Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cscshop2013

Country/State : Hampshire, England

Brand Identification topic Empty
PostSubject: Can you help identify these old lead animals.   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi
New to the site.
I was wondering if anyone could identify any of these old lead animals for me. Especially the Donkeys (they both have 'Made in ............. Unreadable on belly in very small writing.)
The larger brown chicken is quite solid.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks.
Nick

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:40 pm

I know next to nothing about the old lead models, but those are wonderful drunken

WOW ! That donkey drunken
I love the poultry also, - why can't modern brands make any interesting poultry ? Suspect

Congratulations with such lovely finds cheers

Cscshop2013

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi
Many thanks.
Nick
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:56 pm

Hello Nick and welcome! Very Happy
I am editing your posts to make them show pictures in a larger size. I think you're not using the correct code and it makes them show like thumbnails. :)
Knowing how much Susanne love donkeys, I am sure she will search for it during next hours. Laughing
I also can't help, googled some from British brands but none matches yours, our hope is that Dave can identify it for you. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cscshop2013

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:13 am

Hi Roger, many thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 3:49 am

Unfortunately I am never any help when it comes to identifying figurines, but these are lovely! Very Happy I hope that someone is able to help you bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:57 am

Very nice but i cant help

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:12 pm

Many thanks. These aren't part of my collection as I collect certain Lead Britains Soldiers. The only animals I don't let go are ducks. Though this collection of ducks is mainly from when I was a baby and 2of them have travelled the world with me. I will put them on a post soon. The animals above came with collections I have bought to get the soldiers. They will be for sale soon but I try and identify them first. I enjoy the researching part more but these have evaded me....
Back to top Go down
Cscshop2013

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi
Have a Snow Tiger by Schleich but what do the numbers mean on its belly? I presume '07 is year? Looked online for this one but only found a few an they weren't informative. Many thanks in advance. Nick. Also is it rare?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 pm

The tiger's number is 14382. You are right, '07 is the year he was made. Smile

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 pm

The chocolate-brown cow and horse are 'OO Gauge' Crescent figures for model railway layouts, i think one or two of the larger ones may be Crescent too, but you'll have to wait for Dave or Chris to have a look! I also recognise the dog at the front but can't remember what he came with!

The flatter ones in the middle-ground look like home casts?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Cscshop2013

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Many thanks LeeAnn and smallscaleworld.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Unknown Vintage-like figures, buffalo, deer, warthog, donkey etc.    Brand Identification topic EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 2:50 am

I found these at an antique store while visiting my sister a while back. A few of theme appear to be like train set models or Christmas/holiday décor? Anyways, the buffalo, boars, and donkey are marked as Rae and made in Hong Kong, the bear is marked as made in hong kong, and the rest are a mystery. I was just curious if anyone knew a brand or what they may be for? (i.e. decorations model train scenery animals etc. I may be interested in getting rid of some if anyone finds them interesting, but I think I want to keep the small stags and deer in the first pic for my ertl farm set.

these are really fragile like plastic, kind of like the old style they used for holiday décor.

these are the same, but obviously their style is cartoony so I have no idea what they may be.

The doves/pigeons are the same plastic described above, the pheasant is more like your "normal" ertl plastic (if anyone is familiar with their chickens from their playsets), the frogs are ward rubbery plastic, the turtles are ceramic, and the rest is slightly more substantial plastic, sort of like a safari toob but obviously a little different.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. These were an impulse buy just because I was curious and I hope I can figure out what these guys are.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 5:14 am

No idea but interesting catches Paige :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:29 am

Great and interesting find, - I love to see that kind of impulse-shopping cheers
Arrrh, those doves, - and the deer in the first picyure are lovely Very Happy

The donkey looks like the Britains donkey...maybe a copy ?

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Warthogs and bisons are Prior models Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Thanks Kiki, Susanne and Andreas! Wow, the buffalo and warthogs are from the 1960s! affraid Thanks for the info. And possibly a britains copy... I checked the company RAE on the Toy animal wiki but the donkey and bear there aren't the same models. However the models on the website are from the 1970s. Thanks guys for the help, but does anyone know if they are valuable at all? (I'm not a money grubber, but I don't really collect this type of thing and would open to a trade or something if someone were interested, the only things I'm really interested in keeping are the doves, and small stags/deer and maybe a bison and warthog if no one is interested). Anyways, thanks again for the help guys! Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 1:06 pm

I do not know what RAE is, so I can't check scratch

Anyway, I grab the opportunity to show my two beloved Britains donkeys :

The grey one is from my childhood, and has the impressive name : "Donkey" Laughing As you can see, he is so played with that there is no structure left on his sides Laughing
The brown one is marked 1970, but I think the grey one is older ?

Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Those are great donkeys! Thanks for showing them Susanne. And RAE apparently is a brand, but there isnt much on the wiki about them.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:14 pm

RAE and Prior I think used the same molds - they are Hong Kong maker and in the US many were sold bagged in pairs as a gasoline give away item, the ARCO Noah's Ark series. Buffalo and warthogs are definitely that. The red goat looks like it might be MPC brand.

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 7:20 am

Thanks Tim, its great to have an idea how they sold (as twins). And that explains the Rae models a little more too, since the animal wiki doesn't have much info on them. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Oryx7557

Oryx7557

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: can anyone tell me what these animals are made by ??? / bears set    Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 1:16 pm

so i got theses today of my local buy an sell online shop an i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what these are i know the lions are aaa but what are the birds an the bear set ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Maybe Play Visions or some Safari LTD toob for the bears??

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:30 pm

I am not sure about the brand for the bears.
I have 4 of those, but none are marked.

Andreas just recently send me this ebay add:

Here on STS we have a topic on the PV bears.
They look a bit diferent i think

On the other hand, the Safari ltd toob animals a lot lot smaller.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 5:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
so i got theses today of my local buy an sell online shop an i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what these are i know the lions are aaa but what are the birds an the bear set ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a bit hard to tell from the size of the birds, but the toucan looks similar to the one sold on Tapirback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Bears could be PEC , birds could be Nayab :) ( i am sure for the Toucan)

Oryx7557

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 1:44 am

thank you all for your help i was thinking some sort of safari ltd toob but i could not find anything on that so maybe something els an thank you anreas for the help on the birds i guess il have to wait til they arive to see if they are marked Very Happy thank you every one for the help cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Oryx7557

Oryx7557

PostSubject: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:43 am

Isn't it also marked with TM inside of an oval or circle? You always find so many interesting figures. :)
is just marked 1988 made in china but it looks an feels to nice to just be a china made leopard ? an ye there seems to be alot of interesting animals in new zealand cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: An other group of unknown models.   Brand Identification topic EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi,

I don't know these models. Does anybody know their size and brand?
Thank You Very Happy

Search list: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
hawkins_zh

hawkins_zh

Country/State : China Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:19 am

Chinese local model, no brand. Small size like Japanese model.

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:38 am

Those are Hongshao models. Wink

They are a bit smaller than Schleich but bigger than Japanese models.

Here are the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] walkarounds.

There is a topic about this brand but I can't find it  cyclops

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:43 am

Interesting stuff :)

Noémi

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 11:44 am

Thank You for the info. So they are not fit to my collection as Eikoh models. :/

Search list: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
Oryx7557

Oryx7557

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:32 am

so idk but i belive this is a sumatran rhino dose anyone know anything about it ?? is marked with jaru china i found it in a flee marked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:34 am

so idk but i belive this is a sumatran rhino dose anyone know anything about it ?? is marked with jaru china i found it in a flee marked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cant help, but what you want to know? I think Jaru is the brand :)

Oryx7557

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:50 am

Cant help, but what you want to know? I think Jaru is the brand :)
haha lol! it was right in front of me the whole time thank you widukind i belive it is ja-ru toys comes from a polly bag i just found :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:28 am

Yes, JaRu is surely the brand and Sumatran rhino is a good guess. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 am

I got any time ago this coloured fish from Froggie. Now i found out it is a Blue-girdled angelfish, Pomacanthus navarchus- for the specie list. But this figurine isnt marked, also no made in ..... I think it is more a modern brand (no vintage) because the material is a little softer as Schleich etc. Have anybody more informations. It is a beautieful figurine and so it could be possible the makers have more nice stuff.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu May 26, 2016 2:47 am

It is indeed a great fish toy, I love the colors. Unfortunately, I can't help for the brand.

By the way, you have this Seehorse in your collection. It is maybe a YUJIN but is not the "Primary color saltwater fish Book 1" Seahorse.

Someone could help? Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu May 26, 2016 5:18 am

It is indeed a great fish toy, I love the colors. Unfortunately, I can't help for the brand.

By the way, you have this Seehorse  in your collection. It is maybe a YUJIN but is not the "Primary color saltwater fish Book 1" Seahorse.

Someone could help?  Very Happy

It is from the zodiac serie :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:17 am

Thank you cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:21 pm

You are welcome :)

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Back in March I got this tiny diorama with eating/drinking pigs. It's made out of really hard, unbendable plastic and is only marked 'Italy'. Does anyone know which brand this could be?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:47 am

I really wished to be of help but I tried to google it using italian words and it is incredible that we can't find anything. Italy is basically a world of Nativity figures and it outshines everything. Surely the Italy marking will guide you, soon or later, to a brand. pig

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:17 am

Julie, i cant help but it is really really interesting to see more :)

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 4:50 pm

I really wished to be of help but I tried to google it using italian words and it is incredible that we can't find anything. Italy is basically a world of Nativity figures and it outshines everything. Surely the Italy marking will guide you, soon or later, to a brand. pig

Julie, i cant help but it is really really interesting to see more :)

Thanks both for trying anyway! I'll let you know whenever I find something. Hopefully one of our Italian members will be of any help Smile

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 6:27 pm

I came across a lot of plastic animals on eBay USA (I don't know why I bother looking anyway because of the shipping costs T.T ), when I noticed these two little horses.. Can someone tell me what brand they are? It's about the pinto-ish (bottom left) and the heavy horse (upper left)

Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:17 am

It's about the pinto-ish (bottom left) and the heavy horse (upper left)

Battat Tera (from US Target stores).

About the Italy brand. In the same set belongs a pair of beautiful swans, some chickens, goats, sheep, geese (i think). But i could never find anything online.

At the oportunity...who made these horses?

WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 4:47 pm

I recently got this lovely composition fox but after a lot of research, I have not found any info on what brand he is. I even put the names that were included in the listing title in the search bar in hopes of finding out who made him. He distantly reminds me of a Marolin but not quite. The seller was confident that he was from the 1920's or 30's era but I am not so sure. Other than the cracks in the paint job from age, he's in fantastic shape for being so old. Does anyone have any info on his maker? I'm super curious about this guy.

Here he is in relation with my other composition foxes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] DeviantART: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Instagram: _whitelightning_wolf_
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitelightning-wolf.deviantart.com
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 4:50 pm

It's about the pinto-ish (bottom left) and the heavy horse (upper left)

Battat Tera (from US Target stores).

About the Italy brand. In the same set belongs a pair of beautiful swans, some chickens, goats, sheep, geese (i think). But i could never find anything online.

At the oportunity...who made these horses?

Thank you very much! I even own some Battat figurines, but I didn't know they made such lovely horses.

Thanks for showing your Italy figurines as well! Very intersting scratch I hope we can find out what brand they are!

Sorry, can't help you with the horses D:

@Fallon: lovely fox I love you Can't help you with identification though, sorry!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next