Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 6:43 pm

For those of you living in the United States, Happy Hen Toys has some 2019 Papo figures available, including the hedgehog, manatee, kingfisher, dove, leopard seal, and a few others. I just ordered the manatee and kingfisher.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 8:37 pm

Good to know that the manatee in my wishlist finally starts to be available! I hope it soon arrive to European shops too :)

Schleich: 10
Papo: 9
Mojo Fun: 7
Kitan Club: 5
Safari LTD: 4
Kaiyodo: 3
CBIOV: 2
Nayab/Happy Kin: 2
Southland Replicas: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Natural History: 1
Bullyland: 1

Total: 87
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Has anyone seen this before?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A special edition/Limited Spinosaurus

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Has anyone seen this before?

A special edition/Limited Spinosaurus

It is discussed on page 2 but I am not sure we were aware it is a special edition. It is confirmed that it will be an expensive figure but it looks terriffic!

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 6:28 pm

I thought I saw its picture pop up on sts before but didn't find a separate topic. I didn't realize it was a special edition, in the US it's quite expensive. But I love spinosaurids so if I can I'll have to get it.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I thought I saw its picture pop up on sts before but didn't find a separate topic. I didn't realize it was a special edition, in the US it's quite expensive. But I love spinosaurids so if I can I'll have to get it.

If I was a collector of dinosaurs, I'd surely dream with this figure every night and I would surely not get my entire sanity back as long as I couldn't get it. The official picture doesn't show half of what we can see on videos. I wonder how it will look in real. Shocked

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 pm

I found a real picture of the new Spotted Hyena. It looks a bit better in reality. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:20 pm

I just can't wait to get that hyena bounce bounce

Thankyou for sharing Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 pm

I still think the fur effect is strange but overall it looks like a decent spotted hyena in person.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm

I'd love to see it from the front. At least to see the shape of the ears. Not saying it is a bad figure but not exciting either. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 am

yes, the paint still doesn't seem to match the head/ear morphology...
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm

I hope Papo will not follow the Collecta way with special painting for specimen of presentation and bad painting for specimens to sell (Grevy zebra, Amour leopard..)

Now, the biggest default is not the quality of the painting but the choice of its pattern: this beast is morphologicaly a stripped hyena with its sharp ears, too long muzzle, too short neck and big mane all the long of its back (covered with spots!) As stripped hyena, it's a rather good replica (once repainted with strippes of course!) and its why I'll by it as soon it will be possible, but according to me, it's a bad spotted hyena..
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 am

The paint job of Papo is getting worse and worse in recent years. The ocelot, lynx and running cheetah in last two years, this year the lioness, the hyena shown here and especially the zebra is speechlessly terrible, very disappointed.

The photos below gotten from website of China

Last edited by Seeway on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 am

What an ugly zebra! Looks like painted by a child Sad

Schleich: 10
Papo: 9
Mojo Fun: 7
Kitan Club: 5
Safari LTD: 4
Kaiyodo: 3
CBIOV: 2
Nayab/Happy Kin: 2
Southland Replicas: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Natural History: 1
Bullyland: 1

Total: 87
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3