Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

The 2019 Papo kingfisher

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

The 2019 Papo kingfisher Empty
PostSubject: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 am

found yesterday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

..and with some others inhabitants of river banks to size comparison..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Congratulations, I'd never guess that Papo would be the first releasing it among major brands. There is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but this one has a much more traditional design.
Good to see how it looks together with other river friends.
I think this topic can be moved to walk arounds section.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shardur

Shardur

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Yay! Congrats!

Found mine yesterday too. cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 7:28 pm

It is a beautieful kingfisher :)

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 9:07 pm

thank you Rogério for the link to AAA kingfisher!.. you're right, its colours are a little strange..
Danke schön Shardur und Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 9:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
thank you Rogério for the link to AAA kingfisher!.. you're right, its colours are a little strange..

These AAA birds are often painted in a strange way, maybe it represents a different species of kingfisher. An azure kingfisher or something like that. If anyone find a better match, I can certainly move it to the correct species page.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 10:54 pm

These AAA birds are often painted in a strange way, maybe it represents a different species of kingfisher. An azure kingfisher or something like that. If anyone find a better match, I can certainly move it to the correct species page.

Very clearly it represents Alcedo atthis or common kingfisher. The colours are not much inaccurate, just painted in a bit simplistic way. Both Ceyx azureus and any other kingfisher species would have different distribution of colours, especially on the head.

Colorata: 15
Safari LTD: 13
Schleich: 12
Papo: 9
Mojo Fun: 8
Kaiyodo: 7
Ikimon/Kitan Club: 5
PNSO: 3
Bullyland: 2
CBIOV: 2
Southland Replicas: 2
Nayab: 1
Happy Kin: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Natural History: 1
Science & Nature: 1

Total: 202
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 11:09 pm

Very clearly it represents Alcedo atthis or common kingfisher. The colours are not much inaccurate, just painted in a bit simplistic way. Both Ceyx azureus and any other kingfisher species would have different distribution of colours, especially on the head.

It was very kind from you to check it. I am glad it was originally correctly identifyied and now I've seen it was Susanne who did it. :)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 11:10 pm

three weeks ago, riding on my bicycle, I saw one, over Rhôny stream, from a little stone bridge, awesome spectacle! :)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 1:11 am

This bird has a beautiful colors. I will buy one. cheers cheers

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 9:58 am

you're right Fernando!.. :)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 8:04 pm

I need this beautiful bird, too.

I've seen a real kingfisher flying over the river Saale, which is near by my home.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 6:51 pm

Nice little bird, a king without a doubt. I only saw one in my life but i can't forget it drunken

I bought this model, the Kitan and Kaiyodo ones. I need some light, some free time and I will make a comparison topic.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 Papo kingfisher   The 2019 Papo kingfisher Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2019 Papo kingfisher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: