Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!

Go down 
+40
Caracal
Tarunyada
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
sbell
normal fox
lucky luke
PeGe
pm64
SUSANNE
landrover
barracudacat
terrorchicken
spielgerg
AnimalKingdoms
Ana
Saltaperic
halichoeres
Duck-Anch-Amun
john2xtheman
arafan
SeanieP
Ludichris1
ze_neto
urbnvampslayer
Fossa
Tupolew Tu-154
Taos
Ravonium
Bloodrayne
widukind
NightLioness
LukaLeon085
VASILIS
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
WhiteLightning Wolf
Roger
Megaptera
zosenwoans
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 6:43 pm

For those of you living in the United States, Happy Hen Toys has some 2019 Papo figures available, including the hedgehog, manatee, kingfisher, dove, leopard seal, and a few others. I just ordered the manatee and kingfisher.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 8:37 pm

Good to know that the manatee in my wishlist finally starts to be available! I hope it soon arrive to European shops too :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Has anyone seen this before?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A special edition/Limited Spinosaurus

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Has anyone seen this before?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A special edition/Limited Spinosaurus

It is discussed on page 2 but I am not sure we were aware it is a special edition. It is confirmed that it will be an expensive figure but it looks terriffic!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 6:28 pm

I thought I saw its picture pop up on sts before but didn't find a separate topic. I didn't realize it was a special edition, in the US it's quite expensive. But I love spinosaurids so if I can I'll have to get it.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I thought I saw its picture pop up on sts before but didn't find a separate topic. I didn't realize it was a special edition, in the US it's quite expensive. But I love spinosaurids so if I can I'll have to get it.

If I was a collector of dinosaurs, I'd surely dream with this figure every night and I would surely not get my entire sanity back as long as I couldn't get it. The official picture doesn't show half of what we can see on videos. I wonder how it will look in real. Shocked

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 pm

I found a real picture of the new Spotted Hyena. It looks a bit better in reality. What do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:20 pm

I just can't wait to get that hyena bounce bounce

Thankyou for sharing Applause

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 pm

I still think the fur effect is strange but overall it looks like a decent spotted hyena in person.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm

I'd love to see it from the front. At least to see the shape of the ears. Not saying it is a bad figure but not exciting either. Thanks!

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 am

yes, the paint still doesn't seem to match the head/ear morphology...
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm

I hope Papo will not follow the Collecta way with special painting for specimen of presentation and bad painting for specimens to sell (Grevy zebra, Amour leopard..)

Now, the biggest default is not the quality of the painting but the choice of its pattern: this beast is morphologicaly a stripped hyena with its sharp ears, too long muzzle, too short neck and big mane all the long of its back (covered with spots!) As stripped hyena, it's a rather good replica (once repainted with strippes of course!) and its why I'll by it as soon it will be possible, but according to me, it's a bad spotted hyena..
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 am

The paint job of Papo is getting worse and worse in recent years. The ocelot, lynx and running cheetah in last two years, this year the lioness, the hyena shown here and especially the zebra is speechlessly terrible, very disappointed.

The photos below gotten from website of China

Last edited by Seeway on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 am

What an ugly zebra! Looks like painted by a child Sad

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 6:31 pm

it seems Papo has a big problem with Zebras since the beginning!..
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 6:51 am

Megaptera wrote:
I found a real picture of the new Spotted Hyena. It looks a bit better in reality. What do you think?

I think the figure is the worst Papo animal for 2019. Especially the legs are very unnatural... Old Safari or Mojo spotted hyenas are much better in every aspect. Step back for Papo, similar as the smilodon figure for the previous year.

I am not so strict to the new Papo zebra. The paint is average but do you remember the Papo zorse paint (strips)? I agree, zebras are not the strongest point for Papo but I think the new one is step forward for Papo (Safari and CollectA has much better zebras in the current range of course).
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:47 pm

I think the spotted hyena is a cross of a spotted and striped hyena--body looks like a striped as it goes up in the front, long thicker neck and the face and ears.

Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 5:45 pm

I just buy the Alpaca this afternoon, I don't know if it's really that great or if it's my love for this animal but I find the figure perfect ^^
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Neptune wrote:
I just buy the Alpaca this afternoon, I don't know if it's really that great or if it's my love for this animal but I find the figure perfect ^^

It would be great if you could show us photos. I'd be very interested.
Back to top Go down
Neptune

Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm

No problem, i'll do that tomorrow ;-) ( In the "walkarounds and reviews"? I'm still trying to find all the right places for everything in this forum Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Neptune wrote:

good to know; when I specialized in camels earlier this year I specifically held out for the Papo alpaca!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 9:08 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
What an ugly zebra! Looks like painted by a child Sad

gosh ! Before I read this,  I was just thinking : What a lovely zebra foal drunken ....Hmmm, eyes of the beholder  lol!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Neptune wrote:
No problem, i'll do that tomorrow ;-) ( In the "walkarounds and reviews"? I'm still trying to find all the right places for everything in this forum Embarassed )

Don't worry, - lots of us had/have that problem now and then Very Happy

I can't wait to see your picture bounce cheers Very Happy

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 9:55 pm

I recently bought Papo's new horned lizard online and I am very disappointed about the model's painting. I did not receive what the company's presentation picture promised. The painting of the received model is so bad compared to the model presented i catalogs and pictures in internet shops. Another thing: The model I received is not marked with Papo and production year etc. only batch number under one feet, and it also has the usual Papo tag.
I would like to know if anyone else have the same model, and do it have Papo's mark on its body somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 11:42 pm

I continue disliking the hyena. The ears at least are not as triangular as I thought. Though legs are quite unnatural as mentioned, the body do not drop as it happens in a spotted hyena and snout is clearly not strong enough.

Tove wrote:
I recently bought Papo's new horned lizard online and I am very disappointed about the model's painting. I did not receive what the company's presentation picture promised. The painting of the received model is so bad compared to the model presented i catalogs and pictures in internet shops. Another thing: The model I received is not marked with Papo and production year etc. only batch number under one feet, and it also has the usual Papo tag.
I would like to know if anyone else have the same model, and do it have Papo's mark on its body somewhere?

Not even where it was made? That's quite strange, I hope someone with another horned lizard can confirm it or maybe do you have a guy that escaped from quality control. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next