Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest Empty
PostSubject: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Hello, this is the first of three threads I am going to start about new composition animal additions to my collection for 2019. All of these are really from the last few weeks. It started when an auction I had been watching for a while for a group of Starlux animals reduced price and I decided to finally jump. They are coming from Europe and still haven't arrived. Since I got those anyway I thought I would look around for other auctions and included Elastolin and Lineol in my searching. I found a great Elastolin squirrel for a good price near to me so I bid and won. I posted a walk around about it in another thread but here he is again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Then I saw another auction from the same seller for a composition skunk. I decided tio bid and won that one also. He is very attractive and in excellent condition. Very lightweight, and doesn't feel solid or heavy the way many composition figures do. No idea who he was made by. Seller said 1930s German but there is nothing to back that up. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Then I saw a group of auctions, 5 of them all from one seller. The seller seems to specialize in dolls and they had split up a collection of composition animals into lots and put them in the general Antique and Vintage Toys category at eBay. Not in toy soldiers or collectable animals. I watched a couple of days then bid what I thought was a reasonable amount considering there were at least a few good looking figures in each auction. I ended up winning all 5 auctions for around half of my maximum bid and did very very well I think. All together there are 106 animals in condition from very bad to excellent. Tht's why I am going to need three threads to show them all. I suspect people will want to comment and help me with identification so thought it would be better to split it up some. I first thought they would turn out to be a bunch of things already on the Toy Animal Wiki and I would have no trouble figuring out what was what and who made it. Not so, there have been some surprises as you will see. I will say what I think about each as we go along and please feel free to provide any info or confirmation that you can.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:16 pm

First up is one wolf and four foxes.

The wolf looks to be Elastolin (?) and has one missing paw and some wear but still manages to scare the rabbits so he is fine I think. The foxes looked at first glace like 3 Elastolin.

But it turns out that the one on the right is Elastolin (right Roger?) and the other two clearly are not because they have this nice mark on the side - Switzerland

The only Swiss composition figures company known of on the internet that I can find is one called Straubolin. There are just a few photos online of figures from them - none of which match items I have in this new collection. You can see that the left most of these two is very worn and has a very flat paint surface. A number of the animals in the grouping I got are similar so I think they may be from the same maker and source.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Keeping with carnivores for a moment here are the bears from the group.

I am inclined to think the bear on the left and the cub on the right may be Straubolin or some other maker and the group in the middle are together and a little better made so ???

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Next we have some rabbits and a beaver that is definitely Elastolin. It matches up in pose and weight and feels right. The sitting up rabbit may be Straubolin based on the style and paint condition. The other two I don't know. The 'running' one is very flat and more like laying.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Here is a group of chamois and a mouflon. The mouflon is definitely a Lineol according to TAW picture.
The chamois though? Maybe the big one is older Lineol? Not finding exact matches online. Straubolin? Some other makers?

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Now begin the deer. A big moose and two large deer. Both of the moose's antlers are there but one had clearly been glued before with some glue residue on both sides. The other doesn't look to have been. Both of the big deer have broken antlers but parts are there and the center one will be mostly complete except for one front spike when I glue it back on eventually. Makers?

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Many deer. this next batch are in pretty good shape. The calling one on the left is not as nicely made as the one on the right. The right one had an antler broken off that I glued back on already, he also is marked with an impressed Germany. Lineol?

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:36 pm

A row of roebuck bucks. I think far left is Lineol, far right is Elastolin and the three in the middle are Straubolin since they match up with does from the next photo that are marked again with Switzerland.

The two standing on the right have the mark. The eating ones do not but they look like they match up nicely in paint and style with the others.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:38 pm

Two more does, on the right is Elastolin I think, on the left matches up in style with the Straubolin ones

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 pm

These are a smaller group in size and I think are Elastolin? Lineol? The fawn probably goes with the roebucks.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 pm

and the last deer. A couple of odd looking ones that are smaller and in a different paint style than the others. Maker idea anyone?

That's it for this thread. Any help you can provide in identification would be great. Thanks for reading. The next thread will be domestic animals followed by one on wild animals.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Incredible, you've found lots of vintage figures! Shocked Now you are killing me with these foxes. affraid
Composition animals were often copied by other brands and they're hard to identify. However, I think you identifyied these foxes correctly. Clearly looks Elastolin and I think it is safe to tell the other, marked with Switzerland, is a Straubolin. I've never seen a picture of a Straubolin fox before, though, as their figures were inspired in Elastolin, I think you can tell with a big certainty that you own a rare Straubolin fox.
The other figures marked with Switzerland are also, much probably Straubolin figures. I believe Yvette, Christophe and some other members can help you much better.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 am

Nice catches too.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 8:07 pm

Tiermann wrote:
and the last deer. A couple of odd looking ones that are smaller and in a different paint style than the others. Maker idea anyone?

That's it for this thread. Any help you can provide in identification would be great. Thanks for reading. The next thread will be domestic animals followed by one on wild animals.

I am almost 100% sure they are Marolin Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest   Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest Empty

Back to top Go down

Tims Compo Adds 2019 1 Field and Forest
Page 1 of 1