Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
landrover
SeanieP
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too Empty
PostSubject: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 10:16 am

New African animals from PNSO, small scale (OK!), slightly unnatural poses (rhino, giraffe) but absolutely gorgeous gazelle!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:04 am

Yes, very very beautieful. But the species could be known as figure, on the first view.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Most are a little small for me but the warthog, gazelle, and chameleon could work
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 5:27 pm

does anyone the sizes of the animals, esp. the warthog and Tommy Gazelle?

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 5:39 pm

Very rare to me, question interesting set.

cheers cheers

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 6:12 pm

SeanieP wrote:
does anyone the sizes of the animals, esp. the warthog and Tommy Gazelle?

In the link provided in the first post you can see the measurements of each piece. For my collection all are too small (even the warthog, that is 7,5 cm long x 4,5 height (for me, it would be good with 8 to 8,5 cm lenght)), also the gazelle is too small with 6,5 cm lenght and 6,6 cm height (for me it would be good with 8 cm lenght, roughly the same than CollectA springbok). The only animal that is not too small for me, is the chameleon -that of course is oversized Razz

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 6:32 pm

I like those sizes but do not want to buy the whole thing for just two animals

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 6:40 pm

THOSE ONES are interresting too Wink
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

What animal is this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 8:17 pm

is it a wombat? Not too familiar with Australia animals

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptySun May 19, 2019 8:19 pm

That's a tree kangaroo I think. Not sure of the species though.

These are great looking animals!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyMon May 20, 2019 12:31 am

So I absolutely love them and I find their designs refreshing. Most of the poses are not so unnatural as they seem and a few are even spectacular in my opinion. I also love the proportions of some sculpts and I find incredible that they can put so delicate legs in such small figures.
The lion and platypus are defintely not good figures but some are really great, namely the cheetah, rhino, gazelle, warthog, etc.
About the Oceanian animal, I think Paige is completely right and it is a tree-kangaroo. Curious that it seems to be larger than the red kangaroo. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyMon May 20, 2019 8:43 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That's a tree kangaroo I think. Not sure of the species though.

These are great looking animals!

I think it is a Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyMon May 20, 2019 12:24 pm

A Goodfellow's? But where are the two clear stripes that should run along its back?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyMon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm

landrover wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

What animal is this:

This tree kangaroo is a must have

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyMon May 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Do you think the gazelle is a thomson gazelle? The crocodile a nile crocodile and the chameleon a jackson chameleon and the ostrich a somali ostrich and a blue wildbeest?

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyTue May 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Difficult to think in an exact match but I think that it fit's better with a mountain gazelle, Gazella gazella.

Gazella gazella:

PNSO model

Gazella thomsonii: note straighter horns, paler face, wider side stripe, etc. Also, the ringhs of the horns are oblique in mountain gazelle and PNSO figure, but perpendicular to the horn axis in the Thomson's. And the shape of the head is shorter in Thomson's and longer in the mountain gazelle and in the figure.

Crocodile is obviously Nile (since it's an african species and is not slender-snouted nor dwarf), the chameleon is correct (the only species with three long forward-oriented horns), the wildebeest is of course blue (the black wildebeest have a white tail and different shaped horns), and about the ostrich I don't pronounce as I don't care about subspecies, for me, it's just an Ostrich as I'm a species collector.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyTue May 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Difficult to think in an exact match but I think that it fit's better with a mountain gazelle, Gazella gazella.

Gazella gazella:

PNSO model

Gazella thomsonii: note straighter horns, paler face, wider side stripe, etc. Also, the ringhs of the horns are oblique in mountain gazelle and PNSO figure, but perpendicular to the horn axis in the Thomson's. And the shape of the head is shorter in Thomson's and longer in the mountain gazelle and in the figure.

Crocodile is obviously Nile (since it's an african species and is not slender-snouted nor dwarf), the chameleon is correct (the only species with three long forward-oriented horns), the wildebeest is of course blue (the black wildebeest have a white tail and different shaped horns), and about the ostrich I don't pronounce as I don't care about subspecies, for me, it's just an Ostrich as I'm a species collector.

With the gazelle is really difficult. I think that figure is not exactly. I also can find more in the book "Bovids of the world". The brown is to dark for a Thompson gazelle but the black stripe (especially by the eyes) is more a Thompson gazelle.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyTue May 21, 2019 6:17 pm

I am sorry again for disapointing your optimistic identification and I really find the Mountain gazelle a very good approach. However, if geographic criterion is valide for crocodiles, it should also be considered for gazelles. Yes, mountain gazelles are not good choices for an African set like this one.
In my opinion, they just want to represent a Thomson's gazelle, it is the most popular gazelle species and I think the horns pointed forward are a feature of this species. The thickness of the horns is a consequence of the way they must be manufactured. Much probably the painting is not exactly based in a Thomson's species but it is often common that some designers mix several species when using online pictures for reference.

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyTue May 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Yes, that's why I said that is difficult to find an exact match. And yes, I forgot that mountain gazelles are Arabian and while very close to Africa, Arabia is still Asia... However, by morphology only, the species that match best is the mountain gazelle despite having being made without thinking in it.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyWed May 22, 2019 12:05 am

I really appreciate all your effort to identify species and you're doing a great and useful work.
Actually, the figure works better as a mountain gazelle but certainly PNSO mean a Thomson's gazelle. These things happen often as we observed before with the Schleich gazelle, Mojo oryx, etc.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyWed May 22, 2019 9:16 am

Pardofelis wrote:
A Goodfellow's? But where are the two clear stripes that should run along its back?

You are right, a Matschie's tree-kangaroo would match better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyWed May 22, 2019 5:50 pm

But a Matschie don't have dark rings in the tail, and the contrast between white and rufous parts in limbs, belly and overall, head, is much stronger...

In my opinion is just a "generic" tree kangaroo with no species match

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyWed May 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
But a Matschie don't have dark rings in the tail, and the contrast between white and rufous parts in limbs, belly and overall, head, is much stronger...

In my opinion is just a "generic" tree kangaroo with no species match

A generic tree kangaroo isn't a species and the other tree kangaroos are really different from this one. I can't say it is a perfect Matschie' or Goodfellow but it is closer to those ones than to any other.

It is the same for the gazelle but it is always interresting to play the game Very Happy

We could also say that the other kangaroo, the one with a baby is a generic kangaroo Wink
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too EmptyWed May 22, 2019 10:35 pm

I also think it is more a Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next