Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+74
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Stripedhyena
sunny
Babdo
Hippocollector
Morek
Phexedrine
goatherder
Leoo Past
thebritfarmer
Jill
spor
MansoBoricua
Paleochris
spacelab
ikessauro
halichoeres
Neptune
HeartHorses
George
NandO
Bowhead Whale
Roy-Swetsie
Farm collector
Bonnie
castlerigg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Mitsukuni
Steve170
mest
Pardofelis
angtyson97
landrover
bmathison1972
Taos
Sylvius
elephas_maximus
JRoberto
Ana
WhiteLightning Wolf
AlienMantis
hawkins_zh
Noémi
WILLYBACOMAN
Rhamphorhynchus
sbell
Tarunyada
Ice_twin
Oryx7557
widukind
Wilorvise
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
Tiermann
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Cscshop2013
smallscaleworld
pipsxlch
costicuba
farmerguy
QuollMate
schleich61
LeeAnn
blackdanter
DaveScriv
Jennypurr
Chris Sweetman
Roger
jarda
75senta75
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Brand Identification topic - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 4:42 pm

What a beautyful, beautyful Bluespotted stingray Applause
Great find cheers

Hmm, the mark is a big S with some Chinese signs around, isn't it ?
Sorry, I have no idea what brand it is scratch scratch

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 4:52 pm

A next interesting chinese company that we dont know

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Karin, I think you've found something really unusual. First, the figure is beautiful and it is incredible that nobody knows it even if it is clearly marked. We are good identifying at STS, so it may surely be a rare and unknown brand. scratch

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 5:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a beautyful, beautyful Bluespotted stingray Applause
Great find cheers

Hmm, the mark is a big S with some Chinese signs around, isn't it ?
Sorry, I have no idea what brand it is scratch scratch

Ha! Now I know the species too, thank you Susanne Very Happy cheers

Yes, and kind of S with lots of Chinese/Japanese sings around it.
The hard part is, there is some kind of tiny text underneath the S with signs, but my eyes are so bad, I can not read it!

The letters SWCN are, I think, the initials of the brand? I have no idea...

widukind wrote:
A next interesting chinese company that we dont know

Indeed! Kind of dives me nuts somehow tho XD

Roger wrote:
Karin, I think you've found something really unusual.
First, the figure is beautiful and it is incredible that nobody knows it even if it is clearly marked.
We are good identifying at STS, so it may surely be a rare and unknown brand. scratch

I think so too! I wanted to trade it at first, but now the mystery is so big, I want to keep it XD
It is indeed clearly marked, it has a meaning, but what and who?
I could not find anything on TAI o.0 So it is a big mystery!

Sylvius

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Help Identifying an Old Tortoise Figurine?   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to make this inquiry, but I could really use some help identifying this little guy. We found him in my grandmother's house many, many years back and he's been sitting in my animal figurine collection ever since. It's clear that he's an old model, but I had assumed that he was some random off-brand toy until recently when I read the fine print on his belly. It's hard to see, but it says "Schleich" in that little circle and "W.Germany" under his front leg. My research has turned up nothing so I thought that maybe you guys can help. Could he be a really old Schleich figurine?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Welcome here :)

I think it is the Schleich classic tortoise

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Hello Sylvius Very Happy

I have re-located the topic to this section of the forum Wink

Oh indeed, it looks like it! Andreas already provided you with the link to the TAI page Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Hello, Sylvius, and wellcome here  sunny

You can find a list of the development of Schleich logos in their book "Anywhere's a playground" from 2006.

Important : The blue text is added by me, because there is copyright

If you wonder what "Biegefiguren" is, you can see some of them HERE
They were the first models that Schleich made. Very Happy

Sylvius

Sylvius

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 11:19 pm

Thank you all ever so much! I didn't expect such a quick or thorough reply. Very Happy And thanks for the logos too Susanne, that was going to be my next question (I just knew I'd seen that little running man somewhere before, haha). You guys are awesome!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 7:58 am

You are welcome Wink

Btw , in case you want to collect Schleich Classics : Some of the oldest ones have no marking at all, some are only marked "W GERMANY" Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:28 pm

NightLioness wrote:
I think so too! I wanted to trade it at first, but now the mystery is so big, I want to keep it XD.....

I surely understand that you want to keep that beautyful ray cheers

-------------------------

Now I also have a question, even if it may be easier. Very Happy

Looking through my New-Ray models-on-base, I dicovered these models that I had completely forgotten. Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]photo uploading

They are unmarked...the style make me think of ELC or such, and I am sure they have been discussed in the forum, but I just can't remember when of what geek

Can anybody help, please ? Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun May 14, 2017 7:03 pm

widukind wrote:
I have this small black woodpecker figurine, i think it is a pencil topper. But does anyone knows more?

Andreas, your woodpecker is from a nice series of pencil toppers manufactured by Wing Mau. As this company produces to many other brands, we may be able of finding it sold by other companies.
Scheck the complete series.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun May 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
I have this small black woodpecker figurine, i think it is a pencil topper. But does anyone knows more?

Andreas, your woodpecker is from a nice series of pencil toppers manufactured by Wing Mau. As this company produces to many other brands, we may be able of finding it sold by other companies.
Scheck the complete series.

Yes, i know. I had that woodpecker from Sergey, the owl and the frigate bird i found on Taobao. I think that pencil toppers are only small give aways for childrens. I think it is hard to find a brands.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun May 14, 2017 7:14 pm

I think it is the same System Service thing like that with Yujin. Or like Nayab, only a little better quality for brands :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun May 14, 2017 7:28 pm

widukind wrote:
I think it is the same System Service thing like that with Yujin. Or like Nayab, only a little better quality for brands :)

Yes, it is the same system. There are lots of Chinese manufacturers like Wing Mau. So, when there's no brand info, the best is to identify them through the manufacturer. :)

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Help with identification   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Found these at a car boot sale
I think the little dolphins are copies of PV models
The little rabbit has no marks on it
The shih Tzu has topple and 1997 on it
The Rottweiler puppy has MI on it
The strange coloured Yorkie has no marks but I think it may be a Puppy in your Pocket or similar.
More information would be most appreciated Smile Smile Smile

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 9:22 pm

I have the same model and you are right, it is a chinese knock off :)

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Thanks. Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 pm

I don't know what they are, but they are lovely, - great finds ! Very Happy

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi everyone, I am calling for assistance to see if anyone recognizes the company that made this Coca Cola premium stag beetle (Prosopocoilus inclinatus). I bought it on YAJ via Brett so I don't know the manufacturer. I am sure it is not Kaiyodo, but thinking Yujin or Kabaya are likely candidates. The base has the Japanese name of the beetle on one side and 'Coca Cola' on the other; nothing on the underside.

thanks for your assistance!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 pm

I don't know, - but what a nice beatle Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 pm

No idea but also very interesting. But why not Kaiyodo- a special Coca Cola bottle cap edition?

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 10:49 pm

widukind wrote:
No idea but also very interesting. But why not Kaiyodo- a special Coca Cola bottle cap edition?

Well, I think I am aware of all of Kaiyodo's insects, but you are right, it could have been some limited special release. Kaiyodo is pretty god about marking their products, however...
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 10:17 am

SUSANNE wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
I think so too! I wanted to trade it at first, but now the mystery is so big, I want to keep it XD.....

I surely understand that you want to keep that beautyful ray cheers

-------------------------

Now I also have a question, even if it may be easier. Very Happy

Looking through my New-Ray models-on-base, I dicovered these models that I had completely forgotten. Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]photo uploading

They are unmarked...the style make me think of ELC or such, and I am sure they have been discussed in the forum, but I just can't remember when of what geek

Can anybody help, please ? Very Happy

Those are New Ray too, probably from the bigger set, maybe that's why they aren't marked? I had most of these in my childhood days Very Happy All except the goats. Piglets and geese were available in a big set with barn Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 6:52 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Well, I think I am aware of all of Kaiyodo's insects, but you are right, it could have been some limited special release. Kaiyodo is pretty god about marking their products, however...

I dont find that but there is another Kaiyodo Coca Cola serie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next