Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 9:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nothing as pretty as new leaves on a beech tree in May drunken

And now it is time for you all to bring your suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 Very Happy

1) Poisonous and venomous creatures

2) Rodents other than squirrels

3) Kingfishers & other Coraciiformes

4) ....

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed May 15, 2019 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 11:42 pm

I was thinking, how about poisonous and venomous creatures:
-venomous snakes and lizards
-venomous spiders
-scorpions
-jellyfish
-poison-dart frogs
-venomous octopi
-platypus
-venomous fish
-many, many more!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 8:06 am

rodents

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Kingfishers & other Coraciiformes Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Unicorns.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Kingfishers & other Coraciiformes Very Happy

interesting, but do you know other Coraciiformes as figure?

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Safari LTD have a kookaburra in Wings of the World, and various minor brands did various hornbills.

P.S. I hope that in the Unicorns category we can include narwhals, Indian rhinos, rhinoceros beetles and Naso tangs Razz

Schleich: 10
Papo: 9
Safari LTD: 9
Mojo Fun: 7
Kitan Club: 5
Kaiyodo: 3
CBIOV: 2
Nayab/Happy Kin: 2
Southland Replicas: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Natural History: 1
Bullyland: 1

Total: 92
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 11:09 pm

1. there are more coraciiform figures than there are wild asses, and that has an SUY. Also Kaiyodo and other Japanese companies did at least three species of kingfisher.

2. I object to unicorns. There is already a 'fantasy creatures' category.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 12:33 am

Kookaburras are kingfishers. However, it is a fact that there are several [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as figures.
I enjoy Pardofelis suggestion for unicorsn. Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 7:38 am

Kookaburras are kingfishers. However, it is a fact that there are several [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as figures.

Shame that only one (the bee-eater) is from a different family. However, your link still lacks the other members of the Coraciiformes order: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there are more Coraciiformes figurines (three hornbills and a hoopoe).

Schleich: 10
Papo: 9
Safari LTD: 9
Mojo Fun: 7
Kitan Club: 5
Kaiyodo: 3
CBIOV: 2
Nayab/Happy Kin: 2
Southland Replicas: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Natural History: 1
Bullyland: 1

Total: 92
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptySat May 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Huh… It was MY suggestion…

The reason why I suggested unicorns is because I have a lot of informations to tell you about where the legend comes from, informations not so many people know about. But of course, since there is already a Mythological SUY, maybe we Don't need a Unicorn-specialized SUY.
Back to top Go down
Wienerwald

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptySun May 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Indigenous peoples

Wikipedia:

"Indigenous peoples, also known as first peoples, aboriginal peoples or native peoples, are ethnic groups who are the original settlers of a given region, in contrast to groups that have settled, occupied or colonized the area more recently."
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyMon May 20, 2019 12:37 am

The reason why I suggested unicorns is because I have a lot of informations to tell you about where the legend comes from, informations not so many people know about. But of course, since there is already a Mythological SUY, maybe we Don't need a Unicorn-specialized SUY.

To be fair, I enjoyed Pardofelis' suggestion to your suggestion. Wink Yes, I already learned a lot with you about this kind of creatures. You are our expert in this subject. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 11:23 pm

To be fair, I enjoyed Pardofelis' suggestion to your suggestion. Wink Yes, I already learned a lot with you about this kind of creatures. You are our expert in this subject. :)

Oh? So Pardofelis liked my suggestion? As for the information, I know I put them in Toy Animal Info, but there are also pictures I would have loved to share with you guys, pictures that illustrate and prove the information I have. Maybe I can re-open the Mythical SUY topic?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 11:50 pm

Safari LTD have a kookaburra in Wings of the World, and various minor brands did various hornbills.

P.S. I hope that in the Unicorns category we can include narwhals, Indian rhinos, rhinoceros beetles and Naso tangs Razz

Narwhals can be included in Unicorns because their tusks sold as unicorn horns by Vikings was a huge contribution to the legend; unicorn representations went from small goat-like beings to animals the size and shape of a horse. As for rhinos, well, I'm not sure: their link with unicorns actually is a LEXICAL CONFUSION, Pliny the Elder having called rhinoceroses @unicorns@. Since he described his @unicorn@ being a grey, large animal with elephant feet, this animal has no link with the goat-like white, fluffy, bearded, deer-footed unicorn drawn in the Medieval Bestiaries. In fact, the animal drawn the Medieval Bestiaries matching Pliny the Elder's description is in fact the MONOCEROS. This shows people in the Medieval period clearly made the difference between the large, grey, elephant-footed Monoceros (rhinoceros) and the cloven-hooved, bearded, white, tiny unicorn. This shows a SECOND ANIMAL WAS BEHIND THE LEGEND. And the information I have identifies this second animal. And that was my surprise to you guys, wanting to open a Unicorns SUY topic.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:20 pm

If I write "Unicorns and narwales, and..." sorry I am a bit late and get lost in the discussion Embarassed

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:33 pm

If I write "Unicorns and narwales, and..." sorry I am a bit late and get lost in the discussion Embarassed

Don't worry: I re-opened the "Mythical" topic and wrote my unicorns stuff there. So, everything is fine and we Don't need a unicorn topic.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 EmptySat May 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Don't worry: I re-opened the "Mythical" topic and wrote my unicorns stuff there. So, everything is fine and we Don't need a unicorn topic.

Thankyou, dear friend Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019   Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the SUY of June 2019
Page 1 of 1