Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Walkaround - Arabian horse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

Walkaround - Arabian horse Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround - Arabian horse   Walkaround - Arabian horse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 9:22 am

Hi again!

Now it's time to the arabian horse.

As I wrote in the other topic (see hannoverian horse) I bought this one few months ago and now it is time to show him to everyone here in the forum.

I think Arabian horse is one of the weakers figurine in Recur collection. I think this is a same, because breds as arabian or andalusian (the other one which I think is not as good as it should be) are "must it" breds for any brand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see, the position of the animal is quite strange. I have to admit that it doesn't mean it is bad. We have hundreds of horse models and trying to do something new is always welcome. But, for this model, I'm not sure what the horse is doing.

You can also notice that the horse doesn't look like and arabian horse. At least, not the "show" arabian we all have in mind. Although the head is small, it hasn't got the classic arabian head. And the neck is quite wide for this bred. The coat (chestnut) I think is maybe a bit risky, but it is find anyway.

The animal has some marks in his legs. These marks are fine, giving a "colour touch" to one model which is a bit monochromatic. As we see in other Recur models, the braids are pasted to the neck, using the same colour. Here also you can see the weird position the horse takes, with a strange angle.

I don't know why, but this horse is angry. I put him in a different paddock, staying alone. I don't want to have any accident with other horses Smile

Bad bad bad... horrible marks in the legs. And I'm afraid if legs won't be able to break away in the future...

As I wrote in the hannoverian post, I'd like to stay the animals in their plastic bases to conserve them better. Here you can see that the horse can stay on his own but the balance is a bit precarious. One hoof is in the air and, other (the one which is making a diagonal) is not 100% touching the floor. Here also you can see the ugly and horrible glue marks.

I took this picture because I think it could help to see the Recur size. These horses are just a bit smaller than Classic Breyers. Here you can see the Recur (second) with a Papo TB foal (first animal) Breyer Classic (third) and Secretariat Breyer Traditional (forth)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Arabian horse   Walkaround - Arabian horse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 am

Looks very large

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Arabian horse   Walkaround - Arabian horse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 8:45 pm

The comparison picture is really useful but the horse figure is surely not as nice as the Hanoverian. I could not even guess it is an Arabian even considering this is one of the easiest breeds to be identified. I also agree that the pose lacks elegance and turn the figure slightly less appealing. I want to thank you a lot for demonstrating these figures in such a rich way. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Arabian horse   Walkaround - Arabian horse EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 4:33 am

Again a very interesting and well done presentation !!! cheers

The model is not too appealing, but there are intereting points :

For instance, she ( he?) is going a pacey gait !
In the old days, Arabian horses were actually sometimes going pace/amble. But like most other breeds, this was bread out of them, when elegance became more important than strength and stamnia.
The days when a man's life could depend on his horse, it was great that the horse could use these gaits for instance in heavy sand, where a high trot would just exhaust both horse and rider.

The head is also the old fashioned kind, where there was plenty of room for breathing, unlike the terribly mis-shapen heads we see these days Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Arabian horse   Walkaround - Arabian horse Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround - Arabian horse
Page 1 of 1