Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheAnimalStudyGuy

TheAnimalStudyGuy

Country/State : FL

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi everyone. I was going on eBay, searching toy animals. But then, most of the listings were actually... They're sold from China, and are made of plastic. But the most ridiculous thing is that they are the exact same design as Schleich models. As an example, the Schleich Gnu is retired, and rarely found on eBay, but when I search ''toy gnu'' I can find a lot of wildebeest models that resemble the Schleich Gnu entirely. I'm not sure if those are copied models. Now, the question is... Is it legal to purchase these models? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 am

You can find not only Schleich copies but also from many other brands. Even Mojö Fun knockoffs are available. Sad
It is not illegal that you purchase these models. It is just not recommended once while buying, we are supporting that kind of market.
However, I have myself a few of them, namely the Schleich fox and kit knockoffs once it was interesting to my fox collection. Another point is that while acquiring these figures, you are not taking the exact collectible and its collectability is almost nule.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 am

Gosh, yes, look : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid

Roger is so right. It is not a good idea to spend money on these, - and they aren't even cheap Suspect

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am

I found Schleich and Safari copies in a large discounter, the black Netto. And a other large shop in a lot of cities sold CollectA knock off horses.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Sometimes i could imagine that the molds of retired figures are sold in China, the country what also produced the most of the figures.

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm

I also found Chinese copies of some CollectA cats in a German shop called Kik:D

They are not cheaper than the real ones. But I don't know if the quality is on the same level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!
Page 1 of 1