Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:01 pm

A couple of days ago I got a parcel from Spielzeugguenstig, full of lovely 2019-news.  cheers

Let me start by presenting the dogs and cats :

Lovely Persian cat from Safari  cat
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And a dog with short nose too , - French bulldog  Very Happy  

His colour is very dull, so it is hard to see the details. Here a picture with too much light.
As you may see, he is really a nice doggie :

From Schleich :
At long last, again a pedigree cat  Very Happy  A maine Coon with the most lovely face  cheers

The fur, unfortunately, is a bit exaggerated, which give a bit if a cheap impression to an otherwise nice model.

A neat little rough-haired Dachshound from Schleich :

The cutest, little Mini-Schnauzer. I think it is a puppy :

Nice little set of Shiba Inus with basket and bone :

The mom :

The puppy :

Thanks for watching so far.
I'll try to make pictures of my other additions soon Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:15 am

It's so nice to see your new lovely cats and dogs! Congrats! I am also going to buy the same animals. Has the maine coon cat the same size as Schleich cats usually have, or have they made it a little bit bigger?
The french bulldog is a nice model even it is very dark. Your photos shows very well how nice it is. It's a great idea from the Safari compani to make a model of their own family dog.
Look at the family photo inside the cover of the newest catalog! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 am

Cute additions Susanne :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 am

Congratulation Susanne, those are nice additions Very Happy

You managed very well the French Bulldog pics Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:21 am

Thankyou, Andreas Very Happy

Thankyou, dear Christophe, - wonderful to hear from the expert Wink

Thankyou, Tove !!!  Very Happy
Good point ! Yes, the maine coon is larger than the other present day cats  cat  cat

But quite a lot smaller than the old 1:12 Maine Coon sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

And here are the new Schleich wolves from 2019 :

No 14821, a snarling wolf, but not as completly mean looking as the now reired one from 2015  Very Happy

Quite different , no 42472, a set of very cute wolves

Momma wolf :

She is a repaint of he white wolf, 14742 :

Lovely babies Wink

All of them, together with some of of the recent Schleich wolves :

Valeriia

Valeriia

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Applause cheers Congratulations! I like all your wolves!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 pm

Thankyou, dear Valeriia sunny

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Great collection!!!Must say that some of the Scheich models are better than their catalogue pictures especially the Shibas and the wolf and cubs. Smile Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Great collection!!!Must say that some of the Scheich models are better than their catalogue pictures especially the Shibas and the wolf and cubs. Smile Smile

Thamkyou , - yes, they are a pleasant surprise Very Happy

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am

I can't wait to get my grubby mits on the wolf family as well ^^

Papo: 47
Safari: 76
Mojo fun: 17
Playmobil: 93
Other: 197
~
schleich count: 916
~
Total: 1500

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm

I am going to be starting a synoptic collection of non-arthropod animals. What would you guys say is the best standard-sized wolf figure that's readily available? There is a lot of discussion of wolves on this forum and not always in a flattering light. I was thinking maybe the 2019 CollectA one.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:38 pm

I am going to be starting a synoptic collection of non-arthropod animals. What would you guys say is the best standard-sized wolf figure that's readily available? There is a lot of discussion of wolves on this forum and not always in a flattering light. I was thinking maybe the 2019 CollectA one.

I am not too keen on the CollectA wolves. I like the Papo and Safari ones best Very Happy

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 pm

I am not too keen on the CollectA wolves. I like the Papo and Safari ones best Very Happy

I was looking at images this morning and I agree. Not CollectA and probably not Schleich. I tent to gravitate towards Safari figures anyway.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:38 pm

I was looking at images this morning and I agree. Not CollectA and probably not Schleich. I tent to gravitate towards Safari figures anyway.

Yes, they are lovely. I am especially fond of the white wolf from Safari drunken

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Yes, they are lovely. I am especially fond of the white wolf from Safari drunken

I agree, that white wolf looks really nice but I want a traditional gray one. Not white, not black; not howling, not growling. LOL
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Then I really love this one from Papo : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Or the large one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , but he may be too large for you ?

Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm

I agree, that white wolf looks really nice but I want a traditional gray one. Not white, not black; not howling, not growling. LOL

As a collector of wolves, my favorite current model is the Safari LTD. Arctic wolf. It has the best face and proportions. If you are looking for a common gray wolf then Susanne's choice of the Papo female (and even the pup to go with it) are excellent. I like some of the older schleich wolves but they are retired. The mojo standing wolf is pretty good too!

There isn't a wolf model by a "big brand" that is truly accurate, but the Safari Arctic is the absolute best in my opinion so far.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Lovely cat and wolf models Susanne! The schleich growling wolf's paint job could have been a tad bit better, but I'm very glad his eyes aren't green anymore. I'm still disappointed in the wolf female and pups, but they do look a little better than their stock picture. I'm just upset with the lazy painting and the reproduction of the female mold.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Today : The rest of the Schleich models this time , -   little mammals Wink

European lynx ;
The model is nice, but he paintwork could be MUCH nicer, I am sure

A lovely face, even without the real lynx-pattern  Laughing

All my Schleich lynxes :

Together with the female and cub, mde from 2010 - 2015.
If the new one was repainted, they could be a nice family  cat  cat  cat

The totally adoreable quogga  drunken
In real life they ARE just as incredibly cute  Laughing

The ringtailed lemur. Strange that Schleich never made one before  scratch  Smile

Look, - Schleich, at least you could make sure the paint does not run from the eyes Suspect

Together with the one that CollectA made last year :

Racoon, - again the paintwork could be more nicely made.

Even if they are not outstanding, they are nice models, at least nicely sculptured,
From Bayala we know that Schleich-emplyees CAN make nice paintwork.
Why not the animals ? Rolling Eyes

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:47 pm

And some beautyful Safari models cheers

A HUGE chinchilla Wink

The cutest paws ever Laughing

The first woolly rhino in their standard range !!!!

Large salmon :

Albino Burmese Python :

A large mandrill. I love models of mandrills, but am not sure this one is among my favorites

Compared to the Safari Mandrill from 1997 - 2010 :

Compared to the Schleich mandrills from 2014 - 2017

And last, a lovely, little bamboo shark, - the first in my collection of this species Very Happy

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks Susanne. I wish the chinchilla and salmon were not so big. The snake is big but unfortunately a domestic 'albino' form (would look better as a wild type). Also glad you showed the comparison shot of the mandrill. I will probably go with another model when I do primates since this one is a bit large. The Schleich mandrill isn't so bad (I rarely gravitate towards Schleich's figures)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:32 pm

Thankyou, Blaine Very Happy
I am very happy that the pictures are useful for you Wink

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Valeriia

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:19 am

cheers Like it!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:42 pm

Thankyou, Valeriia sunny

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Big congrats Susanne. Applause Applause

Beautiful 2019 Safari's

What size is the large salmon, please. question

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Congratulations susanne!
Some are sorely lacking in paint!
others are bigger than usual! ??
or smaller! ??
but I think Safari Ltd is out of the game this year with a very good choice!

Susanne or someone else could you post the boa with another snake! thank you for comparing the size I find it fantastic Thank you!

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool queen
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Thankyou, dear Luc Very Happy

Susanne or someone else could you post the boa with another snake! thank you for comparing the size I find it fantastic Thank you!

I am not sure what snakes you want, but here this Boa ( Incredible Creatures Series) is with the latest Schleich Boa, and the Safari Cobra  Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Big congrats Susanne.  Applause  Applause

Beautiful 2019 Safari's

What size is the large salmon, please. question

Thankyou, dear Farnandoo !! flower

The salmon is also from the Incredible Creatures series and is 16,5 cm long, from the tip of the tail to the tip of the mouth Very Happy

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Oh, that Burmese python is not as big as I worried! Unfortunately I do not like the albino form since it is not its natural color.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Susanne, thanks a lot for pointing me to this new additions topic. I was missing it and it is unmissable for someone like me. Very Happy
Of all these figures I could check since the start of the topic, my favorite is the Safari salmon. Yes, the old story, I have no room to collect such big figures but I truly love them.
I really need that kuokka and I love the way you pictured it, mainly the first of the pictures.
The Schleich lynx is incredibly poor in terms of painting. I don't use to be very exigente with the way how figures are painted but this one it too poor, mainly for a brand that some years ago was the best finishing their products. The sculpt looks decent, I hope someone repaint one of these to show on forum. bounce The new Schleich wolf looks nice, even it it looks somewhat like a regular dog. I also like the Schleich lemur even if I have a little preference for the CollectA you're showing. On the other hand, the racoon is quite strange with these long limbs. As you tell, Schleich new figures are not outstanding but still nice and desirable.
Wanting also to give my personal recommendation to Blaine, Safari wolves are the best in my opinion, both grey and Arctic and for a mandrill, I think the Papo figure is quite nicer than the Schleich one, mostly because of its correct proportions. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)   

Back to top Go down

Susannes additions 2019 , update 23rd Jan.:4 little Schleich, and 24th : Some nice news from Safari ;-)
Page 1 of 1