Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020

Go down 
+22
Takama
Pardofelis
Ravonium
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
aschuck
rogerpgvg
QuollMate
WhiteLightning Wolf
halichoeres
Dutch Bear
Tupolew Tu-154
LukaLeon085
CWGross
Fossa
Megaptera
PhocidPhreak
Roger
shadoweon
widukind
Deanmo19
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Sep 2019, 19:15

I think taking a closer look at other unique plant species would be neat for toobs. I.e. carnivorous plants or orchids etc. I'd also imagine national parks or education programs would enjoy toobs for coniferous and deciduous tree species (for ID courses etc) would be neat as well (different species of pines or fruit trees etc.). Perhaps even plant toobs themed after a park. My closest ones are Teton and Yellowstone, famous for their flower blooms throughout the year as well as their pines. Last idea would be a life cycle of X plant as they've done for insects and frogs etc. A tree seed, a bumblebee laden with pollen, a sprout, a young tree, a mature tree.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Sep 2019, 23:31

Yes, I think mushrooms could be a very interesting set as long as the quality of the artwork was there. The carnivorous plants might be neat, and as an orchid fancier I'd love a fairly ACCURATE toob rendition of many of them. I've seen some lovely Japanese mushroom figures; did anyone do orchids? (besides the meh existing toob Phalaenopsis)

All these figures would make great Christmas ornaments! Just add an eye screw and maybe some spray sparkle. I've used the same idea with a few animal toob figures like fish and dragons, want to do insects.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019, 04:46

I keep thinking about new toob ideas now though I'm not usually into toobs unless they offer a new species for me. I enjoyed their prehistoric crocodiles and sharks toobs, so those sorts of "evolution" themes would be neat. Prehistoric elephants or horses etc. I'd enjoy an early mammals or Permian period toob. Lastly I think theres plenty of animal groups that could present various unique species. My bias is wild canids or even specifically small canids (I've suggested this plenty of times to them), bats, raptors, wild cattle, freshwater fish, deer species, parrots, even seals. Lots of ways to spin toobs in more interesting ways than some of what they already have.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019, 12:33

As TOOBs have smaller figures, I'd prefer they represent small species: rodents/lagomorphs; small birds; non-shark fish; arthropods/invertebrates; reptiles and amphibians, etc.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019, 16:42

bmathison1972 wrote:
As TOOBs have smaller figures, I'd prefer they represent small species: rodents/lagomorphs; small birds; non-shark fish; arthropods/invertebrates; reptiles and amphibians, etc.

I have the same preference. I kept almost all the figures from the Cambrian, feathered dinosaur, and prehistoric crocodile toobs, as they were mostly pretty small taxa. But I only kept about half the prehistoric sea life, and I never bothered with most of the dinosaur toobs (which are often pretty ugly figures to boot).
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019, 17:04

Just saw the great Dane on their site in my "recently viewed pages". If you click on it it goes to a 404 error. Its solid black, floppy ears, relatively boring stance just looking straight forward and standing. Still an exciting figure as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019, 19:07

bmathison1972 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked  How could you?  NOOOOOOOO.  Most shark species are small species!!  I dream of a TOOB of SMALL SHARKS:

Epaulette Shark (Hemiscyllium ocellatum)
Brownbanded Bamboo Shark (Chiloscyllium punctatum)
Swell Shark (Cephaloscyllium ventriosum)
Spiny Dogfish (Squalus acanthias)
Chain Catshark (Scyliorhinus retifer)
Bonnethead Shark (Sphyrna tiburo)
Pyjama Catshark (Poroderma africanum)
Horn Shark (Heterodontus francisci)
Spotless Smoothhound (Mustelus griseus)
Leopard Shark (Triakis semifasciata)
Whitetip Reef Shark (Triaenodon obesus)
Tasselled Wobbegong (Eucrossorhinus dasypogon)

I'd love for a revamped Shark TOOB, which I can't imagine isn't on the horizon given the recent Whales, Dolphins, and Pelagic Fish TOOBs, which all featured new sculpts, as well as all the new shark figures Safari has put out in the past few years.  I would even think it's possible (probable?) for them to do more than one shark TOOB.  Not that they shouldn't do Non-shark fishes as well, they definitely should, but there is absolutely no reason on earth for them to not do new shark species in TOOBs.  What's even cooler, at least to me, is that all the species in the Small Shark TOOB I mentioned are featured in aquariums, many of them can be found in the same aquariums, so there should be plenty of attention from aquarium gift shops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019, 05:05

Here is the Dane.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019, 04:50

I'm hoping to see some announcements this week. Lets hope. bounce

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Sep 2019, 02:24

bmathison1972 wrote:

Right.
I want a caviomorpha toob.

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Sep 2019, 20:52

Safari has proven trough the years that it can release any kind of animal... so, I put some that I suppose can present a challenge for the company:
-superb bird of paradise[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Wilson's bird-of-paradise[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- King-of-Saxony[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Paradise Tanager[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Temminck's tragopan[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Hoatzin[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Sunbittern [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

- great egret [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Hairy frog [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Plough-nosed chimaera [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Asian Sheepshead Wrasse[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- argonaut octopus[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- alligator bug Fulgora laternaria [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Sep 2019, 21:14

Very Happy Applause cheers bounce drunken arrow study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020   Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd: Wishes for 2020
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3