Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:03 pm

I came up with this topic as a second thought. I didn't think it would win! LOL. But, here we are!

This SUY focuses on creatures of the deep sea, or the abyssopelagic zone (below 4000 m). There have been a good number of figures of creatures of the deep. Safari LTD and AAA have especially been prolific in this area.

I will only be presenting the arthropods, but there are lots of mollusk, worm, tunicate, and fish figures as well, so please show yours.

Here are my arthropods (these first pics of cut and paste from Bug of the Day and are not all; I will add others later but this will get us started):

Giant deep-sea isopods in the genus Bathynomus. Unless otherwise indicated, I am assuming unidenfied species represent B. giganteus.

I. Bathynomus doederleini.

A. Kaiyodo (Enoshima Aquarium).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

B. Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour (Gusokumushi and Oogusokumushi Set).
These are three representatives of the same species from the same set. I assume the pale one is teneral.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

II. Bathynomus giganteus.

A. Life-sized (or nearly so).
One figure, from an unknown manufacturer.

B. Larger figures, but not life-sized.
1. Nihon Auto Toy
2. Nature Techni Colour (Gusokumushi and Oogusokumushi Set)

3. Ikimon - Nature Techni Colour (Deep Sea Creatures 2) [same sculpt as the Gusokumushi and Oogusokumushi Set figure, above; added 7/24/2017]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

C. Smaller figures.
1. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Residents of the Abyss)
2. Colorata (Deep Sea Creatures)
3. Safari LTD (Deep Sea Creatures TOOB)
4. Nihon Auto Toy
5. Kaiyodo (Deep Sea Life)
6. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Shinkaizoku)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/u]

The giant Japanese spider crab, Macrocheira kaempferi.

A. Japanese manufacturers
1. Epoch
2. Colorata (Deep Sea Creatures)
3. Yujin (Shrimps and Crabs Collection)

1. Kaiyodo (Choco Q Animatales)
2. Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour (Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan)
3. Kaiyodo (Enoshima Aquarium)
4. Kaiyodo (Sandai Aquarium)

B. Other figures.
1. Chap Mei (Animal Planet)
2. Play Visions (Habitat Earth: Crabs)

The hydrothermal vent squat lobster, Shinkaia crosnieri.

Just one figure of this unusual species, by Colorata (Deep Sea Creatures).

The benthic Yunohana crab, Gandalfus yunohana.

One figure, by Colorata (Deep Sea Creatures).

The first amphipod figure ever made, well to my knowledge, the deep-sea pram bug, Phronima sedentaria. This unique figure is made by Ikimon Co. (formerly, Kitan Club) - Nature Techni Colour (Deep Sea Creatures).

The giant deep-sea ostracod, Gigantocypris agassizii.

Two figures, both by Ikimon - Nature Techni Colour (Deep Sea Creatures, 1 and 2).

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AAA Thaumatichtys axelii (Danglefish)

AAA Anglerfish

AAA Lanternfish
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:40 pm

And here is the blister card of my AAA Anglerfish.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Interesting figurines here

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:28 pm

I have to study it well to check if I have any figure that could be displayed here. Though, it is wonderful to see that these illusive creatures received the atention of some companies. It is like a trip to another planet. cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 pm

AAA - Dragon Fish
AAA - Bat Fish
Chap Mei - Viperfish

The fantasy Monster Fish from HASBRO
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:06 pm

This is a cool topic! Lots of isopods and spider crabs.

I also wasn't familiar with this series of AAA deep sea fishes. Despite their identification, that "lanternfish" is definitely a barreleye (Opisthoproctidae).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:24 am

It won't be easy to choose a Miss Universe this year considering these last candidats. Wonderful indeed! flower Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Amazing models !!! They are so different from most we know better, - but I suppose they think the same about us Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Yesterday at 8:48 pm

Here are my deep ocean fishes from Safari's "Creatures of the Deep" series, which was part of the Incredible Cretures, at least in the 2003-catalogue .
They are marked 1997, and I think they are rather hard to find.

I still miss the beautyful [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. silent

Black Dragonfish

Gulper-eel

Hatchetfish

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Black Loosejaw.
Black loosejaw

They are supposed to be Glow-in-the-dark, but only my harchetfish glows Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   Yesterday at 10:16 pm

Applause Oh they are so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!   

Back to top Go down

SUY - December 2018: Creatures of the Abyss!
Page 1 of 1