Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large Empty
PostSubject: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 5:32 pm

Brachiosaurus large (missing on TAI) now in my collection:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Interesting figurine

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Great dino Very Happy
I take a copy of the picture for TAI, thankyou flower

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 12:28 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Great dino Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 8:57 am

landrover wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Great dino Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

Embarassed  Laughing  Laughing

I hope it is correct : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
The table is basically a copy from one of the others, as I do not know much about this brand Laughing

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 3:40 pm

How do we get to that dino on TAI? I cannot find it from the site...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks for sharing this rare dino with us, Fernando and thanks Susanne for entering it on TAI. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale wrote:
How do we get to that dino on TAI? I cannot find it from the site...

I don't know how do you use TAI, but, if you click, on main page, the link 'By company', you will get a list of all companies and you can find there UKRD. Directly on main UKRD page you have the brachio displayed and if you click the name of the dinosaur just below its picture, you will go to the page of the figure on TAI. study

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 8:57 pm

Are you sure you put it in the right place? It seems to me it is way too big to put it in the series you did put it; the one going in that series in the "to sort" green Brachiosaurus. I tend to think Landrover's figure is part of the large DOR MEI dinosaurs. Remember that the large, late 1980's DOR MEI also have "UKRD" written on them. And I think this Brachiosaurus, on which we see a separation of molds just behind the forelimbs, is part of that Dor Mei series. Look at the other "big" 1990's UKRD dinosaurs: we do not see that kind of molds separation on them. That is because it is NOT the same line: it is the 1980's Dor Mei line re-released under UKRD.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 9:02 pm

Yup! Just what I thought: that Brachiosaurus is in the wrong place: I saw it on Ebay. And on Ebay, it is clear: the model was labeled "Dor Mei" before being labeled "UKRD". So, it is part of the gigantic line of Dor Mei dinosaurs. The clue? Look at the number: it is not "F" 2022249 at all: it reads 1036998. This is the number of the original Dor Mei large Brachiosaurus, the one under our eyes, despite the UKRD name we read. I know it sounds weird, but that is the truth. I will have to fix it, sorry...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 9:37 pm

FIXED!!! Now everything is in the right place on TAW.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 9:55 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Yup! Just what I thought: that Brachiosaurus is in the wrong place: I saw it on Ebay. And on Ebay, it is clear: the model was labeled "Dor Mei" before being labeled "UKRD". So, it is part of the gigantic line of Dor Mei dinosaurs. The clue? Look at the number: it is not "F" 2022249 at all: it reads 1036998. This is the number of the original Dor Mei large Brachiosaurus, the one under our eyes, despite the UKRD name we read. I know it sounds weird, but that is the truth. I will have to fix it, sorry...

You're our expert about this kind of figures, it is good that you take a look to those sections and that you can fix it.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

You're our expert about this kind of figures, it is good that you take a look to those sections and that you can fix it.

Now, a question remains: why did Dor Mei change its name for UKRD? Is it because UKRD was a different company that bought Dor Mei to finally erase the Dor Mei name like Mattel did with Larami or is it just because the Dor Mei company decided to change its original name? Mystery...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 10:16 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Now, a question remains: why did Dor Mei change its name for UKRD? Is it because UKRD was a different company that bought Dor Mei to finally erase the Dor Mei name like Mattel did with Larami or is it just because the Dor Mei company decided to change its original name? Mystery...

A good question to find the answer. I remember when nobody knew exactly if PV was Playvisions, Play Vision or Play visions and when everyone thought TM meant Tom Major. Laughing Also we thought during a long time SSS and Science and Nature were thhe same, etc., etc. Those are little misteries that turn this hobby and the work on TAW even more important and interesting. For example, we still don't know what W.N. means.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 10:36 pm

It's just like NF: we already have a respectable gathering of their figures on TAW but we still don't know what this company is exactly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large   U:K:R:D:  Brachiosaurus large Empty

Back to top Go down

U:K:R:D: Brachiosaurus large
Page 1 of 1