Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .

Go down 
+20
Roger
Advicot
George
SUSANNE
sunny
RtasVadumee
SerAndrew
castlerigg
rogerpgvg
Giulia
Steve170
Pardofelis
QuollMate
landrover
sortepletter
Rhombo Eric
widukind
Megaptera
costicuba
75senta75
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:53 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Very nice. The Schleich humpback and Papo whale shark have been shown here before among the 5 best. I don't have the humpback, but I agree that the whale shark is a recent masterpiece.

Me too, - I have decided I have enough whales, and there will be no more whales ( ....of the more frequent models Laughing ) Evil or Very Mad

But that whale shark ! I love you
Isn't is somewhat unusual, please ? bounce bounce

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:55 pm

It isn't a whale, Susanne, so it's OK, you can buy it.

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:48 pm

The humpback whale is also among my 5 favourite but this is a difficult choice and I have to think about the others. I may post a picture in the days to come bounce

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
It isn't a whale, Susanne, so it's OK, you can buy it.

OF Course ! cheers
I wonder what a shark whale would look like affraid

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 pm

yes, all are fantastic models! Very Happy

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:53 pm

costicuba wrote:
Yvette, I can welcome any Okapi model, which I don`t have with a pleasure

Fine, so I will reserve the young Okapi by Bullyland for you.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Maybe just an orca Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 am

castlerigg wrote:
Thanks, friends!

Roger, yes, I am well. I have lost my ability to whistle, but I am very happy to be still alive!

Susanne, I agree about the Okapi. Some Bullyland figures have real star quality!

Lesley
castlerigg

I am glad you are well, Lesley! flower

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 2:19 am

75senta75 wrote:
costicuba wrote:
Yvette, I can welcome any Okapi model, which I don`t have with a pleasure

Fine, so I will reserve the young Okapi by Bullyland for you.

I love you Thank you dear Yvette I love you

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 am

Pardofelis wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Maybe just an orca Very Happy

That's it !!! cheers Applause Applause

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 1:59 am

what a stunning presentation of this chiru ! where is the drooling emoji ? Wink

I found more information about it -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rhombo Eric wrote:
Collecta (Wild Life Collection) Chiru 88721 (2015)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 7:56 am

Ohh, yes !!! That set drunken

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 2:27 pm

I went through my entire folder and drew up a shortlist of models which made me smile most when I saw their picture, exactly that 'Oh. I'm SO glad I have this one!' feeling described in the first post here. That was about twenty, so I had to narrow it down further, comparing each name to the others and figuring out which I'm most happy to have in my collection. Here they are :

Dustbowl Dance. A limited run factory custom Peter Stone Pebbles Arabian, she's just so pretty, with her sweet natured face and delicate paintwork - in fact, if there's ever a 'Prettiest Mare' class in a photo show, she's always been my go-to choice. So out of all my original finish models, she probably most deserves her place in the top five, for being the nicest to look at.

Aigrette - named after the white egrets which share the camargue wetland home of this breed, Aigrette couldn't be much different to the spotlessly clean grey arabian in the first picture, but as the owner of two outdoor-kept native breeds myself, I loved the idea of making this natural, laid-back dirtiness compared to all the show-clean and racing-fit models out there on the market. Having a model of a scruffy, grubby outdoorsy pony just satisfies my own taste in real ponies, my custom idea which turned out exactly as I imagined her.

It's Otto, one of very few large-scale models I've ever worked up the courage to paint, and the only one in a remotely complex or shaded colour. I'm a mini-painter, just about daring to CollectA scale when feeling brave and everything's going well, so to challenge myself to a 1:9 scale project is so daunting it almost never happens. But some ideas just won't go away, and I feel really proud that I ever made this guy happen, so he makes me smile not for what he looks like, but cos I did him myself.

Paragon, created after a painted horse from centuries ago kept cropping up in my visits to grand houses, a recognisable colour and pattern which caught my eye, and I just had to find out more about him. Read more here if you haven't seen his story already.

And finally, another art-related model...

This set-up made it's debut on the UK live showing circuit in the mid 2000s, a huge 3D piece comprising of horse, tack, rider and scenic base/backdrop - and we were all in awe. Taking wins and championships, the George Stubbs scene was one of the best known pieces in the country at the time, and all of us who loved the history of horses in art as well as collecting models, adored it.
Then, the artist who made it, decided she'd done enough with it, and was ready to move on to her next project, and she put it up on ebay. I counted up my savings, and worked out how much I could afford to bid. Laid down my money, and anxiously waited the final few minutes as highest bidder, only to lose out in the last second, a sniped bid which took the win. And I thought that was it, I'd missed my chance.
A couple of weeks later, I had an email from the seller. The winning bidder had refused to pay, I could have it for my own bid if I still wanted it? Of COURSE I still wanted it, I could hardly say 'thank you!' quick enough, and a few days later had the best parcel day ever. And it still makes me smile.

Last edited by George on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
https://harecrofthorses.blogspot.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 4:06 pm

What a wonderful selection of 5 special models! Very Happy The Arabian at the start is so pretty, such stunning colours and sweet face! The 1:9 scale horse is so impressive too, and beautifully painted- must be a very big model! And of course the outdoorsy pony, such a lovely model with so much character and I love how you were inspired by your own ponies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 6:31 pm

I absolutely love, love, love Aigrette! Shocked Shocked I love you I love you
She just looks so real, and she's giving me such a huge hit of nostalgia! The coat is incredibly done with different colour blemishes.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 12:47 am

those are magnificent models and I love their stories, thanks for sharing George. Very Happy

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:47 am

I love this topic and seeing everyone's special figures. Choosing just 5 is a very difficult decision... I settled on these Laughing

When I was little I was absolutely obsessed with dolphins. My favorite local toy shop carried the Safari Ltd Pacific white-sided dolphin and I played with it nonstop in the pool along with Safari's old bottlenose and Atlantic spotted dolphin. Unfortunately when on vacation, my white-sided dolphin was stolen by someone at the resort pool and nobody returned it after I asked everyone. I remember being so devastated, and when I returned home no more dolphins were at my local toy shop Crying or Very sad I only started to really "collect" figures until a few years ago, and I could never find this dolphin on eBay. Two summers ago I finally found her on eBay and I paid a lot to get her at the time but I was so happy to have this model back in my life, even if it wasn't the same that was lost.

The Safari brown pelican I remember spotting in a lot of over 80 Schleich figures, and I won it in an auction and I just absolutely love this model. From the pose to the paint, there is just something I love so much about Safari's birds. I love to use him for photographs on the beach.

The first Schleich set I ever got was the Schleich bunny hutch, which came with this brown and black rabbit and the black and white rabbit. I really loved these 2 rabbits and I'm glad to still have this little rabbit (I still have my other one I just love the brown one more).

Again I absolutely love Safari's birds, and it was very difficult for me to choose (I love the snowy owl, toucan, harpy eagle, spoonbill, and condor), but this great horned owl really is special to me. I used to build these structures in my yard for all my animal figures and back when I played with them this owl was may favorite because of his pose. He could be used to "catch prey" fight other birds, or simply fly around the yard. He is somehow evenly faded on all sides but I almost like this tan color more than the original "orange"

Lastly (and very well may be my absolute favorite) Schleich's ostrich chick. I really loved Schleich's "miniature" animals such as the poison dart frogs and gerbils. When this set came out I HAD to get it. I love baby animals and since birds are my favorite, this little ostrich was always my favorite to play with. She may always be one of if not my favorite figures I own.

When it comes to favorite figures its hard to pick. The best paint job, most accurate model, most unique species... To me an old figure that I used to play with will always be the most special to me, no matter how rare or common it may be Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 6:13 am

Gosh, what a coincidence! As a child I LOVED that same dolphin because it was different from the rest! To this day it is my favorite species and figure. I have many fond memories with that rabbit also... great selection!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 6:49 am

Great selection, Joliezac. You are very lucky to have found that pelican, I have searched forever for that thing, and wish I had your luck. Also, I have to agree that is very difficult to bring it down to just five figures. I am putting together my list right now, and find I have a solid idea of what the top 3 will be, but after that... Still, I really enjoyed your stories about these figures.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 10:17 am

Another wonderful selection! Very Happy That ostrich chick is so sweet and the story about the dolphin was wonderful! cheers I can see why you like the Safari pelican, it's beautifully made! sunny I can't wait to see more top 5's! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Favourites, hmm. scratch Since having animal figures I have struggled to have favourites and to be honest I don't have a favourite animal, colour shade, plant, fungi etc

However I do find the following figures very appealing in my opinion:

1) Schleich 2004 Asian elephant cow

I have such great memories associated with this figure as it was my very first Asian elephant. Her name is Maureen. I can remember giving her baths, pedicures, leaves and the occasional melon. In 2015 I lost her and the 2012 figure. After years of searching I found my box of tractors, trailers and fencing and guess who I found... both of them were in the trailer with bottle caps of food and it was like nothing had happened.

2) ELC border collie

I have two ELC collies in two different positions. I loved them both equally and I used to spend many a day herding sheep and the occasional duck with them. Every Sunday morning there used to be a program on called Mist: Sheepdog tales which told the story of a working collie, her family and the life they led on the Devonshire coast. My father now tells me that he would have discussions with my mother saying that he could just go outside and watch this with our own collies. They didn't speak though Razz

3) Schleich Friesian cow (2000)

I have two of the same figure as these were my only cows for about 3 years. They were called the Vaars sisters as vaars is Dutch for heifer, and the Friesian is a Dutch breed. There are many photos of me from when I was little playing with these two. In 2008 a bull came onto the scene as well as a new heifer. Calves followed soon after...

4) Schleich 2001 Llama

It was June 2010 and my grandfather had just gone out to the bakery. Any guesses what is right next to the bakery... yes, the toy shop! After arriving home he passed the fresh baguette to my grandmother and to her shock my grandfather had placed the llama in the top of it, with only its head peeping out. I only recently learnt that the llama had been retired prior to this. However, I am not surprised as my local toy shop sometimes has the odd retired figure. Last year I found an 18 year old retired figure.

5) ELC cockerel

This small figure was one of my first farm animals as my parents would buy Schleich, ELC and the occasional Nayab for my farmyard. One day my Auntie was paying us a visit and she brought some ELC figures from my cousins childhood, turns out one of these figures was another cockerel. I didn't mind as he had a different paint job, but she also brought some goat kids which was a twin to my other (they are different figures)

So I think I've come to the end of my "favourites" Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 1:13 pm

That was a lovely read, such a different feel to the favourites when people's collections started in their childhood, compared to me getting into figures as an adult hobbyist - these have wonderful memories of play and family involved. I especially love the story of the llama peeping out of the bread! Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 5:20 pm

George, those horses are truely WOW !!!! Amazing cheers

Jolie, yes, it is hard to choose 5, - and that is the intention with this topc Laughing
Your 5 favorites are ever so great , and so different ! A joy to see Very Happy

Adam, great picks also, even if I am not sure how the ELC-models look Wink

Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Great post, George! I love how many meaningful memories you have attached to these figures. And that Llama story is pretty great.

Alright, not to steal anyone's thunder, but, I've finally come up with my list (mostly in order from least to most favorite).

1990 Tyco Smithsonian Institution Protoceratops
I think Tyco’s Dino-Riders and subsequent Smithsonian figures are still among the best prehistoric animal action figures to date. To me, the standout is this Protoceratops. Of course, I’m a Protoceratops fan, and yes, this figure was the inspiration for Bix from Dinotopia, and I love Dinotopia. So, I am deeply biased; but I just love this figure. It’s simple, yet effective. Even with only five joints, it still manages to be more fun than figures that have that many joints in one limb. The head is also just so full of personality.

2011 Mojö Fun Hyena
It’s so rare to get a spotted hyena that doesn’t rely on tropes. From Safari to Schleich, hyenas are so often made out to be snarling, drooling monsters; so, I will always love this Mojö figure for being anything but that. Sure, it’s a bit wonky in some spots and the paints not great. Honestly, that doesn’t bother me when it’s such a quality depiction. This is just an animal that’s looking around, and I’m happy a hyena finally got that sort of treatment.

1992 Safari LTD. Monterey Bay Aquarium Humpback Whale
Another favorite animal, the Humpback Whale. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve loved this whale species most of all. I can’t say why, really. Maybe the wing-like fins? Or the sticking black and white colors? No idea. All I know is that this figure absolutely captures whatever that feeling is. This mother is so graceful, yet still massive and, God, is this figure heavy. For a figure that’s nearly 30 years old, she is timeless. Of course, that’s probably because it was sculpted by the masterful Forest Rogers, who I am such a fan of.

2017 Safari LTD. Feathered Tyrannosaurus
The importance Safari’s 2017 prehistoric lineup holds in my collecting career cannot be understated. Sure, I’d bought a few Papo figures before that, but the genuine joy I had getting these as they were released solidified model collecting as a hobby for me. Doug Watson’s Tyrannosaurus captures all the excitement I felt getting interested in dinosaurs and paleontology again as a young adult and learning that Tyrannosaurus might have had feathers. Of course, now, the general consensus seems to contradict that, and there are many figures that depict those new ideas more accurately. Yet, in my opinion, none of them execute on that as well as this figure did with its reconstruction.

1996 Safari LTD. Brachiosaurus and Tyrannosaurus
Finally, and this one’s a cheat, since it is two figures, but they’re worth it. These are two of the earliest animal models, nay, toys, I remember getting. I can’t say how old I was, maybe 5ish? I remember getting them from our local Michael’s crafts store, and most importantly, I remember my Grandfather got them for me. Really, despite whatever qualities these figures have on their own (the brachiosaurus is quite good, and the tyrannosaurus is just so-so), the importance the hold is entirely due to the memory they evoke. I can honestly not describe a person with more impact on my life than my grandfather; who made the notable contribution of taking me from the typical animal loving kid to the level of an animal obsessed kid. That and more make these figures so significant and two I could never replace or get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 6:25 pm

Great choices! I’m normally not a fan of how feathered dinosaurs look, I prefer the “Jurassic Park” style, even though not very scientifically accurate. That being said the Safari feathered Tyrannosaurus rex is stunning and I really should add it to my collection. Humpback whales are also my favorite species of whale! I remember going whale watching when I was young and I was amazed when we saw some young males breaching out of the water. As a kid I didn’t have the massive safari whale, but I did have Schleich’s large humpback whale and that model is very special to me. Now I have the large Monterey Bay Aquarium whale and that model really is stunning, I can definitely see how it would be in your top 5 list!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next