Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheAnimalStudyGuy

TheAnimalStudyGuy

Country/State : FL

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi everyone. I was going on eBay, searching toy animals. But then, most of the listings were actually... They're sold from China, and are made of plastic. But the most ridiculous thing is that they are the exact same design as Schleich models. As an example, the Schleich Gnu is retired, and rarely found on eBay, but when I search ''toy gnu'' I can find a lot of wildebeest models that resemble the Schleich Gnu entirely. I'm not sure if those are copied models. Now, the question is... Is it legal to purchase these models? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 am

You can find not only Schleich copies but also from many other brands. Even Mojö Fun knockoffs are available. Sad
It is not illegal that you purchase these models. It is just not recommended once while buying, we are supporting that kind of market.
However, I have myself a few of them, namely the Schleich fox and kit knockoffs once it was interesting to my fox collection. Another point is that while acquiring these figures, you are not taking the exact collectible and its collectability is almost nule.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 am

Gosh, yes, look : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid

Roger is so right. It is not a good idea to spend money on these, - and they aren't even cheap Suspect

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am

I found Schleich and Safari copies in a large discounter, the black Netto. And a other large shop in a lot of cities sold CollectA knock off horses.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Sometimes i could imagine that the molds of retired figures are sold in China, the country what also produced the most of the figures.

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm

I also found Chinese copies of some CollectA cats in a German shop called Kik:D

They are not cheaper than the real ones. But I don't know if the quality is on the same level.
Back to top Go down
TheAnimalStudyGuy

TheAnimalStudyGuy

Country/State : FL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 4:28 am

Well, thank you for explaining! I've just found out recently that those bootlegs are being sold in stores... But the worst thing is that, instead of licensing brands within the US, stores import thousands of bootlegs from China, wasting the store chain's money... Shocked Shocked

Overall, I think you're all right. It's better to buy original figures. Bootlegs, as I noticed, have bad quality.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 1:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sometimes i could imagine that the molds of retired figures are sold in China, the country what also produced the most of the figures.

You are rigt . Often it is just the paintwork ( and perhaps mould lines) that make the difference.
But I wonder if it is not sometimes cheaper for them to copy the model for a mould, - modern technology has made it so much cheaper scratch

Neptune

Neptune

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 pm

A few weeks ago I went to the shop "Action" (in France) and saw that they sells some fake Schleich. A box with 3 animals in it (two adults, one baby) for less than 4€.
I saw rhino, crocodiles, zebras, leopards, bears and maybe others I forgot...
I took the "leopards" out of curiousity. I have to say they are some of the best fakes I've seen so far Shocked

I can post pictures of it if someone is interested.
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 4:34 pm

A few weeks ago I went to the shop "Action" (in France) and saw that they sells some fake Schleich. A box with 3 animals in it (two adults, one baby) for less than 4€.
I saw rhino, crocodiles, zebras, leopards, bears and maybe others I forgot...
I took the "leopards" out of curiousity. I have to say they are some of the best fakes I've seen so far Shocked

I can post pictures of it if someone is interested.

Yes, please ! I would love to see pictures Very Happy

Neptune

Neptune

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Here's the "family"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They looks more brownish and don't have detailed paint job and of course the gobal quality of Schleich isn't here but overall the paint is nicer than most copies and the plastic feels like the real ones.

The "dad" is based on the 14359 jaguar (no little spots insides and the claws are badly paint)

The "mom" is based on the 14360 leopard (the nicest of the 3 I think)

And the baby is based on 14399 leopard cub (no blue eyes and the nose is too dark and big)

The mold are the exact same as the real ones (as well as the size and the weight), no big creases in the plastic like some fakes I've seen before in this shop, and no marking on the belly
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Thankyou very much for the quick ansver, and the lovely and informative photos !!! Applause

Yes, they surely look nice, even if people ought to not make copies Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:27 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it is really interesting and with great pictures!
That is really curious that they used a jaguar mould to make a leopard, the mould is really good for a jaguar. If they used the mould of the Papo jaguar it would work better for a leopard.
I am also very impressed with the quality of some knock-offs, namely the dense pvc they use that is quite similar to the real thing, I only don't know if chemically it is the same. To be honest, I don't know if I was able of avoiding these figures if they used the moulds of the rarest Lineol IV generation figures to make pvc copies. I wonder how would look the giant sable, the eland, the moose, the elephants or any other of the masterpieces of that series.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 9:19 pm

.........To be honest, I don't know if I was able of avoiding these figures if they used the moulds of the rarest Lineol IV generation figures to make pvc copies. I wonder how would look the giant sable, the eland, the moose, the elephants or any other of the masterpieces of that series.

What an interesting idea !!! affraid cheers drunken

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: