Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus

Go down 
+4
arafan
Tupolew Tu-154
Roger
ze_neto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus Empty
PostSubject: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 11:26

Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus 119
Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus 214
Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus 313
Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus 13-80510

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 13:45

A dunkleosteus is not a very original choice for a prehistoric fish but this comment serves to most of the brands that released it in the last years. Whilst the color of the caiuajara do not result very attractive to me, these of the dunkleosteus seem very promising. I really like it, make the animal looks more like a fish and not as an armoured submarine. It has an organic feeling to it although I can't judge how accurate it is. I am glad Mojö is expanding their prehistoric range revealing two non dinosaurs neither prehistoric mammals.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 14:14

Very strange mouth, but I do not have any model from prehistoric series, so do not want to judge it to much... scratch
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 15:06

I did like its features (what you called, with uncanny precision, "organic feeling"). But I ask myself: dunkleosteus was a top predator, would'nt it make more sense with discrete colors? I mean, fish can see it from miles, I think it'd starve to death.

Roger wrote:
A dunkleosteus is not a very original choice for a prehistoric fish but this comment serves to most of the brands that released it in the last years. Whilst the color of the caiuajara do not result very attractive to me, these of the dunkleosteus seem very promising. I really like it, make the animal looks more like a fish and not as an armoured submarine. It has an organic feeling to it although I can't judge how accurate it is. I am glad Mojö is expanding their prehistoric range revealing two non dinosaurs neither prehistoric mammals.

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 15:32

Nice ^^
But why now all brands this creature? Where is the innovation?

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 15:54

The paintjob reminds me on a Salmon.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 17:24

I think it looks AMAZING ! cheers
Well done Mojo team Applause Applause Applause
If the real model looks like that , it will be really cool :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018, 20:42

ze_neto wrote:
I did like its features (what you called, with uncanny precision, "organic feeling"). But I ask myself: dunkleosteus was a top predator, would'nt it make more sense with discrete colors? I mean, fish can see it from miles, I think it'd starve to death.

I haven't considered the plausibility of the color in my comment, I was just telling how pleasant it looks to me and highlighting the fact that it shows some difference with other renditions. Though, your question is very pertinent and maybe I am not knowledgeable enough to discuss it. However, dunkleosteus may be a top predator but quite different from a megalodon. It was a slow moving animal and maybe the ability of opening quicly the moth was its best predating feature. Thus, suction feeding may be one of its main technics. There are lots of predating fish using this technic and with vibrant colors. I believe also it have preyed ammonites and I doubt the sight was their main strength. I don't find these colors impossible but as I told, your question is very intringuing. Very Happy

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptySat 17 Nov 2018, 15:37

Quote :
Very strange mouth, but I do not have any model from prehistoric series, so do not want to judge it to much...

Actually, your observation is correct. The real Dunkleosteus had sharpened plates instead of teeth. This is an interesting model, but I prefer the Favorite version. That one just looks so much more sleek and predatory than most of the others.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptySat 17 Nov 2018, 16:38

Indeed a pleasant looking model cheers

As always Roger nows how to express what we feel, - this is not a "submarine", but a fish Laughing

This one will certainly join my collection , - if just I can get hold of it Wink

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus EmptySat 17 Nov 2018, 23:05

I have to say, I love this species. The mouth plates look a tad strange on this figure, but not enough to prevent me from getting it. As far as green goes, I won't speak for all fish since I'm not sure, but modern sharks for instance see in shades of green. So at least from a shark point of view this guy would blend in great with the surrounding water and camoflage.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus   Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2019 Dunkleosteus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: