Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SeaWorld Walrus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 am

I have promised to show with a walkaround my interesting find from last year,
this very nice and old SeaWorld model of Walrus.

The plastic material is kind of like this from Invicta models - hard, but not so much, heavy and shiny.

But let`s furst see a walkaround of this model and then I will share more info :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really like it. The texturse is a bit too rough , but this is the style of sculpting of the artist and I actually like it :)
And it has a very cute muzzle :) :

And here is the logo of SeaWorld . Actually this is the old logo they used to have maybe in `90...
We can see that because of this ``W``, which is different now.  

This information and also some other details from my resurch,
gave me the idea that this model is from `90. Of course I`m still not 100% sure.
I tried to find this model somewere on internet, but I couldnt... But on Ebay I found something else, which actually helped me.

These photos are from Ebay seller, who had this Castagna - resin model of Walrus and with info of the year: 1991

As you can see, it is the same mold , which makes me think, that maybe the company SeaWorld bought the rights to use it from Castagna.

So...this is all info for now, from me.
But I will be very happy if someone can share with us more information .. or to correct mine :)

Let`s see this model with others, which we know better.
With the Papo Walrus :

Ok, maybe you have noticed, that my Papo walrus is a bit different than yours .. ?  Very Happy
Yes, I changed his tusks :) I made them smaller and thinner..  For me , this model looks more like a younger wolrus, so I tought that
the original so big tusks, are not in a harmony with this fine body ... and now, I think, they look better :)
What do you think?

One more photo, together with one more model, which is actually a find from Aliexpress and it is with no marking..
Soon I will make another walkaround of this chinese model, together with another , very interesting one, of other animal  Wink

These are all my walrus models so far :

And last photo is especially for TAI :

Thank`s for watching  sunny

widukind

Country/State : Germany

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 am

Beautieful walrus :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 am

Very useful and interesting walk around. It is one of the misteries of this hobby how influencing were Castagna figures to other companies. You can find interesting info [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study
SeaWorld section on TAI is really needing some work, as the aquatic park series were based in several kinds of sets and used the moulds of various brands, we need to find a way to group them propperly. However, They are still few, before this thread there was only two figures listed on TAI and now they're 9 once Iused also Yvette pictures. Very Happy

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Many thank for these great walkaround. Kosta I agree with you, perhaps SeaWorld use the molds by Castagna. I have added your findings to Julies SeaWorld topic.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roger wrote:

However, They are still few, before this thread there was only two figures listed on TAI and now they're 9 once Iused also Yvette pictures.

Roger, feel free to add also pictures from the other figures by SeaWorld on TAI.

Last edited by 75senta75 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 12:22 am

Thank you very much Andreas, Roger and Yvette sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Great walkaround of a great model cheers

I totally agree that the rough texture may not be completely accurate, but it is great work Wink

Thankyou for taking the TAI / Sea world up. Isn't it amazing how there keeps being brands that need to be worked on scratch

Also thankyou to Yvette for her contribution flower

costicuba

costicuba

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:10 am

Thank you dear Susanne :)

SeaWorld  Walrus Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Walrus   SeaWorld  Walrus Empty

Back to top Go down

SeaWorld Walrus
Page 1 of 1