Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

cheers santa Time for the suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of December. Click here cheers santa

Share | 
 

 Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhombo Eric

avatar

Country/State : France, Brittany
Age : 52
Joined : 2014-10-13
Posts : 94

PostSubject: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:12 pm

I've just got this good news from Collecta:

"In the CollectA Horse World we are showing you a horse breed from the steppes regions of Russia where the Don River flows, simply called the “Russian Don” . Utilized originally as cavalry horses for the Cossacks, these horses are currently used for under-saddle work and driving."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-08-18
Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:18 pm

She is very glossy ^^

Another new breed, way to go CollectA!!!!

_________________
Breyer: 27
Bullyland: 21
CollectA: 104
Papo: 45
Safari: 66
Mojo fun: 17
Playmobil: 92
Other: 195
~
schleich count: 894
~
Total: 1461

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com
JustC



Country/State : Russia
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-02-19
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
She is very glossy ^^
Don horses are naturally a bit "glossy", they are supposed to have a certain golden shine when well cared for. I've seen it myself, it looks majestic. Kind of like this -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a shame this model has a dark mane, though. Don horses can be bay, black and even gray sometimes, but they are famous for their fiery chestnut color.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 22
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4600

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Not the most exciting model in terms of stance, but a very exciting breed!!!

_________________
-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23292

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Welcomming a new breed and a new member and both are Russian. Wink I am really glad for CollectA's breed choice, despite the current uses of this breed it is clearly a historical breed and sometimes figures are also educative in that way. About the color I don't know but the sculpt looks adjusted to what I can see googling online. If I ever get again some more horses for my collection, this one will be in my priorities together with the also Russian [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Mojö and sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska.
I even also have a name for this mare, I hope the Cossacks and Napoleon don't mind that I call it Josephine. Laughing

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 66
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32390

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:47 am

This model is just perfect ( in my opinion) cheers

This is one of the rather rare occations, where my heart beats faster, seing a new model I love you cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
JustC



Country/State : Russia
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-02-19
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Welcomming a new breed and a new member and both are Russian. Wink  I am really glad for CollectA's breed choice, despite the current uses of this breed it is clearly a historical breed and sometimes figures are also educative in that way. About the color I don't know but the sculpt looks adjusted to what I can see googling online. If I ever get again some more horses for my collection, this one will be in my priorities together with the also Russian [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Mojö and sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska.
I even also have a name for this mare, I hope the Cossacks and Napoleon don't mind that I call it Josephine. Laughing

I'm not exactly new, Very Happy I've been reading this forum for five years now, just never posted anything.
As for Russian breeds, there are some interesting ones (Russian Riding and Vladimir Heavy Draft are especially distinct and beautiful), and I believe we desperately need a good model of Orlov Trotter. I have the one by Mojo, and it's just... ugh, no. Orlov Trotter, as the founder of this breed put it, "an Arab horse that is seen through a magnifying glass," they are very elegant, very graceful, with long swan-like neck. I wish Deborah McDermott discovered them one day, I think she can do justice to them.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Wow, major brands (with several excaptions, of course!) remember about existance of russian breeds!
Not the most impressive horse from Deborah, but still pretty nice. And so she is absolutely in my wishlist!

But can't say that I'd recognize her breed without title. I'm not really sure about dark mane and tail. All the don horses that I've ever seen had the same color of a mane and a tail as their the body has. scratch Suspect

_________________
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me,
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating.
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me,
'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23292

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Welcomming a new breed and a new member and both are Russian. Wink  I am really glad for CollectA's breed choice, despite the current uses of this breed it is clearly a historical breed and sometimes figures are also educative in that way. About the color I don't know but the sculpt looks adjusted to what I can see googling online. If I ever get again some more horses for my collection, this one will be in my priorities together with the also Russian [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Mojö and sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska.
I even also have a name for this mare, I hope the Cossacks and Napoleon don't mind that I call it Josephine. Laughing

I'm not exactly new, Very Happy I've been reading this forum for five years now, just never posted anything.
As for Russian breeds, there are some interesting ones (Russian Riding and Vladimir Heavy Draft are especially distinct and beautiful), and I believe we desperately need a good model of Orlov Trotter. I have the one by Mojo, and it's just... ugh, no. Orlov Trotter, as the founder of this breed put it, "an Arab horse that is seen through a magnifying glass," they are very elegant, very graceful, with long swan-like neck. I wish Deborah McDermott discovered them one day, I think she can do justice to them.

Yes, I can see you're a member already for a long time and I am glad you decided to start posting. I surely won't discuss about Anna and Deborah's works in a comparative way once I am a enthusiast of both. Maybe Mojö's Orlov trotter is not as sumptuous as the real animal but I think it is quite decent and share a similar quality to CollectA's Akhal-Teke that is probably the only Asian breed that Deborah featured. Essentially, I think it is quite meritory that Mojö Fun decided to introduce, so early in their range, an Russian breed, no other similar company did it before despite the extensive range of some of these companies. To be fair, I don't understand why breeds of the largest country of the world, with such an important rhole in the world and an interesting cavalry tradition, are so often neglected. We have this horse from CollectA, the Mojö Fun Orlove trotter, the Bullyland Russian Blue cat (historically very known because of the czars) and probably we have to search in minor companies to find a Russian wolfhound and so. Thus, Mojö Fun and CollectA will always have my admiration for being brave enough to introduce these two Russian breeds in the market. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JustC



Country/State : Russia
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-02-19
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yes, I can see you're a member already for a long time and I am glad you decided to start posting. I surely won't discuss about Anna and Deborah's works in a comparative way once I am a enthusiast of both. Maybe Mojö's Orlov trotter is not as sumptuous as the real animal but I think it is quite decent and share a similar quality to CollectA's Akhal-Teke that is probably the only Asian breed that Deborah featured. Essentially, I think it is quite meritory that Mojö Fun decided to introduce, so early in their range, an Russian breed, no other similar company did it before despite the extensive range of some of these companies. To be fair, I don't understand why breeds of the largest country of the world, with such an important rhole in the world and an interesting cavalry tradition, are so often neglected. We have this horse from CollectA, the Mojö Fun Orlove trotter, the Bullyland Russian Blue cat (historically very known because of the czars) and probably we have to search in minor companies to find a Russian wolfhound and so. Thus, Mojö Fun and CollectA will always have my admiration for being brave enough to introduce these two Russian breeds in the market. Very Happy

No, it's not about comparison, 'cause both ladies are absolutely brilliant - and both have some not so good models also, which is okay, we all can hit and miss sometimes. Btw, Anna's work seems to get better every year and it's a beautiful thing to watch, really. Smile
And you're right, Russian breeds are overlooked too often; although I remember some very old model of Vladimir Heavy Draft - Schleich's maybe?.. Dogs also need to be represented more, not only world-famous Russian wolfhound, but Caucasian Sheperd and Black Russian Terrier as well.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23292

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
No, it's not about comparison, 'cause both ladies are absolutely brilliant - and both have some not so good models also, which is okay, we all can hit and miss sometimes. Btw, Anna's work seems to get better every year and it's a beautiful thing to watch, really. Smile  
And you're right, Russian breeds are overlooked too often; although I remember some very old model of Vladimir Heavy Draft - Schleich's maybe?.. Dogs also need to be represented more, not only world-famous Russian wolfhound, but Caucasian Sheperd and Black Russian Terrier as well.

I tend to agree with all but now I am quite curious about the Vladimir draft, I've never heard of such breed in toy shape but I'd love to know more about it. I am sure it is not one more Chapayev joke. Laughing Are you referring to the Schleich horse below, marketed just as heavy horse? Tell me more please! bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich 13244 Heavy Horse  (2000)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JustC



Country/State : Russia
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-02-19
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I tend to agree with all but now I am quite curious about the Vladimir draft, I've never heard of such breed in toy shape but I'd love to know more about it. I am sure it is not one more Chapayev joke. Laughing Are you referring to the Schleich horse below, marketed just as heavy horse? Tell me more please! bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich 13244 Heavy Horse  (2000)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have no idea, honestly, I've seen one picture ages ago (though I'm pretty sure it was here, on STS) but it was specifically "Vladimir Draft", not just any heavy horse. We need someone who knows old Schleich models very well, I guess.

And just look at this dapple bay. Outstanding.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23292

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I have no idea, honestly, I've seen one picture ages ago (though I'm pretty sure it was here, on STS) but it was specifically "Vladimir Draft", not just any heavy horse. We need someone who knows old Schleich models very well, I guess.

And just look at this dapple bay. Outstanding.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I thought it could be a marketing strategy of Schleich, selling that draft horse as a Vladimir in Russia. Though, now I believe I have found the topic where Sylobe shows one of her Schleich 13222 as a Vladimir.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you are referring to this topic, unfortunately this model was never marketed as a Vladimir but as a Shire instead. It is just Silvia that shows it as a Vladimir as her own choice once she tells it doesn't look as a Shire at all. study
By the way, the dapple bay you're showing is really beautiful! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)    

Back to top Go down
 
Collecta 2019: HORSES - 88847 - Russian Don Mare - Bright Chestnut (88847)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» COLLECTA 2016: HORSES -British Spotted Pony Mare Chestnut Leopard (88750)
» CollectA 2014: HORSES - Lusitano Mare Bay & Grey Variations (88693 + 88694)
» COLLECTA 2015: HORSES - Knabstrupper Mare Black Leopard (88720)
» CollectA wishes for 2019
» Collecta figures to be discontinued in 2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA-
Jump to: