add some of Southlands Replicas models to my collection but haven't found a place that sells them in NZ yet. I may need to look into getting some in Australia next time I visit there. I quite like several of the Australian wildlife figures they have.
Back to top Go down
wranglergirl

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:32 am

I relly like your collection with many species and several brands. Isn't that a Mojo calf you have ? Very Happy

Thanks Susanne!

I quite like my little assortment as well. A little bit of everything. :) And yes it is the Mojo calf. The book store in town has a small assortment of Mojo animals and I am living on a farm with many sheep and cows so I thought it would only be fitting to add a calf and a lamb to my collection.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Nice collection

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi Roger,

I did indeed. Figured that would be a fun way to get involved on the forum and show off my collection a bit. :)

I would love to add some of Southlands Replicas models to my collection but haven't found a place that sells them in NZ yet. I may need to look into getting some in Australia next time I visit there. I quite like several of the Australian wildlife figures they have.

You can get the Southlands Replicas figures through [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or just contact Jason, the manager, through the forum. His username is Southlands Replicas.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Very nice collection! Very Happy

wranglergirl

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 am

Some new additions to my collection. I had ordered a number of retired schleich online and the first half of them have arrived.

My first Figure from the Animal Kids Series. I love this series and can't wait to find the other figures!

My collection of schleich donkey's is now nearly complete. Only the poitou foal left.

I love the zebras and this one was high on my list to find. 3 Away from the complete set.

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

All 13 new figures.

NZ Collection Count: 45 Figures

Schleich: 29
Science and Nature: 9
MOJO: 5
CollectA: 1
Papo: 1
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:45 am

13 new figures? It is good that you are not superstitious and it surely means good luck to your collecting hobby. Schleich figures have the advantage that they are easily find online and in stores. They also have some masterpieces as it is the zebra you acquired.

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:20 am

Congratulations :)

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:03 am

Oooh, nice selections!

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:58 am

13 new figures? It is good that you are not superstitious and it surely means good luck to your collecting hobby. Schleich figures have the advantage that they are easily find online and in stores. They also have some masterpieces as it is the zebra you acquired.

Haha. You are right. I hadn't even thought about the 13 figures thing as it is the first half of a bigger order. I have been very lucky to find a seller locally who has many retired items so I am slowly filling the (very large) gaps in my collection. Thank goodness I documented well which figures I have already back in Canada! But 13 must be a lucky number for me and is a beautiful addition to my collection.

Now I get to wait in anticipation for the rest of the figures I ordered. :)
Back to top Go down
wranglergirl

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:59 am

Thank you Andreas and Laura. I love my little collection very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wranglergirl's Collection   

Back to top Go down

Wranglergirl's Collection
Page 1 of 1