Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
JustC
Gwaine
Rhombo Eric
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhombo Eric

Rhombo Eric

Country/State : France, Brittany

Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   Empty
PostSubject: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 1:12 pm

I've just got this good news from Collecta:

"In the CollectA Horse World we are showing you a horse breed from the steppes regions of Russia where the Don River flows, simply called the “Russian Don” . Utilized originally as cavalry horses for the Cossacks, these horses are currently used for under-saddle work and driving."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 2:18 pm

She is very glossy ^^

Another new breed, way to go CollectA!!!!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
JustC

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Gwaine wrote:
She is very glossy ^^
Don horses are naturally a bit "glossy", they are supposed to have a certain golden shine when well cared for. I've seen it myself, it looks majestic. Kind of like this -

It's a shame this model has a dark mane, though. Don horses can be bay, black and even gray sometimes, but they are famous for their fiery chestnut color.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Not the most exciting model in terms of stance, but a very exciting breed!!!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Welcomming a new breed and a new member and both are Russian. Wink I am really glad for CollectA's breed choice, despite the current uses of this breed it is clearly a historical breed and sometimes figures are also educative in that way. About the color I don't know but the sculpt looks adjusted to what I can see googling online. If I ever get again some more horses for my collection, this one will be in my priorities together with the also Russian Orlov trotter by Mojö and sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska.
I even also have a name for this mare, I hope the Cossacks and Napoleon don't mind that I call it Josephine. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 9:47 am

This model is just perfect ( in my opinion) cheers

This is one of the rather rare occations, where my heart beats faster, seing a new model I love you cheers

JustC

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Roger wrote:
Welcomming a new breed and a new member and both are Russian. Wink  I am really glad for CollectA's breed choice, despite the current uses of this breed it is clearly a historical breed and sometimes figures are also educative in that way. About the color I don't know but the sculpt looks adjusted to what I can see googling online. If I ever get again some more horses for my collection, this one will be in my priorities together with the also Russian Orlov trotter by Mojö and sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska.
I even also have a name for this mare, I hope the Cossacks and Napoleon don't mind that I call it Josephine. Laughing

I'm not exactly new, Very Happy I've been reading this forum for five years now, just never posted anything.
As for Russian breeds, there are some interesting ones (Russian Riding and Vladimir Heavy Draft are especially distinct and beautiful), and I believe we desperately need a good model of Orlov Trotter. I have the one by Mojo, and it's just... ugh, no. Orlov Trotter, as the founder of this breed put it, "an Arab horse that is seen through a magnifying glass," they are very elegant, very graceful, with long swan-like neck. I wish Deborah McDermott discovered them one day, I think she can do justice to them.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Wow, major brands (with several excaptions, of course!) remember about existance of russian breeds!
Not the most impressive horse from Deborah, but still pretty nice. And so she is absolutely in my wishlist!

But can't say that I'd recognize her breed without title. I'm not really sure about dark mane and tail. All the don horses that I've ever seen had the same color of a mane and a tail as their the body has. scratch Suspect

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 2:07 am

JustC wrote:
Roger wrote:
Welcomming a new breed and a new member and both are Russian. Wink  I am really glad for CollectA's breed choice, despite the current uses of this breed it is clearly a historical breed and sometimes figures are also educative in that way. About the color I don't know but the sculpt looks adjusted to what I can see googling online. If I ever get again some more horses for my collection, this one will be in my priorities together with the also Russian Orlov trotter by Mojö and sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska.

I'm not exactly new, Very Happy I've been reading this forum for five years now, just never posted anything.
As for Russian breeds, there are some interesting ones (Russian Riding and Vladimir Heavy Draft are especially distinct and beautiful), and I believe we desperately need a good model of Orlov Trotter. I have the one by Mojo, and it's just... ugh, no. Orlov Trotter, as the founder of this breed put it, "an Arab horse that is seen through a magnifying glass," they are very elegant, very graceful, with long swan-like neck. I wish Deborah McDermott discovered them one day, I think she can do justice to them.

Yes, I can see you're a member already for a long time and I am glad you decided to start posting. I surely won't discuss about Anna and Deborah's works in a comparative way once I am a enthusiast of both. Maybe Mojö's Orlov trotter is not as sumptuous as the real animal but I think it is quite decent and share a similar quality to CollectA's Akhal-Teke that is probably the only Asian breed that Deborah featured. Essentially, I think it is quite meritory that Mojö Fun decided to introduce, so early in their range, an Russian breed, no other similar company did it before despite the extensive range of some of these companies. To be fair, I don't understand why breeds of the largest country of the world, with such an important rhole in the world and an interesting cavalry tradition, are so often neglected. We have this horse from CollectA, the Mojö Fun Orlove trotter, the Bullyland Russian Blue cat (historically very known because of the czars) and probably we have to search in minor companies to find a Russian wolfhound and so. Thus, Mojö Fun and CollectA will always have my admiration for being brave enough to introduce these two Russian breeds in the market. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, I can see you're a member already for a long time and I am glad you decided to start posting. I surely won't discuss about Anna and Deborah's works in a comparative way once I am a enthusiast of both. Maybe Mojö's Orlov trotter is not as sumptuous as the real animal but I think it is quite decent and share a similar quality to CollectA's Akhal-Teke that is probably the only Asian breed that Deborah featured. Essentially, I think it is quite meritory that Mojö Fun decided to introduce, so early in their range, an Russian breed, no other similar company did it before despite the extensive range of some of these companies. To be fair, I don't understand why breeds of the largest country of the world, with such an important rhole in the world and an interesting cavalry tradition, are so often neglected. We have this horse from CollectA, the Mojö Fun Orlove trotter, the Bullyland Russian Blue cat (historically very known because of the czars) and probably we have to search in minor companies to find a Russian wolfhound and so. Thus, Mojö Fun and CollectA will always have my admiration for being brave enough to introduce these two Russian breeds in the market. Very Happy

No, it's not about comparison, 'cause both ladies are absolutely brilliant - and both have some not so good models also, which is okay, we all can hit and miss sometimes. Btw, Anna's work seems to get better every year and it's a beautiful thing to watch, really. Smile
And you're right, Russian breeds are overlooked too often; although I remember some very old model of Vladimir Heavy Draft - Schleich's maybe?.. Dogs also need to be represented more, not only world-famous Russian wolfhound, but Caucasian Sheperd and Black Russian Terrier as well.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:58 pm

JustC wrote:
No, it's not about comparison, 'cause both ladies are absolutely brilliant - and both have some not so good models also, which is okay, we all can hit and miss sometimes. Btw, Anna's work seems to get better every year and it's a beautiful thing to watch, really. Smile  
And you're right, Russian breeds are overlooked too often; although I remember some very old model of Vladimir Heavy Draft - Schleich's maybe?.. Dogs also need to be represented more, not only world-famous Russian wolfhound, but Caucasian Sheperd and Black Russian Terrier as well.

I tend to agree with all but now I am quite curious about the Vladimir draft, I've never heard of such breed in toy shape but I'd love to know more about it. I am sure it is not one more Chapayev joke. Laughing Are you referring to the Schleich horse below, marketed just as heavy horse? Tell me more please! bounce

Schleich 13244 Heavy Horse  (2000)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Roger wrote:
I tend to agree with all but now I am quite curious about the Vladimir draft, I've never heard of such breed in toy shape but I'd love to know more about it. I am sure it is not one more Chapayev joke. Laughing Are you referring to the Schleich horse below, marketed just as heavy horse? Tell me more please! bounce

Schleich 13244 Heavy Horse  (2000)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have no idea, honestly, I've seen one picture ages ago (though I'm pretty sure it was here, on STS) but it was specifically "Vladimir Draft", not just any heavy horse. We need someone who knows old Schleich models very well, I guess.

And just look at this dapple bay. Outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 3:08 pm

JustC wrote:

I have no idea, honestly, I've seen one picture ages ago (though I'm pretty sure it was here, on STS) but it was specifically "Vladimir Draft", not just any heavy horse. We need someone who knows old Schleich models very well, I guess.

And just look at this dapple bay. Outstanding.

I thought it could be a marketing strategy of Schleich, selling that draft horse as a Vladimir in Russia. Though, now I believe I have found the topic where Sylobe shows one of her Schleich 13222 as a Vladimir.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you are referring to this topic, unfortunately this model was never marketed as a Vladimir but as a Shire instead. It is just Silvia that shows it as a Vladimir as her own choice once she tells it doesn't look as a Shire at all. study
By the way, the dapple bay you're showing is really beautiful! Very Happy

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 11:26 am

Really appreciate new breed, as far as I know it's very first representative of this breed in model horse world.
Its legs could be better defined – most of recent CollectA horses have quite thick legs.
The dark mane is odd, it looks kinda like wild bay more than chestnut.
And it is really a mare? Very Happy
(Most likely on my wishlist anyway)

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 am

I have a schleich I show as a Vladimir, one of the oldest heavy horses :)

About the color of this Don horse, well, in fact they are famous because of their bright chestnut coat but the most interesting thing is that among Don horses it´s common to see bright red body with dark mane, sometimes almost black in appearance. The reason is still unknown. So I really like this coat... I don´t know it this was pretended to be this way or it is just casuality, but the most distinctive color of Dun horses is this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 3:10 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
I have a schleich I show as a Vladimir, one of the oldest heavy horses :)

About the color of this Don horse, well, in fact they are famous because of their bright chestnut coat but the most interesting thing is that among Don horses it´s common to see bright red body with dark mane, sometimes almost black in appearance. The reason is still unknown. So I really like this coat... I don´t know it this was pretended to be this way or it is just casuality, but the most distinctive color of Dun horses is this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you for the info about typical colour, that's interesting. So it seems they did a good job when chose these colours to combine.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm

Very nice, this don mare

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Very nice, this don mare

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)   Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)
Page 1 of 1