Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

My newest additions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

My newest additions Empty
PostSubject: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Here my newest acquisitions!

First, I went to a stationery and found here the CollectA's striped hyena (Hyaena hyaena), a model that was in my wishlist. So I bought it! But oh, once out of the store I realized how ugly has been painted. It was GREY!!! and with some bold stripes, all of them stopping suddenly about 1 cm to dorsal line, and the legs were striped in a zebra-style. So when I arrived to home the first thing that I did is repaint it. I should have been think first, and take a photo for the "after" and "before" here in the forum, but I just was in urgent need to correct the failures, so I added a tan coat instead the ugly pure grey one, continued the existent black stripes a bit more for make them tapered and unequal, added more intermediate stripes in the belly region, and added a black dotting on the legs for make they more mottled than ringed. So now here is the result, very similar to the promo image of this figure, but very different to the real thing that they are selling Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't have more hyenas for size comparison, but here, the brave blackbull bull from CollectA try to pull this predator away from his herd:

Second, I received the next day (last friday) a mail with my first Japanese brands!!! I bought them via eBay, as no online stores sell them to Europe. They was expensive but I'm very happy :)

First one is the Kaiyodo serval (Leptailurus serval). Perfectly painted and very well done, tough I didn't knew that it had junctures (in the photo of the eBay page is shown one without them). I was fooled by the size. It's indicated 6 cm, so I took a rule and imagined a serval of about 6 cm of body lenght. But I forgot the tail... Well, the result is that I have a miniature serval. It's really 6 cm in total lenght, but I expected bigger. It's much smaller that the new Safari LTD serval. And a bit of painful seeing it side by side with my overgrown fennec or quokka Razz But actually the serval is good in size compared with my bigger figures... just odd when compared with the smaller ones.

Kaiyodo's serval compared with Schleich's big cats:

Kaiyodo's serval compared with (repainted) Papo's snow leopard:

Second is the Kaiyodo Iriomote cat (Prionailurus iriomotensis). It's a figure to be assembled, I didn't knew before buying amd it's my first figure of this kind. However, junctures are reasonably inconspicuous (except those in the base of the tail). The figure have a stand of fake logs, stones and mosses, one can detach the figure from it but it's not possible to put it in a natural position (with the four legs touching the soil) if you remove the base, so I kept it with the base. It's a similar size than the serval but a bit more corpulent.

All my cats including the two new ones:

Third is the Takara Tomy's Japanese crested ibis, Nipponia nippon. This is the first bird in my collection, and a species that I dreamed about since child. There are various figures of this species amongst Japanese brands, and the best done is the Kitan Club one, but it's too big (like most birds of western brands are), while mine have the perfect size when compared with most of my mammals. It comes with a nest with three eggs and the figure is molded for be put into the nest, even it have holes in the belly that matches with the eggs.

And the fourth is, in my opinion, the best of all these acquisition. It's a wonderful and perfectly done FRILLED SHARK (Chlamydoselachus anguineus) very detailed, from Kitan Club (Nature Techni Colour). It's supposed to be a keychain, but I removed the ball string attached to its chin. I'm just in love with this wonderful shark!

Here compared with other small sharks, the Collecta's zebra shark and Safari's leopard shark:
Underwater:

On land:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:42 pm

The price and the fact of being assemblable, are the two reasons why I have a reduced number of these Japanese figures. However, they show a level of realism rarely equaled by major companies. Fortunately, these non Japanese brands are also improving and releasing some masterpieces. I agree that the shark is an amazing piece and it represents a quite illusive creature. Very good photos too and always the special touch of an Artist. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 8:36 am

Such great additions , and a fine repaint of the "grey hyena " , and ( as always) beautyful photos !! cheers

We do neither have that crested ibis ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) nor the shark ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in TAI study
If ever I find out where to put them, perhaps we may use your photos ? Very Happy

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Feel free to use them! :) You may be interested in photos of the usual TAI style, on a table and with something to scale, instead in a natural background? :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 9:54 pm

very good acquisitions Pardofelis and great repaint for the stripped hyena I bought too few years ago!..

I have the iriomote cat too, and shot it outside with its other bengal japanese cousin (Prionailurus bengalensis euptilura)

I love this ibis and I had never seen this odd shark before!.. and  you know what? for a few time, I 'm tempted to begin a shark collection and your beautiful ones increase the temptation!..

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Sharks are nice subject to collect in figure form, because there are many species represented both in western brands and in japanese brands!

Papo: 9
Schleich: 9
Mojo Fun: 7
Kitan Club: 5
Safari LTD: 4
Kaiyodo: 3
CBIOV: 2
Nayab/Happy Kin: 2
Southland Replicas: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Natural History: 1
Bullyland: 1

Total: 86
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 2:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Feel free to use them! :) You may be interested in photos of the usual TAI style, on a table and with something to scale, instead in a natural background? :)

Thankyou very much cheers

Ohh, yes ! It would be great with just one photo with something to show skale. flower
If it is easier, you may send to me : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

PS, do you happen to know which series they belong, perhaps ? study

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Yes, the shark belong to this set: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
About the crested ibis, I can't find a review of it in the Takara Tomy's section of this forum, but it belongd to a set of extinct creatures. The set include this ibis, a dodo, a thylacine, a Steller's sea cow, a golden toad and a secret. The only part that is not in Japanese in the title says "Eternal lost breeds - Extinct animal". Nipponia nippon is not an extinct species, however the Japanese population disappeared in 2003, so the birds here are now reintroductions from the Chinese population. Once considered distinct races (not even subespecies), it has been demonstrated that they're in fact less than that: the Chinese "race" wast just the breeding plumage. So no taxa went extint in this species - tough it passed through a tiny bottleneck.

I must made the photos, I will send you later.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Hello [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here are the images at your request.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 10:20 am

thank for these useful photos pardofelis!..
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Thankyou VERY much for the pictures , dear Pardo flower flower flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 11:23 pm

I also want to thank you for your pictures for Toy Animal Wiki. It is important these contributions to turn that website as much complete as possible. Our Julie [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also owns a figure from the same set as your ibis, a Steller's sea cow obviously since she is a collector of sea cows. Wink By the way, the secret figure is a yellow morph of the golden toad. study

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 10:09 am

Here my latest addition: Colorata cookiecutter shark (Isistius brasiliensis) bought from eBay Very Happy

Predator and prey...

But who's the predator and who's the prey?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 1:43 pm

I suspect your spermwhale does not smoke or it could use the shark as a cigar. Wink A cookie is much better, I guess. It may be the most interesting figure of the Colorata Sharks Deluxe set. OK, there's a goblin on it and I love these weird sharks too but this one is quite rare in toy shape.
Have you acquired more figures from that set and can I use your picture at Toy Animal Wiki once it is missing?
You're making wonderful choices to your collection and it is really great to follow your additions. :)

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Yes, the sperm whale could use the shark as a cigar, but is the shark who uses the sperm whale as a cookie Very Happy Very Happy
It's the only figure that I purchased, and it was sold alone. Bretjn told me that is a rare occasion as Colorata figures are difficult to get alone. I know there is a goblin shark here, but a bit too small for my scale tastes I think. For the remaining shark species of the set I prefair other brands. So this one is the only of the set that I really wanted :)
Of course feel free to use my picture fot TAW.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 pm

which brand the spermwhale?..
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:38 pm

I do believe that is the new CollectA 2018 sperm whale.

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 10:46 pm

thanks Simone! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Phantastic newcomers :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 12:48 am

Yes, the sperm whale could use the shark as a cigar, but is the shark who uses the sperm whale as a cookie Very Happy Very Happy
It's the only figure that I purchased, and it was sold alone. Bretjn told me that is a rare occasion as Colorata figures are difficult to get alone. I know there is a goblin shark here, but a bit too small for my scale tastes I think. For the remaining shark species of the set I prefair other brands. So this one is the only of the set that I really wanted :)
Of course feel free to use my picture fot TAW.

Thanks for letting us to use your pictures on TAI. It is useful to all of us. Very Happy
That shark will have the chance of eating loads of cookies. affraid The sperm whale is also magnificent.
Yes, Colorata figures are not easy to find individually and they use to be not cheap. I still dream with their penguins set. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 4:25 pm

My latest acquisitions! They arrived yesterday and I was literally jumping of happiness after unpackage them Very Happy I managed to purchase them by the " @Brettjn system" - patented in this forum - for buy Japanese figurines not available in Europe! :) So I give big thanks to him for make it possible and also for the nice touch included in the package - some deep fish-shaped clips and a thanksgiving in a nice paper :) :)

They are figurines from Ikimon - Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour (which of the three is the true name of the brand??), from Deep Sea sets 1 and 2. All of them are keychains and I just removed the stringball. Here you can see all of them together for size comparison. These are the first bony fishes and the first invertebrate of my figurine collection , so it slowly increases in taxonomic diversity! Very Happy

First one is the Opah (Lampris guttatus), a species that I like very much. It measures 5,2 centimeters lenght - it's a bit too small, but no matter, it's just perfect. Fins are slightly flexible but the plastic is hard. The spots in the body are highly metallic and reflective making it super beautiful.

Second is the Comores coelacanth (Latimeria chalumnae). It's a species that I like a lot. Several brands (mainly Japanese ones) did coelacanths, but this one fits much better in scale with most of my sealife figurines. Total lenght is 8,6 cm. It belongs to the Deep Sea Set 1, while the Deep Sea Set 2 have the other species, Indonesian coelacanth (Latimeria menadoensis) - just the same figure, but painted brown instead blue. Probably this figure is the only one of the Indonesian species, while all other coelacanths from any brand are the Comores one. But I'm happy just with this one Very Happy

Third is the Colossal squid (Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni). This is the most massive of all the invertebrates (shorter than the giant squid but heavier) and lives in Antarctica deep waters only. The figure measures 15 cm in total lenght and 6,5 cm in mantle lenght. It's a bit too small, but is absolutely perfect. It comes in two pieces (the head+tentacles and the mantle+fins) that must be assembled, but given the anatomy of squids, the joint is of course not visible and it fits perfectly. The eyes are absolutely accurate as are the suckers, siphon, etc.

And by last, the fourth is the Oarfish (Regalecus glesne). Contrary to the others, it's made of a much more soft plastic and the body is quite flexible while the head rays and pelvic fins are soft as spaghetti. Total lenght is 24,5 cm, so it have the same lenght than CollectA sperm whale or Papo whale shark. The only disadvantage of this figure is that it cannot stand upright (unlike the others), but I solved puting it against the vertical panel of my collection. The figure is so absolutely perfect as the others, and I'm in love with it :) :)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:19 pm

wonderfull additions pardo, The regalec is very impressive, the coelacanth and the opah are very beautiful and I have never seen yet that kind of squid!.. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:54 pm

I am glad you've found a way to acquire these figures. I believe you feel now more than ever that entering to the world of the best Japanese figures is like visiting another planet. They have an atention to the scientific part of the figure and use some production details that we can't see in brands more common in Western countries. These figures, are super interesting regarding the species presented and they have a level of detail absolutely superb!
You placed a hard question but I think the brand of this articular set is Nature Techni Colour. Though, whichever is the name used, all three mean the same. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 am

Wow. I love the Deep Sea set, especially the coelacanth and oarfish. Great figures!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 8:27 pm

My last addition: unknown brand Tibetan sand fox (Vulpes ferrilata). I discovered it this same forum, more precisely in this post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (see last replies), and it was my first eBay purchase of an animal figurine. I bought at the end of January but the delivery time was veeery long (I bought other eBay figurines after that arrived before). It belongs to a set of mainly Himalayan animals, all the other were even much more oversized (except an Asian black bear that is tiny), and a bit of non-Himalayan animals such as a sloth. It have nothing marked in the belly, no brand or "made in". The figure measures 6 cm lenght and 6 cm height, it's a bit oversized comparing with most modern companies medium-large animals, but it fits perfectly with other oversized small animals from many brands. The sculpture and painting are perfecta and these kind of very obscure but fabulous and dreamed species are what I like more for my collection. It's my favourite canid since I know of it, replacing even the ethiopian wolf! Very Happy And now I have a mini-Tibetan fox in my shelves   I love you  I love you

All my canids now:
Fits well with CollectA's fennec, a bit too big with CollectA's maned wolf...

And now Tibetan sets:
With CollectA chiru or Tibetan antelope:

Gentle nose touch  ^-^

With Papo's snow leopard, the fox is on steroids!!!  Surprised
Improbable pals:

But if the leopard is used in background, the scale difference doesn't mind so much:

Last edited by Pardofelis on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 9:00 pm

big but accurate! You got a good bag!.. Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 9:30 pm

A must have

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 12:55 am

Very well presented your new fox! That is a piece that will escape to many collectors that will never know it existed. Those are the rarities we can find when we decide to collect in a community like STS and when people share all the ways to acquire these gens. I am very glad that you're getting used with the sizes inconsistency. That's the only way to collect figures of several species that we never dreamed they could exist. Probably you've found in the past that your maned wolf was perfectly sized. With that trio, it is the maned wolf the figure with the wrong size. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Yes, I'm turning more tolerant with diversification of scales, within certain limits. I would prefair all animals at same scale (for display them together like in a museum or zoo), but well, I prefeir rarity of species and accurateness over scale range! Very Happy (now, put my smaller mammals like fennec or quokka besides my sperm whale or bowhead whale and just laugh at the result haha)

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Here my newest additions. These were figures in my wishlist since long time, I was waiting a good occasion (birthday/Christmas) for buy some of my wishlist figures. But then I checked the page I realized that two of the Mojo figures disappeared from stock! I asked them, and looks like that various pages are making disappear Mojo figures... So that's why I bought them now, fearing for them to be not available in the future. I also included in my purchase the only Bullyland figure of my wishlist, because they told me that Bullyland is in bankrupt.

So these are my first Mojö Fun figures and my first Bullyland figure:

First one: the Mojo's Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus). This is the only Iberian lynx done by a major brand. As a Spanish collector of interesting species in figurines, I could not let pass without the most endangered feline of the world and almost endemic of my country!
I repainted it a bit for make more realistic. See the original one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Here the size compared by other cats of major brands (Schlech jaguar and cheetah, Papo snow leopard, Kaiyodo serval):

Second one: the Mojo's Sulawesi crested macaque (Macaca nigra). The sculpt is absolutely perfect, the shape of the face is very recognizable as this peculiar species. It's the first primate in my collection and hence I don't have nothing to compare... But it's big. Too big, actually. Compared by most of my animals, it's more like a chimpanzee than a macaque...

Third one: the Mojo's quagga (Equus quagga quagga). As my collection is synoptic, I will not have a plains zebra since I have now this quagga that is the same species. It's the first extinct taxon that I have in my collection (tough I have the Safari LTD Vaquita, a species that will become extinct in next 2-3 months almost sure). As with the lynx, I repainted this model for make more realistic stripes and more well delineated white-black in the hooves. See the original one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Comparation with CollectA's african wild ass:

Fourth one: the Mojo's sun bear (Helarctos malayanus). This is the best sun bear model that I know about, it have even the shaggy and folded skin in bottom and back when these bears sit. Also is perfect in size. Being the smallest of the bears, it's also the smallest of my bear figures.

And by last the fifth: the Bullyland Asian black bear (Ursus thibetanus). As explained above this is my only Bullyland figure at the moment. It's the best moon bear that I know about, and it's a big figure, as big as most brown/polar bears of major brands. The material feels very slightly more soft/gummy that the other plastic figures I have, but its good quality.

All my bears now. Each bear one brand! Papo polar bear, Mojo sun bear, Schleich giant panda and Bullyland moon bear. And the Safari American black bear is on my wishlist for the future! I didn't realized that each bear are/will be a different brand until writing these lines Razz

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 10:55 pm

You've found some of the finest Mojö Fun figures. I also have all of these and I love htem. The macaque was a personal request and reviewed by Christophe (Kikimalou), one of our Admins. The quagga was sculpted by Anna, a member and moderator of this forum. I really hope Mojö is not having difficulties, it is a company that revolutioned this hobby.
I also have the Bullyland figure, I also find it very big, even for my size tolerance However, theres something not completely convincing on Safari's counterpart.
Bullyland figures are made of a less dense material, they always feel light what may give a "cheap" feeling to it but, they have some really good figures, you only have to study their range. For instance, if you ever want a wisent and you find the retired Schleich too expensive, the Bullyland is equally nice and probably much cheaper... and not large!
Thanks for showing these pictures with groups of animals, they're always very useful. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 11:09 pm

I said this on ATF but will repeat here for this audience. I have the 2016 Bullyland red panda and it too had that 'gummy' feel to it, but as it sat out in open air it 'dried' out and now feels more normal. So, I hope your black bear will do the same. If you are building a synoptic collection, you should consider the Bully red panda; it's one of their best non-spider figures in recent years :-)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 11:22 pm

Oh, how small is the world, hehe! I feel more personal if the macaque and quagga are sculpts, requests or revisions by members of this forum :)

Really I want a wisent. Shamefully, I didn't found the Bullyland wisent figure in the page where I bought the bear nor on the other two pages where I buy figures... Not large? I hope that is about same size than CollectA's musk ox.... I would not like a too small (or a too large) bison hehe

I try to make group pictures for comparison when I can, but as my collection is still small I often do not have much to choose Razz for that the poor lonely macaque had a single photo Very Happy

Hi Blaine! Thanks for the tip about "drying", tough the rubbery texture is not a bad thing for me as far as the figure is realistic :)

Yes, my collection has been synoptic since its beginning, and will remain so. Just will not be so exhaustive as yours Very Happy

I'm interested in a red panda figure certainly, but it's difficult to know the measurements of these. For most figures there are no info about size, and the ones that have, are too large (or too small in some cases). I think a figure of about 7 or 7,5 cm lenght (including tail) (4 cm body and 3 cm tail) would work fine for me.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 am

Obviously we can't get all we need at once but some events turn some figures into priorities. I think both Bullyland wisent and red panda are figures that will turn soon very hard to get because Bullyland are not easy to find and the company is insolvent.
I also recommend the Bullyland red panda, Safari's is really huge, CollectA's is nicely sized but really not good figure, so the Bullyland has a moderate size and looks nice. The wisent is surely not larger than CollectA's muskox, it is also less massive for sure.
I suggest that you check these topics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 7:38 am

Nice additions :)

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 3:11 pm

good acquisitions Pardo! cheers cheers
thank you for the usefull picture of bears, I received the thibetanus and it's really too big but I will probably command the Mojo sun bear even if it's a little big too.. I am very interesting by the Macaca nigra, what a pity you have no other monkey to compare!.. and you are all right, Bully wisent and red panda are accurate..
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 5:15 pm

I am very interesting by the Macaca nigra, what a pity you have no other monkey to compare!..

I can take pictures with non-monkey figures or a ruler, if you want :-)

I find the sun bear pefect in size actually. In lenght it's about the same than Schleich's panda, but its much less voluminous.

I finally refused to add the Bullyland panda to my wishlist. The sculpt (hairs) is not very detailed. However I would not mind to have the European bison Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 10:16 pm

I am very interesting by the Macaca nigra, what a pity you have no other monkey to compare!..

I can take pictures with non-monkey figures or a ruler, if you want :-)

I find the sun bear pefect in size actually. In lenght it's about the same than Schleich's panda, but its much less voluminous.

I finally refused to add the Bullyland panda to my wishlist. The sculpt (hairs) is not very detailed. However I would not mind to have the European bison Very Happy

We have on forum a wonderful walk around of the Mojö Fun Macaca nigra, it can be seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] monkey Remember that you can always post on old topics if you wish. :)
About the European bison, if you have troubles finding it, maybe I can check trhough the Portuguese distributor of Bullyland if they have anything left. Unfortunately Bullyland is only successful in local shops with their Disney licenses. Animals are virtually impossible to find. Sad

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks for your kind offer! The Bullyland bison is pleasant for me, but not a must-have. It's the Safari's malayan tapir what I would like to find very much! Very Happy (or the Papo one that is more or less equally good) :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Wonderful photos and marvellous models too cheers

I enjoy very much seeing this kind of pictures, and great discussions Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Thanks for your kind offer! The Bullyland bison is pleasant for me, but not a must-have. It's the Safari's malayan tapir what I would like to find very much! Very Happy (or the Papo one that is more or less equally good) :)

I've found another shop selling Papo locally but unfortunately no tapir. Sad
This [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sells it quite unexpensive but unfortunately they take 8,50€ to send it to Spain. Sad

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks a lot Roger! A wonderful shop! Unfortunately, it's all in German with no English version so I don't know if the 8,50€ of shipping remains the same for more than one figure or it increases. If it remains the same it will worth the buying! Sadly, it seems that this tapir and Safari's tapir (that they also have) are not available at this shop, they went out of stock just they didn't deleted their pages.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 3:04 pm

A new batch of animals for my plastic zoo. This is the most bittersweet purchase that I have had, and even it colded slightly my passion about getting more figures. Like the previous batch, I bought it just because theyre retired figures or soon to disappear, and I fear to not get in time if I don't buy it before. More concretely, the gaur and the tapir disappeared from the page where I had them selected for future purchase. Asking for this tapir, I was adviced to buy it at MiniZoo, an Australian page that still have them. I also discovered here the gaur so I added it. Then I discovered that they also have the ocelot, a model retired this year, so I added it. And finally I saw here the buffalo, and I just wanted it because I wanted this species but I dislike the more readily available ones from Collecta (in a weird position) and from Safari (with a bunch of grass in the mouth and two green Shocked oxpecers in its back. I avoid animals with such "complements" in my collection and I just wanted a beautiful mass of muscles with elegant curved horns. So I saw this very well made buffalo and added it to my shopping cart.
I selected first the wished figures, but before adding things to my shopping cart I did a transfer from my bank account to PayPal for be able to purchase them. It was weekend and the transfer took more time than usual, 3 days I think. Meanwhile, the fifth figure that I wanted to buy in this page, their last Safari Ocean Sunfish, disappeared! No No No There are other pages with this figure, but this one was the cheapest. Sigh, just for three days...!
But at least I had the others. Saw prices, saw shipping costs, decided that it's reasonable, and paid. This website have a tracking system that even tell you to the email the status of the order in every change. A total of almost 40 euros for figures + shipping. Reasonable. I was happy.
But once received... the Customs added 25 € more for their service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale
So, I paid 65 € for just 4 figures Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad This is unfair!!!!!!!!!!
I still have two incoming orders from international sellers, but this incident make me decide to not buy anymore in shops outside the EU. From this point I only will buy figures from european shops.

Well, after my relief, I come with a more pleasant thing: the figures themselves.

First one is the African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) from Mojö Fun. It's highly detailed with a very good sculpt. It measures 13 centimeters lenght and about 7 centimeters at shoulder height. At home, I sharpened its horns, that are too blunt as you can see in the images.

Second is the Gaur (Bos gaurus) from Mojö Fun. A wonderful beast that I always admired. It measures 13 cm lenght and 9 cm at shoulder height. I was aware that its a bit too shiny from the online images, but well... it's really sparkling. So glittering that looks like as if he bathed in oil. Anyway, the sculpt is magnific and the powerful musculature it's very well dome. Again, I sharpened its too blunt horns at home.

Third is the Lowland tapir or Brazilian tapir (Tapirus terrestris) from Mojö Fun. It measures 9,5 cm lenght and 5 cm at shoulder height. Its a nice and perfect figure, tough its... too small. It have about the same lenght than the CollectA's Baird's tapir, but is much thinner, more slim. The head is clearly smaller than the head of the Baird's tapir. Lowland tapir is a bit bigger than Baird's tapir, so this is a bit disappointing to me. Anyway, it's in a range that I can accept (otherwise I would not have bought it Very Happy )

And fourth is the Ocelot (Leopardus pardalis) from Papo. As a small cat lover, I really like this species and hence I like any realistic figure of them. Well, this ocelot is very well made, tough it's too big. It measures 6,5 cm of head+body lenght, 9 cm of total lenght, and 3,5 cm of height at shoulder. The painting is not as perfect as in the promo picture, but still a good job. I just wish I can reduce it's size a bit...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Congratulations, a few more must haves now in your collection :)

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 9:27 pm

thank you for these usefull pictures, I think I 'll command the baird tapir which seems more realistic than the mojo one. :)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 9:54 pm

That depends on what you want. The Mojo tapir is extremely realistic, but it's just not a Baird's tapir Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 pm

I have all these figures what means they are also among my personal choices.
Actually, we have a few good African buffalos but the Mojö Fun figure gets something special on it. I am glad of seeing it among your choices. The Brazilian tapir is actually an excellent figure, designed more as a resin figure than a toy what is a praise. Obviously it is not a Baird's, but the CollectA is also an excellent figure with a fantastic level of detail.
The gaur is one of my favorite animal figures of ever and the ocelot is something a feline lover can't miss.
The customs hurt and really a lot. I understand why someone that acquired so beautiful figures is not so happy with the hobby as before. I hope you recover soon your enthusiasm and that you keep sharing your acquisitions with us.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 10:58 pm

Time for the last batch that arrived recently. These figures I bought at TaoBao and are from CBIOV brand, not available for Europeans except with Chinese market access platforms such as this one. The're not very cheap but also not expensive. However, the shipping costs are more expensive than one would tought. One must pay twice, one for the figures and domestic delivery, and once the items arrive to they, they calculate shipping costs that you must pay appart. Shipping costs looks like very cheap at first (for Spain is more or less like 2,60 € for each 100 grams), but with all the additional packaging and protecion, the whole packet weighs much more than one can think initially. Anyway, these worth the price. CBIOV have as good quality as CollectA, Safari or Mojo, and these species are not done by any major brand. And they come with cards with info about the species, a postal, a certificate that part of the money of your purchase has been donated to protect the species they represent, and very good individual package.

First is the Takin (Budorcas taxicolor). It represent the Sichuan takin (Budorcas taxicolor tibetana), and they also have the golden takin or Shaanxi takin (Budorcas taxicolor bedfordi), that is just a colour variation of the same figure (with entirely yellow coat). Curiously, the golden takin is much more expensive than the Sichuan takin, so I choosed the latter, that I also like more. The figure is much bigger than the Anna Dobrowolska's takin, and fits well in scale with most of my bovids. It measures about 12 cm lenght (from tip of right horn to ankle of right leg) 8 cm at shoulder height, and 9'2 cm of total height (from horn tips to the soil). Proportions, sculpture and painting are just perfect, the only tiny failure is the cast seams more noticeable than I would wish, but this is just a minor issue for perfectionists Razz

Size compared with CollectA's mux ox:

Second one is the Finless porpoise (Neophocaena phocaenoides). It also represents a concrete taxon: the Yangtze finless porpoise, so, the freshwater population of Neophocaena phocaenoides asiaeorientalis. (There is a marine population of the same subspecies, plus the also marine nominate subspecies). It belongs to a set of three figures that you can choose which one to buy. I bought the male alone (that have an open mouth), other options are buy the mother and calf (both with closed mouth) (the calf is almost fully grown!), buy the three, or buy the three+ a displaying case. Logically the cheaper option is the male alone, so I gone for it. It measures about 10,6 cm of body lenght (from front to caudal notch, adapting to the curvature of the tail) and 11,3 cm of total lenght (from front to tip of right caudal fin lobe). The ears and spiracle are painted black. The skin coat is shiny grey (more shiny than CollectA's cetaceans). The figure only have one issue: it don't stands in straight position, it always turn to the left. But putting a small piece under the left pectoral fin, it solves the problem.

Size compared with Safari LTD's vaquita:

Size compared with CollectA's Ganges river dolphin:

And by last, the third figure is not a CBIOV and it's just a CollectA, easily available in European shops. But it comes from the same seller and I just wanted to add it. It's the male Mountain Goat (Oreamnos americanus). It's a species that I like a lot, but the CollectA's figure could be a bit better for this brand standards. The head is rally nice, but the body fur is too woolly, and not much detailed, plus the animal itself is a bit obese, and the coat is not pure white, but a bit dirty white in certain zones.Maybe all these things make it just a winter-coat individual. Anyway, it's generally speaking a good figure.

Size compared with CollectA's chiru:

Last edited by Pardofelis on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 11:28 pm

I like much the pose of takin, is marvellous.

sunny sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Very well presented your new figures. I really love that takin, maybe some day I will also get one of these CBIOV. I have Anna's takin that is a superb piece but it doesn't mean I do not feel tempted to get one of these too.
About your choice for CollectA mountain goat it turns surprising to me. I know the retired Schleich, much better in my opinion, is quite hard to get due to its speculative price. The Safari, that is the same mould is also retired, but there is the Schleich Mountain set with three nice figures, the ibex, the mouflon and the mountain goat. You have to get three at once but they look great and maybe you still miss the other species.
The CollectA mountain goats are surely not bad figures, maybe just not as good as their counterparts. Strangely, the pair of CollectA was originally made to their farm series. They also belong to their old generation of figures, just before the big boom in diversity and quality.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions Empty

Back to top Go down

My newest additions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next