Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi

Go down 
+9
widukind
Zoodirektor
Saarlooswolfhound
Gwaine
barracudacat
NightLioness
Megaptera
Roger
arafan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  Empty
PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 7:54 am

I've seen that Schelich-s doing again one of the user-voted animals campains, this time you can choose an savanna or a rainforest species.

arafan

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 11:45 am

The five most called animals were Okapi, Tapir, Snow leopard, Red panda and the African wild dog, let's see which one will win.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 11:04 pm

arafan wrote:
The five most called animals were Okapi, Tapir, Snow leopard, Red panda and the African wild dog, let's see which one will win.

Interesting, nothing really new in this hobby but some are really new to Schleich as it is the African wild dog, red panda and snow leopard. Any of these three is a big gap on Schleich range that already releases huge lists of figures and never released these. Toy Animal Wiki tells that the wild dog is the rarest of them. Though, I wished the tapir was a mountain tapir but it is likely a Malayan. Is still the list available?

arafan

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Yes, I think you still would be able to vote on Schleich's website, if you don't find it there you may find a link on their facebook site. :)

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 8:35 pm

I have voted for the Okapi. I have already one, but maybe they could make a better one.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Megaptera wrote:
I have voted for the Okapi. I have already one, but maybe they could make a better one.

I think this is going to be a little problem, because:
If the tapir or okapi wins, then we will get an updated version of it. But the other one (or both if an other animal wins) will not be updated... ever? Because wouldn't be unfair if the voters vote for (example) okapi, to bring out and updated tapir years later? (Why would they bring in okapi/tapir to the vote, when they already planned to update them in the future?)
Or if an other animal wins, they will never update okapi/tapir?

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 3:24 am

I never knew that they planned to update two of these species already. It does make me wonder why they chose them. Of course I would vote for the wild dog anyway.

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 3:25 am

barracudacat wrote:
I never knew that they planned to update two of these species already.  It does make me wonder why they chose them.  Of course I would vote for the wild dog anyway.

I did too.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 am

barracudacat wrote:
I never knew that they planned to update two of these species already.  It does make me wonder why they chose them.  Of course I would vote for the wild dog anyway.

I don't know if they chose them to update, but if one gets chosen, the other one won't be updated (would be the logical answer).

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 9:33 am

Or both will come like two years ago. There was the sloth and the Panda, which we could vote for. But in the end, we got both, the sloth AND new Pandas.
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 1:34 pm

As far as I know there wasn't a Panda, I remember that besides the Sloth you coul choose a Clouded leopard, Bongo, Ringtailed lemur and a Okapi. Of course there was requested a lot more, but they saddly have done just one of them.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 am

So the Okapi won? I was hoping for something a little more unique, but okapis are still rarer than lions and giraffes so I'm not complaining... Just a shame when a new canid was an option!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:31 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
So the Okapi won? I was hoping for something a little more unique, but okapis are still rarer than lions and giraffes so I'm not complaining... Just a shame when a new canid was an option!

I don't understand why the choice goes for a species that Schleich released already and not long ago. The positive point is that okapis are really beautiful animals and one more does not hurt. Now, I only hope it is not a remastered version from the previous figure and that they make the head proportionally smaller.

Zoodirektor

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 pm

I can not understand that the okapi should have won, where the others have never been. 2018 was the first year of Schleich without a new species, now I'm afraid that 2019 will be the same
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Roger wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I don't understand why the choice goes for a species that Schleich released already and not long ago. The positive point is that okapis are really beautiful animals and one more does not hurt.  Now, I only hope it is not a remastered version from the previous figure and that they make the head proportionally smaller.

It was a chance for a very special thing but Sad Sad Sad Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Schleich 2019 collector's   User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 2:06 am

I hope schleich still listhens to the sounds arond this winner.
and maybe still makes the other animals ... who knows...

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 pm

I just came across this news:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There has been another voting and a new animal for 2019 will be an okapi.
I think my old okapi will be happy for a new companion cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 2:55 am

Rakel wrote:
I just came across this news:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There has been another voting and a new animal for 2019 will be an okapi.
I think my old okapi will be happy for a new companion cheers

As it was being already discussed on huge Schleich 2018 topic and as I think it deserves its own topic, I am merging the existing discussion here. :)

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 3:55 pm

I couldn't find where to vote so I must not have known about the poll until too late, but I can't complain at the outcome. I would have voted for snow leopard or okapi. I never really liked the Schleich okapi as much as Safari or Bullyland. If it's done by the same sculptor who did the oryx I think it'll be good.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks to Karin I found the poll in time, and of course voted for the African Wild Dog. Shame the okapi won, although I prefer a new okapi over more lions/elephants/etcetera. Maybe it's for the best, because I don't know if I'd be happy to see an AWD in Schleich's current style Laughing

Does anyone know: was there any possibility to send in suggestions (before the poll started) or did Schleich come up with the species themselves?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 3:25 am

I'm not sure about officially, but you can probably write to them any time. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Okapi. I know they've needed a new one for a long time.

arafan

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 5:07 am

Tarunyada wrote:
Thanks to Karin I found the poll in time, and of course voted for the African Wild Dog. Shame the okapi won, although I prefer a new okapi over more lions/elephants/etcetera. Maybe it's for the best, because I don't know if I'd be happy to see an AWD in Schleich's current style Laughing

Does anyone know: was there any possibility to send in suggestions (before the poll started) or did Schleich come up with the species themselves?
Actually the first process was to write the species you'd like to see, the five most called animals would go to the poll.

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 5:53 am

arafan wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

Actually the first process was to write the species you'd like to see, the five most called animals would go to the poll.

Thanks for your answer! I completely missed the first step, but I remember they did it like this with the first poll (the one with the sloth).

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 7:30 am

Where was the voting and who can participate in it (how so)? I missed even the rumors about this event... scratch
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 am

Valeriia wrote:
Where was the voting and who can participate in it (how so)? I missed even the rumors about this event... scratch

I know it from Facebook :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi    User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi  Empty

Back to top Go down

User voted animal 2019 - a new okapi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: