Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:04 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Susanne, Jean-Luc and Samson. Very Happy

Samson, It is a sample I guess.

Yes, Christophe! This is a sample like my lion is! :)
Mine is not undermarked with the name Mojo and have a special smell, I'm very proud to have it, I'm seeing a new brand borning and have in my collection not final products!
I'm sure it will be easy to find a Mojo regular lion and not a sample!
This is a development figure! cat :)
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:02 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:

Congratulations. Wonderful additions. This has to be my favorite photo. There is just something about it that I love. My only complaint is about the paint rubs, but that can be fixed. You have a lovely lion family. Can't wait to get some myself.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Thank you Amy Very Happy

As Roger explained, it is not a definitive product so I'm sure the painting on the models will be less fragile but to knwo that, we will have to wait and save money Wink

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm

@ken yeo wrote:
Finally a review here! the lioness doesn't seen to impress me or maybe compared with Papo lioness. The details is still lack of something & especially on the face apparent and hoping mojo will improves on that.

For the lion: I like the pose only.

Hi, Ken! Where did you find other reviews from Mojo figures? Suspect
Thanks for your opinions about the lioness, anyway I think the developer will not understand it! I know that in the market there's no fantastic lions, it's hard to make it, for example, all the 5 lions I know from Schleich are really bad, really bad, decads of experience and total lac of capacity to make a decent lion! Anyway I think the Papo have nice points, still the best, CollectA is interesting but controversial and this Mojo, I think, is already second and the best balanced in body proportions!
Safari is a very nice brand with a long history and I never saw a nice lion in their regular series!
I'll make a tread, in near future, about some retired and still in production lions! Very Happy

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Definately save money. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I agree with you Roger for a lot of things except SAFARI Ltd made a very excellent lion... But alas in the BIG Wildlife wonders serie Wink

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm

@Roger wrote:

I'll make a tread, in near future, about some retired and still in production lions! Very Happy

Ohhh, yes, please, please bounce bounce cheers

PS : I just had a thought (Auch! ) , - The fantastic detali of the Papo lion is unique and beautyful.
But can you imaginge a small child who just ate a jam sandwich and played vith the cat, handling the lion ? I
It will soon be very, very dirty What a Face
Apart from the fact that i love the Mojo lion, it is perhaps more suited for playing with ?

PPS : If the Mojo-lions were made of a darker material, the small rubs would not be nearly as visible.
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:44 am

@Roger wrote:
@ken yeo wrote:
Finally a review here! the lioness doesn't seen to impress me or maybe compared with Papo lioness. The details is still lack of something & especially on the face apparent and hoping mojo will improves on that.

For the lion: I like the pose only.

Hi, Ken! Where did you find other reviews from Mojo figures? Suspect
Thanks for your opinions about the lioness, anyway I think the developer will not understand it! I know that in the market there's no fantastic lions, it's hard to make it, for example, all the 5 lions I know from Schleich are really bad, really bad, decads of experience and total lac of capacity to make a decent lion! Anyway I think the Papo have nice points, still the best, CollectA is interesting but controversial and this Mojo, I think, is already second and the best balanced in body proportions!
Safari is a very nice brand with a long history and I never saw a nice lion in their regular series!

Hi, Ken! Where did you find other reviews from Mojo figures?
No other review : except for this

Roger, I do not want to compared with schleich lion family as I am not pleasing at all except for the male lion. the reason for me to compared with Papo as everyone knows that they made the best "big cats family" at the moment.

Obviously I would like to see another up and coming competitor to complete with them. And also this is only a sample. Hopefully there can revised the paint & add more details on the second production.

Safari till now have not make any nice lions on wildlife series that I can agreed. But the 2011 releases have show some improvement and the best lion for me is their wildlife wonder series.

Collecta Lion 2010 releases is interesting too! But the paint job is too contrasts.

How about Bullyland? I think there should be consider to retired the lion and make new one.

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:07 am

@ken yeo wrote:
[quote="
Safari till now have not make any nice lions on wildlife series that I can agreed. But the 2011 releases have show some improvement and the best lion for me is their wildlife wonder series.

Ken, now I'm understanding! Very Happy
Anyway I don't considere this Safari lion, is a completly different range of animals, softer, hollow and much more expensive, with the money of this 25cm lion I can buy the Papo, Mojo and CollectA!
I don't know it and I don't like be conclusive about something that I only know from pictures! But it doesn't impress me, first the pose, this is what I call a half walking pose, half back the lion is walking while the front is stoped, strange??? The body in the pictures looks very short, not some short, very! The belly and chest makes a triangle and some more doubts that without the figure I can't be sure!
Anyway looks nicer than the 2011 new regular sized lion! ...and it have your and Kiki's agreement. Is there any review of this Safari WW figure?:)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:15 am

@Roger wrote:
Is there any review of this Safari WW figure?:)

Ask Mrs. Pariente to send me one and I will do the job of course cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 am

@Kikimalou wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Ask Mrs. Pariente to send me one and I will do the job of course cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

If I was a developer of a brand I'll do it for sure! Your reviews are great promotional for the figures! Fantastic pictures in a important forum and in your great website!:)
Anyway I never contacted Mr. Pariente but he should be a member of this forum! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:40 am

@Roger wrote:
@Kikimalou wrote:
@Roger wrote:

If I was a developer of a brand I'll do it for sure! Your reviews are great promotional for the figures! Fantastic pictures in a important forum and in your great website!:)
Anyway I never contacted Mr. Pariente but he should be a member of this forum! :)

Mr. Pariente - Where are you? confused confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Well, I don´t collect lions, but... I think those are awesome!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Those are some nice lions! Very Happy
Have to say though, I could do without that muscle contour shading. It actually makes a model look flatter, and IMO should be kept for 2D work.
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:00 am

Congratulations on your new lion-family my friend! Very Happy
Yes, they are second best in the business at the moment i guess, and that is a compliment, beeing after the great big cats from Papo with much finer details is not bad at all!
Specially, when you think, that company like Schleich ,Bullyland and Safari are much longer around! Shocked Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2