Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moving for university, what this means for my collection.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

Moving for university, what this means for my collection. Empty
PostSubject: Moving for university, what this means for my collection.   Moving for university, what this means for my collection. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 1:07 am

Hi STS,

I am 11 days from moving to Arizona for college. I will be pursuing an aeronautical engineering degree with Embry Riddle. I decided I will do a little post on what this means for my collection and what the last 8 months of collecting have been like for me.

When I was younger (middle school and early high school), my primary goal was to collect all the plastic tropical fish of a certain size and type. This goal was unrealistic as you can imagine, and during my hiatus, I was able to think more clearly about what I wanted out of collecting. Most of my fish collection consisted of some cheap, unrealistic fish. For example, a butterflyfish in my collection would be painted a ridiculous neon pink color. I started phasing these figures out my collection by trading and selling them. I have now obtained some great fish figures; some Yujin fish, some fish from an unknown Japanese brand (thanks Brett), the Joy City fish (thanks Andreas), and some K&M fishes in transit (thanks Beatrice). I am happier with my collection as a result and can say that my fish collection is complete for now.

With college looming around the corner, I know that my collection will have to stay home in Denver, and I will have to put my collection on hold. I showcased part 1 of a series I am doing about my Paleozoic sea life collection, but that will also have to go on hold until I am home for Thanksgiving break. I would like to show off my updated fish collection as well, but I don’t think all of my fish still in transit will arrive in time for a group photo before I go. I will post an updated version of my fish collection during Thanksgiving break.

With all that said, I’m hoping there will be some good 2019 releases from all of our favorite brands. I am hoping to expand my collections.

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Moving for university, what this means for my collection.   Moving for university, what this means for my collection. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 7:23 am

You are so young. I started my collection as i was 3 years. Than i collected more than 10 years and after that i take a long long break. And i started again for more than 10 years ago :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Moving for university, what this means for my collection.   Moving for university, what this means for my collection. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Have fun in Arizona, my home state! I grew up in Tempe and went to school in Tucson :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving for university, what this means for my collection.   Moving for university, what this means for my collection. Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving for university, what this means for my collection.
Page 1 of 1