Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

You can choose the STS 2019 Banner HERE

Share | 

Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood

Go down 
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Last weekend i got a leaflet in my mail box. In that little paper i have seen a discounter in my near will sale small plastic animals soon. This soon started today. I found a few tubes with different animals in topics like farm, pets , wildlife. One of these i have seen in the prospect was "Endangered animals".

Today after work i went to this discounter, it is very near from my home. I was curious.

And than, boommmm, the "Endangered animals" tube was very very special and exactly what i want and like.

In this tube are animal figurines very new as figurines and very very special and not common species.

But not very detailed. And the figurine that i give in a trade (because i was thinking that i can get that figurine again) was not available:(

You are curious now too?

More informations soon :)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You are curious now too?

Yes!

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:14 am

Yes :O
when someting intersting is available in Germany, maybe I´ve a chancde to get it also here in Luxembourg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:00 am

Photos!!! XD

Very curious, because we all know how big of a species collector you are.
And when you are excited about new species, it is good for all of us Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:31 am

Finding locally figures of unusual species? Considering that it is your collection we are talking about, it may be something completely surprising. Looking forward to see what you've found. bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Sorry that i will hold the curiousity until my next zoo news Wink than i will share pics.

But i will say a little more the next days. They have more Nayab style (small figurines), not very detailed- a little oldschool.

2 figurines are wrong named and the so most common. If they are right named only one of them is knowing by a Major brand, but the figure dont looks as htat.
3 of the species was produced by one major brand and very special species with only 1 figur before. But one of the new figurines dont looks very good and a other figurine have the wrong colour, so it could be a other specie (and so the first figur)
1 specie is knowing by a vintage brand and by a small modern brand (but very rare and retired)
Also 1 specie is only knowing as figurine before by a vintage brand.
The next specie (but not very good detailed) is only knowing by a cheap chinese figurine before. But brothers exists much more.
4 of the named species dont exists as figurine before.

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Sorry that i will hold the curiousity until my next zoo news Wink  than i will share pics........

OHHH, YOU ARE SO CRUEL !!!! bounce bounce bounce Suspect Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Sorry that i will hold the curiousity until my next zoo news Wink  than i will share pics........

OHHH, YOU ARE SO CRUEL !!!! bounce bounce bounce Suspect Laughing

Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Cool Laughing Laughing

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:39 pm

It sounds like a game and if it was not so late I'd try to guess. Fortunately I could find an excuse before getting completely puzzled. affraid

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:23 am

It sounds like a game and if it was not so late I'd try to guess. Fortunately I could find an excuse before getting completely puzzled. affraid

Not a game, only to hold the curiousity :)

And it is not the only "never seen here before" set in my next zoo news. :)

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:50 am

I´m so excited Very Happy

Last edited by Duck-Anch-Amun on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:52 am

Andreas, perhaps I know what you mean. Send you PM. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 am

For anybody who is interested, let me know :)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 am

There are 2 antelopes inside:

A Saiga and a Addax (very simple)

There are available on Aldi Nord

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Will you show them in this topic or only in your Zoo news? A saiga and an addax are really unusual figures to be made as simple toys. :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:39 am

Will you show them in this topic or only in your Zoo news? A saiga and an addax are really unusual figures to be made as simple toys. :)

In my zoo news and where ever you want :)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:24 pm

There is also a simple davids deer (simple figure) and a wild ass (written is african but the colour looks more like a asian wild ass)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:00 am

As far as I was informed, the Aldi Nord toys brand is called Playland and they have sets of pets, farm, dinosaurs, wild animals, ponies and the Endangered Animals you mention here. I'd love to see how these figures compare to other brands. If they are tube sized maybe you could show how it compares with a Play Visions or so. Considering the extra interest of the Endangered Animals set, we could "dissect" it and eventually list them on Toy Animal Wiki. Idea Some of the species you mentioned we only find in Starlux or CollectA that are brands with a unusually diversified range.

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:39 pm

As far as I was informed, the Aldi Nord toys brand is called Playland and they have sets of pets, farm, dinosaurs, wild animals, ponies and the Endangered Animals you mention here. I'd love to see how these figures compare to other brands. If they are tube sized maybe you could show how it compares with a Play Visions or so. Considering the extra interest of the Endangered Animals set, we could "dissect" it and eventually list them on Toy Animal Wiki. Idea Some of the species you mentioned we only find in Starlux or CollectA that are brands with a unusually diversified range.

That are tube size figurines, and 4 new species. No other brand have made them before.

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Inside are 2 canids a red wolf and a island grey fox :)

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Any chance they have anymore of the tube with the red wolf and island grey fox? bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] DeviantART: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Instagram: _whitelightning_wolf_
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitelightning-wolf.deviantart.com
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Any chance they have anymore of the tube with the red wolf and island grey fox? bounce

I have a few more tubes for trades :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Oh, I never expected to see an Island grey fox, I thought no brand knew it existed. Even if it is just a random fox marketed as that species, it is already quite surprising. Well, I believe the Island criter already know my address. Laughing Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:28 am

Oh, I never expected to see an Island grey fox, I thought no brand knew it existed. Even if it is just a random fox marketed as that species, it is already quite surprising. Well, I believe the Island criter already know my address. Laughing Wink

I think so Wink

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 pm

The next 2 figurines are a

long beaked (but not with a long beak) echidna and a sumatran rhino (but thats a white rhino)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 pm

The next 2 figurines are a

long beaked (but not with a long beak) echidna  and a sumatran rhino (but thats a white rhino)

What happens often with these tubes is that no new moulds are made. They just choose from the portfolio of the Chinese manufacturer, those figures that already exist and that match better the list of animals desired by the final seller. Aldi was ambitious and maybe some molds could be saved with the painting but others not. I haven't seen it but I believe the fox is a regular fox painted with the Island fox colors and the wolf probably a grey wolf red painted. Painting cannot stretch beaks unfortunately. Laughing

Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:26 pm

After seeing some photos of these tubes I believe the manufacturer is actually 'Joy City'. I recognized many of the figures from the farm and dinosaur tubes are already in my collection. (And marked 'Joy City')

Nonetheless, I am still excited to see the endangered animals tube as that is the only one I haven't seen before. And weather the animals represent their said species or not or represent a species already made or not, they are all unique and special enough for me to add to my collection. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] DeviantART: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Instagram: _whitelightning_wolf_
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitelightning-wolf.deviantart.com
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:29 am

Pictures will come saturday

Fallon, yes the same like Joy City, but these figurines are not marked. But Aldi have own brands. The molds are new i think but cheap :)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:51 am

There are also a bamboo lemur (but with a ringtailed lemur tail) and a pied tamarin.

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Tomorrow will come my next zoo news.

The last 2 species inside are a Tamaraw and a pygmy hog

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:18 am

Zoo news updated

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood   

Back to top Go down

Sometimes if you got a leaflet of a discouter and than a surprising treasure in your neighbourhood
Page 1 of 1